5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
GC004_img_base_4.jpg

Overview:
Takeshi Shinonome is a private detective. One day, he meets a girl named Ayumu out in the rain. Ayumu's sister, Marie, and Takeshi went to the same high school. She asks him to investigate rumors concerning her husband. Takeshi finds evidence that her husband is having an affair with Ako Sonomura. Later, Ayumu's father asks Takeshi to investigate her private life. He is a well known politician and is afraid of having a scandal during the upcoming general election.

Soon after Takeshi starts investigating, Ayumu is confronted with an extremely dangerous situation. Is her father's enemy behind this? As Takeshi tries to find out who is putting Ayumu in danger, he discovers a new drug is behind the entire problem. Murders become rampant. The new drug is constantly tied to the murders, but there is not enough evidence to prove it. Will the beautiful girls he becomes involved with help him solve the mystery?​

Thread Updated: 2017-11-04
Release Date: Japanese 2001-06-29, English 2002-07-07
Original Title: チェーン 失われた足跡
Aliases: Chain: The Lost Footsteps, Chain 失われた足跡, Chain Ushinawareta Ashiato
Developer: ZyX
Publisher: JAST USA
Censored: No
Version: Final
Language: English
Voices: Japanese
Length: Medium (10 - 30 hours)
VNDB:
Store:
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

12665.jpg 12666.jpg 12667.jpg 12668.jpg 12669.jpg 77805.jpg 77806.jpg 77807.jpg 95760.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ialdabaoth

Mar 2, 2017
Ahh, this brings back so many good memories. Good thing too, my original CD of this thing died on me so this is most welcome.

Also, you don't need much of a walkthrough for this game, IIRC, there's really no game over for this for failure because you can't fail.

Reactions: jackkane

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ahh, this brings back so many good memories. Good thing too, my original CD of this thing died on me so this is most welcome.

Also, you don't need much of a walkthrough for this game, IIRC, there's really no game over for this for failure because you can't fail.
I figured their might be multiple routes for all of the girls thanks for the heads up.

Ialdabaoth

Mar 2, 2017
Yeah I've always liked Zyx's art style. They also did games like Do You Like Horny Bunnies 1 and 2 and the Lightning Warrior Raidy series.
That would be Keiji Mutou.

Here's his pixiv page if you're interested -

The real kicker would be if someone would upload Fortuna, but getting the english patch for that one is gonna take a real miracle.

Reactions: Aode and xynnner

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
That would be Keiji Mutou.

Here's his pixiv page if you're interested -

The real kicker would be if someone would upload Fortuna, but getting the english patch for that one is gonna take a real miracle.
why is it so hard to get the english patch?

Ialdabaoth

Mar 2, 2017
why is it so hard to get the english patch?
Fortuna technically WAS translated, by a now dead company called Fun Translation, they have a weird DRM, that requires you to make a phone call to buy the patch. It's just that no one ever posted or shared said patch. So it never existed in the internet.

Their other translated game though, Words Worth, thankfully DID managed to get tossed around.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackkane

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
Has anyone actually tried this? I extracted the 'uncensored' file in the game dir but the game is still fully censored.

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
Has anyone actually tried this? I extracted the 'uncensored' file in the game dir but the game is still fully censored.
which "uncensored" file? there is no need for an uncensored file or what ever this game has no censoreship last time i played it.....

sifilis

Apr 27, 2017
which "uncensored" file? there is no need for an uncensored file or what ever this game has no censoreship last time i played it.....
If you try to play the game "as is", it is censored. In the ISO there's an Extra directory, which contains a file called chain_uncensor_patch.rar. Inside is the file HCG, which is not present in the original install, but adding it doesn't change anything.

Phuriousgeorge

Donor
Dec 8, 2018
Hmm... seems no matter what I try, I can't get past a locked-up black screen when starting the game. Tried applock, local emulator, patch, no patch, compatibility modes, disk mounted and not. Guess I'll skip this one for now.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
ok i can't instal this keeps saying failed to copy files
what to to?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarir
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote