Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py [Cheat Mod] [Mod] [Ren'Py] Cheat mod for Bright Past [v0.99.1]

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Mod update for game version 0.99.

ATTENTION!

I have sad news.​
The author of the game has changed the method of building the game, and now stores scripts with screens as bytecode (screens.rpyb).
I see 3 reasons for this:
1. Faster loading of screens, because now screens scripts are stored as bytecode.
2. The desire to secure the game from other people's interference to make it harder to create mods.
3. 1 and 2 reasons together.

Given the circumstances, I can't add a mod call button (as was in previous versions of the mod) to the main screen. So now the mod is ONLY opened with the "K" key. You can close the mod window via pressing the "K" key again, or via the button in the upper left corner of the mod window.

But there is a problem. The mod screen opens with a noticeable delay - about 5 seconds. Sometimes you need to press the "K" key twice... This is probably due to the new specifics of the game build. So far I don't know how to speed up the opening of the mod screen.

Btw, now when you remove depression with the button (red sad smiley face) you need to scroll through time for the value to apply. Just like with hunger and sleep.

If the author of the game will continue to change the specifics of the build, it may be impossible to create a mod for new versions.

Installing the mod hasn't changed - you need to add the "options.rpyc" file to the "game" folder. Note that previously you added the "data.rpyc" file, but now the mod is contained in the "options.rpyc" file. If you have the "data.rpyc" file in the "game" folder, delete it.

Last edited:

tania

Jun 30, 2017
Mod update for game version 0.99.

ATTENTION!

I have sad news.​
The author of the game has changed the method of building the game, and now stores scripts with screens as bytecode (screens.rpyb).
I see 3 reasons for this:
1. Faster loading of screens, because now screens scripts are stored as bytecode.
2. The desire to secure the game from other people's interference to make it harder to create mods.
3. 1 and 2 reasons together.

Given the circumstances, I can't add a mod call button (as was in previous versions of the mod) to the main screen. So now the mod is ONLY opened with the "K" key. You can close the mod window via pressing the "K" key again, or via the button in the upper left corner of the mod window.

But there is a problem. The mod screen opens with a noticeable delay - about 5 seconds. Sometimes you need to press the "K" key twice... This is probably due to the new specifics of the game build. So far I don't know how to speed up the opening of the mod screen.

Btw, now when you remove depression with the button (red sad smiley face) you need to scroll through time for the value to apply. Just like with hunger and sleep.

If the author of the game will continue to change the specifics of the build, it may be impossible to create a mod for new versions.

Installing the mod hasn't changed - you need to add the "options.rpyc" file to the "game" folder. Note that previously you added the "data.rpyc" file, but now the mod is contained in the "options.rpyc" file. If you have the "data.rpyc" file in the "game" folder, delete it.
Im pressing k and no menu mod on fresh game start.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
same problem

Edit: K reacts very slow, and not in every location, but still no cheat-button
In my case it starts if I press K and any icon on the right side of the screen (smartphone, achievements etc.). Or after changing location. But it works, nevertheless.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
same problem

Friends, I wrote above that sometimes you need to press the button twice to open the menu. And that I couldn't add an open button (as before).
2024-03-09_130039.png

Now the files look like this:
Instead of a script with screen oscribing, there is only an empty blank. This is the screen I used to use to insert the mod. The screens scripts are stored in the screens.rpyb file.
When I downloaded the new version of the game, I decided that I would no longer be able to make an update for version 0.99 at all. I spent all day to make the mod available for version 0.99 and make it before midnight as promised. It's a good thing the mod is available at all, because at one point I wanted to give up and write that I would no longer support the mod.
So the delay and opening the mod on the second try is because of the game author's new approach to how he announces screens. Having to make compromises to make the mod work.

I don't know exactly how it works. And I don't have any desire or time to figure it out, because if the author wants to, he'll make it so in the next version that my new current approach won't work. So I'll have to re-learn how to make adding a mod to the game work in each version. So I don't even want to get into what's going on in version 0.99.

But at a cursory glance it looks like something like this: screen scripts are stored as bytecode. When a mod window is opened, Renpy reads the file with all screens (bytecode), decompiles the bytecode, then adds the mod screen. The contents are then compared: if they are different, the file is overwritten with the new version. This gives this delay when opening the mod window. Correct me if I'm wrong about this
I've had people write to me that people can't use the save editor in 0.99 and that the author has removed cheats from the game, so now there is no way to avoid grind after starting a new game.
Perhaps the author wants to make it impossible to create any mods.

If you know it better and can advise something - I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orphanus

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
Mod opens at a new start of the game. Specially recorded for you to make sure.
I think because the game cache has not yet been created on the first launch, it should take longer than usual. I pressed the "k" key 3 times quickly and the window opened. Then either press 1 time and wait for 5 seconds, or quickly press the key 2 times. Sometimes you need to hit the timing, so it may work the first time or the second time. I think that's how Renpy works and it doesn't always process the script perfectly in time.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Mod opens at a new start of the game. Specially recorded for you to make sure.
I think because the game cache has not yet been created on the first launch, it should take longer than usual. I pressed the "k" key 3 times quickly and the window opened. Then either press 1 time and wait for 5 seconds, or quickly press the key 2 times. Sometimes you need to hit the timing, so it may work the first time or the second time. I think that's how Renpy works and it doesn't always process the script perfectly in time.
For money (don't know about other variables) works URM. Yesterday I used it. After six hours of gameplay there wasn't any troubles.

Greslux

Apr 24, 2022
same problem

In my case it starts if I press K and any icon on the right side of the screen (smartphone, achievements etc.). Or after changing location. But it works, nevertheless.
For money (don't know about other variables) works URM. Yesterday I used it. After six hours of gameplay there wasn't any troubles.
Greslux
1. thanks for your time, building this mod ;)
2. i played again, 90 minutes, still "k" clicking 1 to 10 :) times does not allways open the cheatmenu, probably 7 out of 10 trys
Mod updated to version 0.7 for game version 0.99.
- Now the mod window opens without delay!
- Added one more key to open the mod - "c". I just now thought that the key "k" - it is very inconvenient, given that usually the left hand is in the area of WASD.
But I also left the opening of the mod window to the "k" key, for those who are already used to using "k".

The way to install the mod has not changed: move the file "options.rpyc" to the folder "game".

Reactions: Enot1964