Ren'Py - Change of Hearts [v0.2] [cheeky-owl]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dailydanny

Writing this review after the 0.2 release.

Settings 3/5

- pretty standard, nothing new in terms of settings

Story 4/5:

- Well, this is a new take that I haven't seen anywhere else and I really like it. No teacher or anything, a psychologist working undercover to investigate the school, nice. So far a slow build up of the case, bringing something new to it in both releases, so this is going at a steady pace.

Characters 5/5:

- I think this is the highlight of the game so far. Lots of interesting characters with lots of different backstories and struggles that we're slowly learning more about - and those struggles are pretty heavy in some cases. Tia's story, Demi's story, damn, those were touching. And I suppose we will be learning about the other girls soon, since most of them have been given a few hints so far. I like the steady pace they are presented with, no rush at the beginning and then a burnout when that arc is resolved quickly.

Renders 3/5:

- Some are interesting, some could definitely use some work. But I can see improvements from the developer.

Sex scenes 1/5

- Only one scene to talk about so far, but I expect that the dev wants to go for the slower relationship development instead of instant smut, so if you're here for a quick fap, you won't get it before you know the characters.

Soundtrack: 4/5

- Some familiar soundtracks, some I haven't heard anywhere else. It's a nice change. Also, the sound effects added where necessary add a nice touch.

Overall: 4/5

- I think this is a promising project if the developer can keep it at this level and hopefully improve it. The promise is interesting and I will continue to follow it.