VN - Ren'Py - City of Broken Dreamers [v1.14.0 Ch. 14] [PhillyGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

RetroGuy

It's a great game, maybe the best adult visual novel I have seen so far.

It has a good, dark, cyberpunk story that would work even if we take all the sex out of it. Actually it could work as a story for a mainstream movie. It also has some paths so don't expect to see everything during one gameplay.

The graphics are all good and custom made, no universal assets that you see every second game. There is also a lot of high quality animations.

The girls are different, both visually and in personality. You will meet corporate bitches, wild rockers, rich party girls and idealistic, innocent ones. Should be enough for everyone's taste.

I recommend it to everybody.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

bebiho

Most renders are pretty, animations is solid but clunky?

another issue is female main characters faces look wierd.. Aside from that this game lacks humor and emotional connection (you dont care about the other characters who die) and story is kinda dull and boring. All you do basically is trying to choose right answer to gain love interest points for more lewd actions and you cant effect the story so far with any real choices, it will play out pretty much the same no matter what.

This game really is Cyberpunk 2077 but in VN form(just pretty renders). Game is not better than developers previous game and gameplay is pretty much same from start till now. I can understand the rating if this was 2018, but at end of 2022 nah
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Perished

Good cyberpunk lore. Good cyberpunk girls. Good cyberpunk renders. Good cyberpunk action. Predictable but attracting plot so far. I hope the quality persists in second book. I bought it on steam to support devs, i advise you to do the same.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ta123

I wrote this review at 1.12.1 Ch. 12 (Although I only play it to chapter 10) nevertheless this game is excellent.

Only handful games that can invoke some emotion like sadness or awe when playing… eh you know "F95zone" kind of games.

The Renders is really good on the eye, the sound is okay

Not to forget the animation is really made well and humongous content this far

The biggest thing I like from this game is the story and the action that really put well for me.

I recommend to play this if you like sci-fi and dystopian setting

Cya ghost
  5. 5.00 star(s)

StevenD90

This is one of those games that raises the bar for adult gaming. Excellent visuals and audio. A really captivating narrative. Extremely erotic. Characters who, excuse the pun, feel filled out. It comes highly recommended.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

hayrullahdelisi

When this game was first released (2019) it had a major impact.People were comparing it to Being a DIK which i could understand.Back in the day it had it all: Amazing renders,compelling story,interesting characters,charming sex scenes.However 3 years has passed,more games have entered to industry,old ones like being a dik improved themselves but this game stayed the same.And that’s the reason i am giving it a 4 star.The game is awesome,and yes story is progressing,but except different sex scenes you won’t see anything different for the entirity of game.It doesn’t add any new mechanics,It doesn’t try something different with animations,it doesn’t even show you any different characters.The game presents all of it’s tools at the beginning.And since choices are mostly meaningless for progression of the story,when you are playing this game eventually you will feel like watching 15th season of the tv series you once loved now is being published for cash grabbing.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Darkness2020

I really liked the settings of the game. Some renders are horrendous but overall it's okay.

What really put me off was no real choice.
    ex.(even if you chose not to peep doc changing it assumes you have done so in later on conversation).

Chandra is the reason i gave it 3 star ratings. all other girls don't appeal to me.

No choice on how to deal with Gloria, you are forced down a path. You can't decide what kind of ghost(soldier) you want to be. I came from sandstorm and desert stalker so of course lack of choice bothers me.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

YorickRise

Very nice medium weight game with excellent graphics, nice music and lovely girls. Very rare, substantial updates. Cyberpunk / post -semi apo world. Walkthrough mode heavily recommended. Really nice game that would be preferred to be finished to see full story.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Donkeyddd

Its cool cyberpunky story with mutants and shit

Problem? The doctor lady is ugly and i dont like her, but she is major part of the story. Then you have half android prostitute or something redhead big boobs lady. Not really interested. Then you have the cute blonde woman you are looking for. Problem is her relationship to you feels... strange. Its like "So you and me are supposed to have sex now". It feels weird, you barely know each other actually you dont know each other at all. Yet for some reason you are supposed to be like soulmates or something weird.

Then there is asian slut, she is pretty cool. But best girls? Chandra, and the girl with the horns. I would leave all these other hoes just to spend rest of my life with chandra and her friend. That blonde mutant can piss off i dont care at all in all honesty

Its not terrible, renders look great but the main women look kinda ugly especially the doctor woman. Depraved awakening women looked better in fact. But its an alright story and chandra makes up for the other women being trash
  10. 5.00 star(s)

korochan48

Story 10/10
    Characters 10/10
    Action 10/10 even it just a vn
    5 stars deserving for me what can I say. As the story goes along you tend to find more about the characters which you deeply attach to them. Even some characters you didn't like as the stories goes you kinda like them in their way. The setting was really good and unique for me as I always play that kind of vn not in a fantasy/sci-fi world. Overall it was really good. Hoping endings will be great when it is released. Good Luck making it more epic on later chapters that will come.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Zw0tsch

