• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Abandoned - Chimera: Bloodlines - Season 1 [v0.2] [FunDi]

1. 5.00 star(s)

RicksTheBricks

This game is excellent. Absolutely amazing on what the developer accomplished with this game and it's even more astonishing on how they feel they can soar to greater heights! Not that I am doubting their ability to go further with it but man. This game really has elevated the standard in my eyes. It's a shame how it's on hold and it sucks to imagine it may never be finished but still I highly recommend anyone who is reading this to try it nonetheless. The amount of thought in each character is enough to make a grow man cry. I may be disappointed in the halt of this one's progress, but I assure you FunDi is seemingly a very promising developer! One who's career I'll be watching with the upmost interest.
    (Kinda wrote this as to how an old British person would but still, I really recommend trying this out even if it's on hold. Check out their new work IScream, it may not be like this in genre, but I assure it'll be amazing even if it scrapes the level of this.) ((Plus, they rated it like a 8/10 whilst this was a 5/10 in their eyes, so you've got to give it a try if this was a 5/10!))
  2. 3.00 star(s)

MikesDK

I think the game does have potential but i did expect a bit more from it, your barely in the game and where you run into "The spicy stuff is in development" when you interact with your prisoner, which makes ya wonder if there is any kind of fun in the game yet, then you go to the bar and again handjob in development, so yeah game dosent really have much to offer one sex scene i belive which looked good except for the girl which wasent my taste.

First 2 girls MC has contact with i dident really like in any way, found them a bit ugly to say the truth, hoping it will get alot better when game comes along, the only one i liked was Mia and she became part of MCs brain so yeah not really much in the game yet.
    Like alot of games this one seems to focus on big tits which is a big turn-off for me personaly, still hoping there will be some with smaller tits at some point so there will be something for everyone.

Choices dosent seem to really do anything, outcome is the same other then diffrent text, maybe it will change at some point but for now its just meh... at one point you have alot of choices that feels importen but no matter what you pick you shoot the girl, it does make the story like feel all kinetic.

Animations seems petty good atleast and it has music.

Game does have potential to become a great 5 star game at some point, so i will check it out later once it has more content and then i will remake/edit my review to suit it.

But for now its average.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

harem.king

Game starts out with a recap where I am asked "what did [MCname] do to XYZ" as it introduces far far far too many NPCs and factions via some sort of info dump.
    There is uncomfortable amount of dead women.

WIP signs come up immediately at the start of the game. Which is a poor way to design it as you have to go replay the game when the scenes are finally added up.

For example I go to a bar, have a conversation, forge an agreement... then there are two options "get handjob (WIP come back later)" or "leave". so I have to choose leave. To get that scene again I would have to restart the game in a future version. And that scene was minutes into the game.

The models look mostly fine but they are often positioned in uncanny ways. The sex animations are pretty basic and some are bad quality.

Overall this needs a serious rework. Replace the starting info dump with a prologue where you play out scenes. And finish the current scenes that say WIP before you go ahead and introduce new scenes and zones full of WIP signs.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

So for an into this is pretty deep. Lots of into chapters.

PROS
    Renders are good
    Characters are good
    Story is interesting

CONS
    Choices are meh

Summary
    Quite an amount of content for an intro. I stopped at the beginning of 5 to write this.
    Writing needs minimal reviews. Along the lines of use of words of here and there being in the wrong place.
    Development of characters feels like it might be pretty good, but sadly the choices are mundane. Yes, I did roll back and see how each choice played out. Doesn't mean that I know how said choices will play out in the future of the VN though. I look at both angles. Short and long term impact. Right now only the short term is kind of seen. (my opinion only)

To FunDi,
    Go over the writing and polish it up.
    Don't do what other devs do. (promise loads of content, and then not deliver)
    Keep up the good work, don't burn yourself out and I hope the first chapter is in fact 3 times longer than this intro.
    I recommend this VN.