VN - Ren'Py - Captains Bizarre Adventure [v2.3] [CaptainVerse]

1. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 1/5
    It was just not worth much and the writting really isent good, at times you sit back and wonder whats going on due to poor writting.

Its not even a harem game since in a harem you should deside whos in it and you dont, this is instend a mindless fuckfest with no choices in anything so girls are forced and only choice you get is "skip sex scene" or i guess skyp as its spelled in game? ffs....meaning it still happens so its also just a kinetic novel without a tag which is also annoying.

Girls 3/5
    Pretty decent and good diversity in builds so they got that right, its just to bad they are all forced making game more of a turn-off.

Animations 3/5
    Pretty average scenes some with really shittty cam views but atleast they made the virgin scene good, shows blood and pain so they got atleast that right which is somewhat rare in games.

Choices 1/5
    Well its kinetic, all relationships are forced, so really a huge fail, and 99% of the choices you see if not all is the skip sex scene or watch sex scene and skipping means it still happens so you truely have no choice at all.

Music 0/5
    Silent game = more boring game.

Heres a hint for the dev, when making a full blown kinetic game, add the tag and you wont get bad reviews from people who hate kinetic or forced LIs and sex scenes, personaly i wouldent even have tried the game out if tag had been there.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

AoiAoii

i feel like this game is underrated and more worthy
    While i know this is an 18-rated game, i still feel in love with the atmosphere and story-telling that it manages to express (play for the p*rn, stay for the plot), although the story's plot is a bit strange and seem to be missing something (but i'm not a honkai lore expert, can't complain here)
    I did play Honkai Impact, so I know certain things about its lore and story. And yes, the thought of Captain going back in time to save everyone is beautiful. He also has Kazuha's face and hairstyle (very cool character), OP power, harem, this surely is canon, chef kiss
    The side character is... not bad, but hard to remember. While I know the author is trying to expand his world, the most I can remember is only the canon character, the yellow-haired knight we know from the beginning of the semester, and this sister who lends us her hand from the start.
    Still waiting for Delta and Bronie scenes, maybe even teri tho:>, author focuses too much on bb characters sadly.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Jnx

English: 4/10
    User Interface: 4/10
    User Experience: 5/10
    Art: 8/10
    Dialogue: 3/10
    Story: 5/10
    Opinion: 4/10
    ------------------------------
    Avg: 4.71/10 [2/5]

So, upfront full disclosure, I have never, and will never, fall prey to-- I mean, play the gatcha game this is based on. So going forward, this is all from the perspective of someone who has no clue about whatever might happen in the source wallet sponge. I mean game. Right off the bat, I can immediately feel the "only people that know will enjoy this." Which is a major issue with parody games, I know, but I wanted to try this out and review it for people like me. Curious but put off by the source material. While KK does moderate favors for the waifus in that game, the men in KK will always look like the worms from men in black, so the two looks of "bravely default MC" and "Wacky over the top waifu" clash heavily. And the fact that Asuka, a character from Evangelion, is in this is odd. Also, considering the source is a chinese game, if you type "Kanchou" into google translate it means "Look ugly." So that's fun. I will also say, the premise is MC goes back in time to fix issues. What they are? Who knows. But he says he's going back in time, in another universe... So that wouldn't affect this universe? There's a lot of clashing ideas, and certain characters Engrish are so bad but it's inconsistent? I'm so confused on every front of this. Minimal quality control, custom mouse and main menu, but fully default everything else. I just don't understand, fully polish everything, or don't bother, please. Even though I'm sure the latter is going to be the option picked, unfortunately.

