VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Catgirl & Doggirl Cafe [v1.1.2] [Norn]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Toadlet

Short, fairly vanilla kinetic novel about a catgirl, a doggirl and yourself. It is mosaic censored :(.

Story:

Peaceful story with few negative incidents. It is poorly written though, as it skips time and has no real flow, just random events. There are some developments with the cafe though, only real growth in the story.

Dialogue:
    Stale dialogue and not very continuous or natural. Do not know if this is the TL's or the original writers fault though.

TL:
    Not much to say, decent grammar and vocabulary. Don't know much japanese but I heard a lot more /goshujinsamaaa/ in the voicing than what was in the text.

Art:
    Nicely drawn and beautiful art, depends on preference ofc. Does also contain x-ray shots of genitalia, only appears during ejaculation part and is static, can be toggled on/off in options menu.

Sound:
    The girls are voiced, can not judge anything here as I'm no expert in japanese and how they talk. Also some sfx, squish sounds during intercourse or grass rustling.

Animation:
    Contains no animated 'action' or scenery, does contain facial animations which can be toggle on/off in the options menu. The facial animations are one animation for the eyes and one for the mouth, not timed to what they are saying and therefore looks weird.

Interface:
    Regular renpy game menus and conversation boxes. Unintuitive way to change name of mc, doing so in the options menu instead of a choice at the start, and no way to change the names of the girls. The inability to change the names of the girls is most likely because they are named in the voicing.

Scenes:
    The scenes as mentioned earlier contain no animations and are static pictures. Though they could do with an upgrade in the amount of them. Most scenes are made of 3 to 4 pictures and most of it happens in the dialogue, often no correspondence between the picture and the dialogue either.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Ryahn

I am a fan of anything with cat girls in it. While playing this and following the story. It reminded me of some anime I have watched recently. The story is decent. But if you are looking for a light and loose story, this is for you.

The acting does feel a little bit pushed but its easy to follow along though.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 545851

The animation is really nice and cute, it's enought to get my attention. But, that's alI can really say that's really good about the game. The story goes by like a rocket ship, skipping time ahead outa nowhere, it's actually kinda jarring and annoying, whatever happened to slowly building up your story and world, not rushing head first like a berserker. The sex scenes happen within the first 5 minutes of the game, when it first happned I was confused, like really? no build, no romance, just instant sex with little to no anticipation, that really ruined the game for me pesonally. Maybe i'm alone, but, I expect their to be some kinda reason why the sex is happeing, not just hey thanks for savin me, let's have sex righ now, you can even take my virginity, it's so dumb and instant. So in conclusion, I just can't give this game a better rating, just play Nekopara instaed, it's better.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Username1337

Average VN. The slave tag means they were slaves and you buy them, but obviously being the protagonist in a vanilla VN you treat them nice and they're super happy and not really slaves as far as your experience in concerned.

The story is only there to set up the scenes, the scenes are pretty much the usual hentai, and the universe really doesn't make a difference except to get you into a world with demi-humans.

tl;dr Average. You can tell if you'll like it by reading the title.