RPGM - Completed - Castle Infection [v1.00] [Angry_Whale]

1. 5.00 star(s)

O&M's

Besides the bugs, I'd say this game is alright. I really like games with this type of theme, but there's plenty of things that could have made the game better:
    1) Nun doesn't change outfits between corruption levels, like the succubus. Feels like missed potential since her default costume is already kind of slutty-looking. It also felt like the succubus should have had one more stage of corruption (her final outfit doesn't look like a "final outfit", imo).
    2) The max mana mechanic feels like it shouldn't be a thing. The game would be better with a building corruption meter (e.g. next level of corruption after hitting "5 corruptness" or 95 "purity"), which is generally how games like this work. Instead, you have to get a bunch of awkward, self-enforced game overs to unlock scenes that change between each level of corruption. One of the monsters DOES do grapple-sex attacks, so I'm not sure why all of them didn't.
    3) There is only 1 ending, even if your corruption is maxed out (correct me if I'm wrong).

There's a couple of other things I could complain about, but as far as I'm aware, this is the first game Angry_Whale has made. With THAT considered, I'd say this is a very good first game. Here's hoping they makes more games, with more polish, in the future--I'd love to see more from this developer.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Mister Wake

This game is pretty short and sweet! If you like corruption and don't mind the usual RPGmaker jank, its got some pretty decent artwork, a good corruption mechanic and differing scenes depending on said corruption. There are some dangerous bugs, such as one that resets your corruption for some reason at the highest levels of lewdity when switching back from the nun; so make sure to save regularly!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Silentes

To be honest I didn't expect to enjoy the game as much as I did. Taking into account this is the first game the author has made, it's awesome.

Sure, it may have some bugs/glitches unfortunately, but it's definitely worth a playthrough in my opinion.

I can only hope the next one will be even more polished, as this type of premise isn't found too much and it's one of my faves.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Az~Hina

The game is a mess but I have a soft spot for artstyle like this, the dev did mention it's their first game and it does really show. Moving around in this game with a mouse is almost impossible, and i really hate using my keyboard for RPGMV games.

I really like the encounters in this game and certain events that take place, the simplicity is nice.

I don't even know what this combat is supposed to be, its very unpolished, also can get softlocked a bit in certain areas. Overall, don't play this game... it is not worth it, grab a gallery save. But i do look forward to this devs future games, shows a lot of promise.

+Art style
    +Story and Premise

=Combat?
    =Convoluded puzzles

-Overall gameplay
    -Cannot move with mouse properly
  5. 4.00 star(s)

learningfromit

pretty okay. Nice corruption game. A little buggy so make sure you save often. ofcourse it could have been better but there are lots of scenes with different art. not the best but def worth a playthrough.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

ThatGuy82

TLDR: It's a broken mess.

I'll start off by saying I managed to "complete" the game despite all the issues in under half an hour. The small amount of art that I was able to see was pretty meh, and sometimes you just couldn't tell what it was you're looking at.

Firstly: Some BGM in the game is very quiet, others *very* loud, so there's no audio balance. The premise of the game is to just walk around, listen to the clues, and do what they say. You won't get very far the first few times, as your health constantly drains, but you'll end up getting armor that slows the drain and eventually stops it completely (by "get armor" it really just makes you wear less lol).

I softlocked the game by trying to enter the mage's place as the nun. She backed away saying she's not allowed in, but then can't move...and since you can't open the menu while playing as the nun, you have to restart the game. The very first chamber of the castle has the king walking around, but if he goes to turn left or right the game encounters an error with the AI and needs to be restarted. Near the end, where I needed to grab a bunch of keys, an event mob teleported in front of me, locking me in it's hitbox, requiring reloading a few times until it stopped magically teleporting into me/the stairs.

Finally: Completing the game is very sudden and unrewarding. You interact with a shiny (normally these markers are just trash items in the other parts of the game), get a message saying you did it, and "enjoy the CG room." The CG room doesn't load in; you just have a black screen with some parts of the UI broken.

Very much deserves the 1 star rating. I only managed to get a single H scene, which was "helping" a girl who was going to get raped by satisfying the dude yourself. The game itself was terrible, and I can't say too much about the sex scenes as I think most of them require losing or something, which is actually a tedious task.

*Edit:* Probably worth mentioning that I used the official download link from itch.io, rather than from here. The game's free.