Only a year into AVN's, but CoBD captures me from beginning to end, outstanding work!
    Story, renders, dicision-trees all blend in seamlessly, something we tend to see only once in a blue moon here it seems,...
    Keep up the good work Philly!
  12. 4.00 star(s)

TitanMax

Writing: 8/10
    Imagery: 8.5/10
    Kinks: The story is compelling enough for me to ignore whether there's kinks or not
    Overall: 8/10 (would've given more if pregnancy is added)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Renders look amazing and the characters are all unique in their personalities. Would be better if the gameplay is much smoother since I like ctrl-ing some of the dialogues that I find too boring. But overall, a great game and it's amazing how much contents the game has despite only been around since 2019.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

mrsmiley113

Story is surprisingly so good. So good in fact I wouldn't be mad if there weren't any lewd scenes. With that being said, girls were hot, renders we're great. Animations were good but camera angles were a bit weird. Anyway, all hail queen Victoria.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Aratorn

As there have been hundreds of reviews done before mine, I'll try to keep it simple and concise for the newcomers:

15. 5.00 star(s)

hailstorm79

Absolute amazed. A great enveloping story that keeps you hanging on for what is next. Amazing graphics and animations, just "prime" :D... As expected after the "Depraved awakening" that was off the charts, this one doesn't leave wanting. Chears to PhillyGames.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Colorcast555

Been wanting to share an impression of the game for a long time, I guess the time has come. neutral_face
    It's probably the only game for me that I like and dislike at the same time. I like (pardon the tautology) the secondary characters, for example: Katie, Ellen and Victoria - nice models, their stories and dialogue aren't star-studded, but that's a taste thing.
    So what's not to like? My stumbling block is the main character in the game. His actions, decisions, phrases are something I don't believe in and it ruins the overall plot for me.

Playing games like this, novellas to be more precise, where there is a choice of action, the player willfully or unwillingly matches himself with the protagonist. Right?

Who are the Ghosts? Obviously, mercenaries. And not the usual ones, but the ones to be feared and the best. Who's the MC? A ghost who's capable of taking out five by himself. "Ghost Number One," as he was nicknamed in the beginning. Someone who knows his stuff, etc., etc. Not bad, don't you agree?
    Maybe it's because of my choices, or maybe it's just the way it is, but my MC image has, without elaboration, built up to be "apathetic and tough guy". And then comes the turning point for me, in terms of understanding mc's motivation and taking the girl. He planned and scouted everything out, then arrived on the scene, fought the big guy, where the game, kindly, provided a choice: kill or not? In my mind, I thought, 'What would the protagonist do? This legendary ghost? Given his (my yum ) past choices, of course - finish off the topper. But in the end what? After the girl "Ulta", our hero has revised his life and changed his worldview by 180 degrees. He helps out the bully and saves the girl. And it turns out this same "legend" Damn. Psychological trauma and guilt that caused him to voluntarily bury himself and cause a lot of problems. On his friends in particular. Am I supposed to believe that? For him such assignments are commonplace, but here he decided to rehabilitate himself for an old case where his wife killed a girl. And it's all downhill from there: MC. doesn't kill anyone, doesn't hurt anyone, etc. Became a saint.
    Again, I don't believe it, it's nonsense. Would believe if the hero of the game, for example, was in the past a cop and he had his own personal code, which he holds on not to lose his humanity, then there was no question, but he is a mercenary. Not some green one. The first of the first. Where's his equanimity?

I'm not asking for there to be carnage and bloodbaths in the novella, nothing like that, just - character story = motivation for actions, otherwise it all falls apart.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

JohnTestpilot

Top notch quality, extremely well done and a cyberpunk setting that is surprisingly immersive. The characters are hot and relatable, story, and action/sex scenes really pull you in and get you very invested.

Depraved Awakening's story is so iffy when I played it, but City of Broken Dreamers is undoubtably one of the highlights in the renpy adult visual novel genre.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

355fjkr1

Interesting world with an enjoyable story.
    Very pretty game with many beautiful women.
    Unlike other games where I would skip through dialogue to get to choices and scenes, I read everything and would even go back to choices to see other outcomes.
    The game has a great deal of content which took a long time to get through and felt well polished.

A great game.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Jamar123

As someone who absolutely hates VNs this one isn't too bad. A nice original setting that is unique yet easily understood; enough characters without getting overwhelming and enough tits to keep things interesting. Main thing missing is choices actually mattering as it seems to me you end up the same place no matter what.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

ItsDestroy

Models, animations, and the story are all excellent. Also, there is no annoying sandbox to waste your time, but the game still provides you with interactive choices which make the game interesting.

All the characters feel different from one another and are not copy pasted, aside from the bots of course.