Challenge: You like Harem? Why does your genre not even have a word to describe "A guy seeking a Harem".

hakarlman

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2017
One word, no, but Harem Seeker fits the bill to the T. Google Harem Seeker Trope, it's not a new concept.
I wonder if there's a word replacement for Harem, so this person is a special kind of ..... Seeker, a purveyor of fine women, a collector....... He is a ...... seeker. So when people hear the term seeker, they're like, "A Seeker? Oh fuck, he's that kind of guy." The term seeker could be enough to imply Harem related seeking perhaps.

Seeker of what? Purveyor of what? A collector of what? Where what is related to Harem in some way.

I added your suggestion to the post btw.

slider

Jul 14, 2017
Some that could work depending on the context are: Alpha male, leader of the pack, dominator, master, womanizer, woman-collector, patriarch, etc

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hakarlman

CSLysander

Jul 13, 2021
OK, this thread made me realize that people do not actually care to study the history of things. The folks that do in this thread, wow, you folks are amazing. Part of the problem anymore, and this is too worldwide, is that people forget the history to mold something into their own little thought bubble.

I will admit to liking harem in a fantasy sense, but dear lord, the real ones are some craziness that would boggle the mind for most people. Then you throw in the tropes, like some have in this thread, which brings in another layer of craziness that needs to be addressed if deciding to put this in a game. I say this because I am writing a game up right now with a more Mongol or Chinese based thought on a harem, but may go Arab. They are not so different, but it is enough to make me get out the books I have not read in years.

That said, this thread does have some folks we should all aspire to in having some actual sense in learning about a topic to understand it.

Mar 4, 2022
In the first age,
In the first battle,
When the shadow first lengthened,
One stood.
He chose the path of delicious women.
In his ravenous horniness, he found no ass.
And with boiling precum he scoured the holy places,
Seeking vengeance against the cuck husbands who had wronged him.
And those that tasted the tip of his dick named him,
The Ass Slayer.