• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py [Cheat Mod] [Mod] [Ren'Py] Cheat mod for Bright Past [v0.99.1]

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
Ah ok that makes sense since it is basically looking for variant "touch" since you are playing with JoiPlay.
Kinda just learning a little as I go since I just got it working enough for myself since it seemed pretty much abandoned.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The author was a bit busy with family problems. And now I don't know what he is doing and whether he will continue to support the mod, although he sometimes appears online....

AltNameJustInCase

Jun 18, 2017
I'm getting this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\pspdi\Downloads\games2\Bright_Past-0.98.9-pc\game/rpyc/DATA.rpy.
Exception: Line with id start_62a41b5f appeared twice, at game/rpyc/script.rpy:9538 and game/script.rpy:11129.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "renpy/script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "renpy/translation/__init__.py", line 169, in take_translates
n.filename, n.linenumber))
Exception: Line with id start_62a41b5f appeared twice, at game/rpyc/script.rpy:9538 and game/script.rpy:11129.

Nov 23, 2018
I'm getting this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\pspdi\Downloads\games2\Bright_Past-0.98.9-pc\game/rpyc/DATA.rpy.
You need to follow the instructions:
2. Delete (or move to another folder (outside of the Bright_Past-0.96-pc folder)) the file rpyc.rpa.
Reminder to delete or move the rpyc.rpa file when using the mod.
The original rpyc.rpa is still located within the game folder with a ".rpa(*)" file extension. You need to delete that file or move it completely out of the games folders.

AltNameJustInCase

Jun 18, 2017
You need to follow the instructions:

The original rpyc.rpa is still located within the game folder with a ".rpa(*)" file extension. You need to delete that file or move it completely out of the games folders.
It was already deleted from the game folder and it still doesn't work.

Nov 23, 2018
It was already deleted from the game folder and it still doesn't work.
I see what has happened, you downloaded the roll-back mod with just adds a different script.rpy+script.rpyc. (It's also still on 0.98.8 so you are playing an old version with that essentially)
Delete those 2 as this mod already contains the roll-back functionality as well as this mod.

rain3x

Mar 11, 2018

Clean install, first version of the game I've played so the save is from this version, cache removed. I've tried it both with installing the original mod and overwriting your files, and with removing the original mod entirely and using just your files.

Image shows my game folder. Inventory and NPC text file are from using JUST your files. They happen when you click the inventory and NPC icons respectively. Inv_overwrite is the error clicking inventory when you install the original mod and overwrite it with your files. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Nov 23, 2018
Any ideas?
Looking at the logs, you are running version 0.98.8 according to the last few lines of those logs:
Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Bright Past 0.98.8
Wed Jan 3 17:04:01 2024
My guess is that the 0.98.9 mod doesn't work well with the 0.98.8 version of the game. (Can't really easily test right now since I have v0.98.9 game)
One of my logs for comparison:
Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Bright Past 0.98.9
Thu Dec 28 12:58:12 2023
It's probably that or something else completely unknown to me tbh.
For reference v0.98.9 is xmas themed everywhere and v0.98.8 is not.
I'd either say make sure the versions match and try again, either by downloading the 0.98.9 game or the 0.98.8 mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: rain3x

rain3x

Mar 11, 2018
Looking at the logs, you are running version 0.98.8 according to the last few lings of those logs:
Strange, I only downloaded the game after 0.98.9 came out as it was the first version I played. Ah well. I'll tinker and get back to you if I figure it out.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Mod version 0.4 for game version 0.98.9
PLEASE NOTE!
If you have used my mod before, now the installation method has changed and become more convenient. You no longer need to delete or move the file "rpyc.rpa" from the folder "game". All you need is to place the file "DATA.rpyc" from the downloaded archive in the folder "game" and start the game.
Enjoy the game!

GoDfLesH

Feb 19, 2020
Mod version 0.4 for game version 0.98.9
PLEASE NOTE!
If you have used my mod before, now the installation method has changed and become more convenient. You no longer need to delete or move the file "rpyc.rpa" from the folder "game". All you need is to place the file "DATA.rpyc" from the downloaded archive in the folder "game" and start the game.
Enjoy the game!
Incompatibility with JoiPlay again?

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
The mod has been updated to version 0.5 for the game version 0.98.9.
- Added a button to control nicotine addiction
- Removed lines that could potentially cause the error "NameError: name 'cheat_main_btn_size' is not defined"

I've updated the video guide in case anyone needs a demonstration of how the mod installs and works

Last edited:
Reactions: Waskare

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Привет! Рад,что ты вернулся.
This is an emulator to run Win games on android. Ren'Py, RPGM, and a few others.
Replace with this file the one you downloaded from the theme, that should help. But since I created the styles for PC and its screen resolution, I don't know how it will look on the mobile version.