Ren'Py - Celest Twilight [v0.6.0.B1] [Elrath Creations]

1. 2.00 star(s)

ubira

Initially I liked this game.. the first time I played it, I thought I had already reviewed it but apparently not.. but ok.. graphics and renders are perfect, game with lots of cinematography and animations, basic magic system is bad explored initially only serving to "spy" without being seen, annoying "lis" NPC characters, it really makes you want to kill them all, congratulations if that was the intention, as our character the MC is a newcomer to a type of race school mystics with angels, demons and such, of which the mc is not welcome by the students there, suffering constant bullying, and being ignored as if he were invisible by most, and the only cool characters who approach him are to take advantage of some reason still unknown since the game doesn't have enough gameplay time to clarify the biggest doubts imposed in the game, the more you play, the more questions arise and the fewer answers appear... this would even be cool if the game had constant updates so as not to leave the player with no answers for a long time... but currently I don't even know if this game is active anymore, if it is, the updates certainly take time and when the time comes to clear up the doubts imposed in the game, I will barely remember the story. It's a game with great potential, but poorly explored, with beautiful but extremely annoying LIS lolis. a good example that visuals are not always everything.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Demiurge1084

Really Insane nice Renders and character models I hope to see some more great Stuff and see how the mystery unfold. A little downside i had was that i somehow couldnt play it with Joiplay at first because it freezed pretty early but no problems on Windows.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

tsakalos

This game is the definition of "all style but no substance". The models look very good, and carry the game because the gameplay sucks. Claims to be a sandbox, but the choices don't matter at all. I guess having a menu to choose locations counts as sandbox here. You can't interact with anything on the map, the whole game is just "go to x location to trigger a scene" that's all. Doesn't even have a lot of h scenes. Will probably be stuck forever in demo version.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Ironcladstarfish

Enjoyed this and the previous god & void previously. The visual quality of Elrath content is also on the impressively high end compared to most F95 games. There does seem to be a bit of a bitter element against the dev on the forum though, so reviews / the thread itself might be a bit divisive and generally hard to gauge game quality for yourself via.

I'd suggest just trying the game and seeing if you enjoy it, at the very least it's much more reliable to form an opinion with than listening to people with an axe to grind, and there does seem to be at least a few of those from a quick glance in the thread.

I'm sure those people think they have reasons for it that justify it, but the reasons I've seen (i.e paywalling) are things present in other games on here that are hugely popular and don't get the same level of flak for the same things, at least as far as I've seen.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Penlitgamer

+ Great atmosphere and impressive production quality at times.
    + Interesting plot, worldbuilding, and characters. Feels very unique.
    + Jam-packed with references to everything ever made.

- Some people may be offput by the focus on the plot, which is rather heavy by design.
    - Despite the excellent graphical renders, the interface looks very rough (hopefully it will get some attention in the future).
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DrewLichter

I like the eerie feel to this, a font/background makes it a tad difficult to read sometimes and I find myself scrolling backwards to catch the flickers on the screen. I wonder if there is just a "stay and hangout" option to be added, as that seems to be what Twilight wants us to do.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

SKSE.Kiyan

Very promising start, the game has a few problems like the humor being a bit too heavy
    The paywalled content was poorly executed, but the abuse the dev faced was far too much even to the point of suing threats, some people need to chill , on top of that the dev gave into the pressure and that still was not enough apparently.
    There is a lot of work done on the environnement with some backgrounds fully animated and very vibrant, a good music selection, the story seems to be deep and engaging but a bit too obscure to my tastes.
    Characters so far all have their own personality, I hate the ones I'm supposed to hate and love the ones I'm supposed to love so mission accomplished I think
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Stray00

I'm not a fan of sandbox but tbh I really like this one. The animation is so good, and the story has so much potential to continue. Personally I don't think bonus content was a good idea, but you have listened to the reviews and changed so it's a good sight ! I really hope this game won't be abandoned. I'm looking forward to the new updates!
  9. 1.00 star(s)

joryh

Can't say anything about the paywall in other reviews. The sandbox mechanic here is a demonstration of why so many ppl hate it.
    First time stamp of the day: Go to Academy (mandatory) result? Nothing happens at school. Every Day.

wtf is the point of having a time period you can't do fuck all in. Couldn't even be assed to finish the exploring the town 'quest'. Or any of the other wandering around the tub crap. The shite sandbox, with a wasted time period to make it worse had me tossing this in the trash before i even GOT to any paywalls.

And since you can't give 0 stars, you can count the 1 star as applying to the models. Which are cute, but nowhere near cute enough to wade through this quicksandbox.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

notamasochist

I imagine the game would be pretty good for the paid version, but the demo version on here is really annoying, when the 2 first scenes in the game have stuff blocked without patreon codes. kinda not worth trying the game unless you wanna "donate" $10 a month for the next 4 years of development.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Turtlee

Makes you click through prologue and character introductions only to hit you with an "content for patreons only, enter password" the literal first time you get to see some nudity. Instant exit

Art is fine, transitions in the beginning feel too slow.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

hiresto

I have the first chapter, from being a patreon that I build the review on. It was well done, and the animations are better than most of the ones I see on this site. I am a patreon because I enjoyed the first attempt at the game, and its attempt to use unique elements. I hope more of them return, but not on as large of a scale that it becomes a problem.

The horror is light, and I hope more of it returns in the future. The comedy moments are pretty good. I don't think you take this open too seriously yet, but you might. The characters are likable in their own rights in my mind. Even the characters clearly designed to be unlikable, well, hit the mark and aren't likable. Which is good.

I look forward to seeing how things develop.