The story starts out with a smorgasbord of anime waifus (that no doubt cost a months pay, I'll stop the live service/gatcha jokes now) And all of them say to MC, essentially, "Be careful when you go, and save them all." Where he's going and who the hell he'll save? Who actually knows. But they use this time to hammer the point that all the girls are direly in love with MC. Only no one has said anything, because "them anime vibes." All of them take a few lines of dialogue to coddle and boost MC's ego, "I know you can do it, you're amazing, you saved me." For him to reply "Heh, she's so cute" to every single one. So the harem is already there, the story's already done, but you just had to be there to know what's up. This really isn't for anyone but fans of the game. If you barely speak English, don't include anime lingo in your script. Yes becomes "hai" thank you becomes "sankyu,", you don't even speak English, why are you putting japanese in a parody of a chinese game? So much of what's going on early on is assuming you know everything that happened to all these characters, but you just don't. MC goes to the other universe to find himself in the body of a child. He went back earlier than he wanted, apparently, he didn't exist in that universe, meeting one of the waifu's mother. But none of them have made a lasting impression so I don't know or care who's it was. Then a time skip with a grammatical error pops up. That tells me "Instead of developing a rapport or relationship with these characters, you get nothing." Suddenly, MC is in magical girl high school, with a childish principal. Even MC himself does the "She's cute, so I'll let her get away with murder" simping. Then you have Lisa in love with MC but it happened during that time skip, you see one day of MC at school, Lisa gets drunk and they have sex. And to add to my confusion, you get the option to skip the sex? If this isn't for people that want to fuck gatcha waifus, who is it for? Then, ANOTHER TIME SKIP. "Lots of fun stuff happened, you just had to be there" WE COULD HAVE. YOU JUST DIDN'T SHOW ANYTHING. And whoever Otto is, is never shown, all you know is he wants to be in control.

Frankly, the English is so bad entire story points are lost on me. You have to know everything that happened in some dumb predatory gatcha game. I don't understand the point in naming the character, seeing as the dev is Kanchou-sama. There has yet to be anything to keep my attention. You know, someone who has no idea what is going on. Characters keep being introduced, there's some looming problem, but you have no idea what it is, and all of the characters act the same, give or take an anime trope or two. And this does something I hate. A character will have this long internal monologue, or even just a small thought, then essentially repeat it verbatim out loud. What was the point of showing the thought if they were just going to say it? It adds an extra nothing to the dialogue, just pads out some arbitrary word count for the sake of "number go up." And at the beginning, MC said "Time stops while I'm in another universe" but things happen at the same time when the grown up waifus start appearing in the other universe? So inconsistency in the rules set in the world. I guess I am one of the few people actually reading the story, but it feels like the sex will be too few and far between for someone to find this and hold CTRL through to the naughty bits. So I ask again, who is this for? The end of current content is just a speedrun through holiday and beach events, giving two sex scenes and some bath scenes just to see the girls naked. It's cheap, poorly translated, and feels rushed. I expected this to be longer for some reason, but you get to new years and just boop, it's over.

The bottom line is, if you don't spend $100 a month on Honkai Impact, you will not enjoy this. If you are a native English speaker, you will not enjoy this. The English starts fine for about 5 minutes, then the odd grammar starts, then entire lines make no sense. It is rough. The UI has a custom main menu and a mouse cursor, and the choice menus are edited a bit. But that's it. The UX is standard, but the ONE choice that "matters" is skip a sex scene or not, the other 4 are "say a line of dialogue or not." So the choices don't matter. The art is good, but I wouldn't know if any of the girls are original material or not, so I can't say much. The dialogue is typical anime slice of life nothings or vague mysterious references to something that might happen. With no real proper nouns, so you will never know what's happening til it happens. The story is okay, I guess? From what little I can gather, a lot of valkyries are dead, and you want to save them. But the truth would be, just because you save them in another universe, doesn't make them less dead. So I don't see the point. My opinion is "At least it's not a dumb story about an idiot that sleeps with his family." If the English improves and things get explained a little better to people that aren't live service victims, I'll gladly come back and update my review. Best of luck to the dev tho.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Lich-Lord457

This is my first review on this site so I will say that Captains Bizarre Adventure is doing a great job so far. I may update my review some point after a few more updates.

This game is enjoy for the story of the Captain and his Bizarre adventure with his crew. I understand that the game which is at the time of me writing this at 1.4 v and the Easter Special. He has done a amazing job. The story itself is interesting to follow and to watch how it impacts not just the Captain but to the crew and the people he tries to save. He has made some improvements in grammar and model expressions from 1.0 v. Overall, I found this game enjoyable, and I can't wait for future update. Keep up the good work and see to you guy in the Future. :)(y) (Date of first Review on April 11, 2023)