RPGM Change sprite help

LostWisdom

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2017
I have one last feature I'm trying to add into my demo. Change the player actors sprite based on his equiped gear. I made it a common event using conditional branches. If he wears certain things the sprite changes properly but othertimes it doesn't. I'm sure I've just set it up poorly since I'm an artist not a code guy. It's not a huge problem. But if anyone had any advice I'd appreciate it.

event.png

In game testing recognizes the worn outfit alone, worn outfit and eyepatch, eyepatch alone, headband alone.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
You can save the item names in a variable (one for each kind of gear) and just make one common event running when you close the menu, change equip or whatever is most convenient with:

JavaScript:
$gameActors.actor(id).setCharacterImage("Actor"+$gameVariables.value(n)+...,1)
$gameActors.actor(id).setBattlerImage("Actor"+$gameVariables.value(n)+...,1)
$gamePlayer.refresh()
Of course, you could try a plugin, but personally I never investigated this kind of thing.

Reactions: LostWisdom

LostWisdom

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2017
You can save the item names in a variable (one for each kind of gear) and just make one common event running when you close the menu, change equip or whatever is most convenient with:

JavaScript:
$gameActors.actor(id).setCharacterImage("Actor"+$gameVariables.value(n)+...,1)
$gameActors.actor(id).setBattlerImage("Actor"+$gameVariables.value(n)+...,1)
$gamePlayer.refresh()
Of course, you could try a plugin, but personally I never investigated this kind of thing.
I'm gonna try this out, thank you for the reply : )