Character moving without input and unable to move

slvvt

Dec 12, 2022
When trying to play Country Girl Keiko I am not able to go up on the title screen only down and upon starting the game the character moves the left without me inputting the movement to move left and then I get stuck unable to move. I've tried other RPGM games such as The Black Guards of Odom - Desert Town Prison and Kiara - The Knight of Icicles and have been able to move fine but then in the other games im left unable to move like i've described so im assuming that its something to do with the RPGM engine but i was able to play these fine before so i don't know what would have caused these issues to start

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Another input device (typically gamepad left plugged) might be conflicting with it.

slvvt

Dec 12, 2022
Another input device (typically gamepad left plugged) might be conflicting with it.
Gamepad meaning controller right? cause if so i don't have one plugged in so how would i be able to find out what its registering as input

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Gamepad meaning controller right? cause if so i don't have one plugged in so how would i be able to find out what its registering as input
Turn your computer off and on again. start game.
Did that solve your problem?

If not, close game. Make sure your OS and all drivers are up to date. start game.

If not, close game. unplug all cords for I/O devices connected to your computer (leaving only your main monitor, power, and ethernet cable - if you have one - plugged in). plug in your mouse and keyboard. start game.
a) If so, close game. Plug in next item that was originally plugged in. Start game.
b) repeat a) as necessary for every item until either they are all plugged in and you are still able to play the game or one item causes the game not to run properly. if you find something that conflicts with game play, search internet on how to remove the conflict or just make sure it's unplugged when you want to play the game.

If not, good luck.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Turn your computer off and on again. start game.

If not, close game. Make sure your OS and all drivers are up to date. start game.
In between, those twos, if the mouse is optical, clean the glass in front of the captor. Dust particle stuck on it are not full static and can trick the captor, generating ghost moves.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
what its registering as input
Just to add to the converesation as another (probable) alternative fixe, a cursory web search also reveals the following fix that a , i.e...the OP had uninstalled both their keyboard and mouse drivers and then reinstalled them which helped fix the erratic cursor movements that had been plaguing them in the games that they had been playtesting....

You can

1708194789947.png

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It's not always due to hardware, conflicting/faulty/old drivers could be an issue too. If there's a software running (From a gamepad, even currently disconnected) which interferes with RPG Maker's bindings, then that could be the issue.