Character Development Excel Sheet

GeoJ

Aug 12, 2020
Hey F95,

I'm an aspiring game developer and I recently came across the problem of figuring out how to flesh out my characters.

I'm a sucker for characters that you fall in love with, and then the game ends. That feeling sucks, but I love it. It's like you really got to know someone and their presence felt real.
I looked online through D&D character sheets, looked into personality tests, and tried my best to compile something on my own - until I found a slightly messy but extremely comprehensive character sheet on DeviantArt. All credits go to Character-Resource on DeviantArt.

Link to the original post that inspired this excel sheet:

I spent the last 3 hours fixing the sheet, adjusting margins, and correcting typos and redundancies.
You have to open the program using Microsoft Excel. It's saved as an XML.

Feel feel to let me know if there are any typos or other mistakes I might have missed.
I hope other developers might find some use out of this.

Best of luck with your game development!

Last edited:

Emoon

May 4, 2017
Wow that list really is an extensive one! I always referred to the one by . In any way thanks for dropping it here, otherwise i probably never would've seen it and of course thanks for taking the time fixing it.

Reactions: GeoJ and Baka plays

DirtyJack

Aug 10, 2017
These are really useful. Already ended up binning a project due to one of my characters becoming super inconsistent with their personality over time. Hopefully having a character sheet I can reference whenever I'm writing will help me avoid that. So super big thank you for doing this.

Reactions: GeoJ