Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py City of Broken Dreamers Walkthrough+Cheat mod[v1.15.0 Ch.15][scrappy]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Gert_Boomans

Apr 30, 2017
Updated for 1.02
  • Added a few scenes to the replay gallery
Hey scrappy,

I had this error pop up after installing the mod for version 1.02, the game won't start.
If not sure if it is related to the mod or just due to a corrupted download.
Mind if you took a look?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lokkr

Jan 8, 2020
Scrappy, hi

With new cheat version game crashes when I try to enter the scene gallery, any remedy?

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Hey scrappy,

I had this error pop up after installing the mod for version 1.02, the game won't start.
If not sure if it is related to the mod or just due to a corrupted download.
Mind if you took a look?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
No idea what's the problem here. Try downloading the 1.02 version again run it then install the mod, don't use unren.
Scrappy, hi

With new cheat version game crashes when I try to enter the scene gallery, any remedy?
What's the error message?

Reactions: Gert_Boomans

tristan118

Jun 29, 2018
help guys i am getting this when trying to see the scene gallerie:

While loading <'Image' u'gui/check.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/check.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
st, at)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
st, at)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1575, in render
cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1570, in sizeit
rend = render(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 264, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 455, in render
renders = [ render(i, renwidth, renheight, st, at) for i in children ]
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\patreon games\Broken dreamers\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\BrokenDreamers-0.7.0-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The City of Broken Dreamers 0.7.0
Fri Jul 24 20:35:28 2020

When you mean overwrite the files in the game folders, i cannot find the option to do so

Last edited:

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
help guys i am getting this when trying to see the scene gallerie:

While loading <'Image' u'gui/check.png'>:

When you mean overwrite the files in the game folders, i cannot find the option to do so
Download the 1.02 version of the game

Reactions: septacycell

tristan118

Jun 29, 2018
ok i am downloading the 1.02 version of the game but when you say overwrite in the instructions, i don't know how to do that. when i copy the files in the game folder from your mod to the base game folder, i don't have a prompt to overwrite. am i suppose to do the other way around and copy the base game files in your mod instead?

tristan118

Jun 29, 2018
yeah i installed the 1.02 version but when i copy you mod "game" folder to the base game "game" folder, nothing happens and i don't have an option to overwrite. The files just merge together without an option to replace files and stuff like that. help, i am so lost here xd.

Last edited:

tristan118

Jun 29, 2018
its ok i figured it out, i needed to put the unren.bat file in the base game "game" folder and execute the program and do option 1

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
I guess since there isn't a Compressed version of 1.02 yet the mod won't be of use, unless the 0.7 mod is still available?

Lithionus6135

Aug 18, 2019
Has anyone figured this out for 1.02? I have tried to just merge the files. But I do not get an option to over write. It just transfers the files. Same thing if I fuse unren in the main folder or the game folder. I get the same crash error. Trying to DL from nopy to see if a differ file helps atm.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Has anyone figured this out for 1.02? I have tried to just merge the files. But I do not get an option to over write. It just transfers the files. Same thing if I fuse unren in the main folder or the game folder. I get the same crash error. Trying to DL from nopy to see if a differ file helps atm.
Just drag and drop the "game" folder from the mod into you City of Broken Dreamers folder where the .exe is.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 264, in script
    python:
    python:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 313, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 525, in main
    run(restart)
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
    context.run()
    python:
    python:
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
    renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\game.py", line 332, in call_in_new_context
    return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 917, in run_context
    context.pop_all_dynamic()
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "D:\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\BrokenDreamers-1.0.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 372, in pop_dynamic
    del store[k]
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
The City of Broken Dreamers 1.0.2
Tue Aug 11 12:02:26 2020

Luxury Girl

Apr 13, 2020
Updated for 1.02
  • Added a few scenes to the replay gallery
I think you can add two more scenes :
The one with Katie in the shower (after Henry puke on her).
The Venus teaser / trailer (before calling Ellen in the coffe with Gloria and Henry).

This mod is awesome BTW great work.

Also, there is a "bug" if I can say. After the party at Shanlon homes I was with Victoria but let her leave I had 3 choices :

Wake up with Ellen
Wake up with Katie
Wake up with Victoria

I should be able to continue with :
Wake up alone

Best regards.

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
You could add the option to change the MC's name and the all sexnames. That would help a lot, for each player change the default name (Jake) for whatever he want.

Shipfan66

Mar 24, 2019
I'm not sure what version of the game you're playing dude, my MC's name has been "Malcolm" since I started playing with 0.5.0....

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
I'm not sure what version of the game you're playing dude, my MC's name has been "Malcolm" since I started playing with 0.5.0....
I am playing the current version 0.79(1.02). Dude, I mean change the name everytime you wish, beacuse if you try to run the mod to unlock galleries, the game will place the persistent as the default name "Jake". You got it now?

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Hey guys! Here is a MOD that a created on my own to the game City of Broken Dreamers. This MOD is just an extra music list that a called "MOD Jukebox". This MOD add a jukebox with a list of synthwaves musics like musict hemes of Cyberpunk 2077 and City of Broken Dreamers. This extra music list is for listening purpose only, because I asked no permission yet to Philly on performing modifications on the original scripts.

(Philly, please do not shred me for create this mod on your game!):oops::oops::LOL:
screenshot0001.png

Here is the link to download:

Size file: 153 mb
:LOL::LOL:

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes