VN - Ren'Py - City of Dreams [v0.3.2] [vncityofdreams]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Uberdai

Not much content to speak of currently, but what's there is fantastic.

The art is absolutely incredible and genuinely the best out of any game I've played of this nature.

With the groundwork the dev/s have laid so far, so long as there is a consistent development cycle that keeps up with the quality of the present game, City of Dream will most definitely be a big hitter in the genre.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Joe Steel

The game has been getting better with every update, and by v0.3.2 I can state that it is more than living up to expectations: great graphics, great writing (including some of the best dialogue work I've seen here), interesting characters, some mystery, and a lot of choice (though not with consequences yet). The only fly in the ointment is that the player doesn't get to make a lot of choices (at least early on) that one would expect, so as to develop the story (e.g. going with the neighbor for drinks, or going to the park at one point even without choice, apparently so as to meet that neighbor again). This is acceptable because it does fast-track the main story.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

likepresto

Amazing game although it's very short in its current form. Excited to see where this goes. Liking the apparent freedom and the potential this game is setting itself up for... now if it can only meet that potential time will tell
  4. 5.00 star(s)

dunrain

This looks like a project with a lot of potential.
    Ren'py games usually have a linear structure, will this game have a non-linear structure?
    I really like the concept of the MC's choices affecting other things.
    Hopefully this project doesn't run aground and goes all the way to the end.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

0Jg6@^$WYe

Only up to version .2 at the moment, but the art is great. Seems like a very standard corruption story -- lecherous landlord, cafe job, OF app, clothes to grind -- but the writing is very clean.

Best advice I'd give to the dev -- to keep themselves interested, as much as the readers -- is to do something surprising. E.g., there are already lot of stories about hopefuls doing auditions; what if in this story, she actually gets in right away, and the story is about the pressures of the entertainment industry? Or something really wild, like she gets involved with the mob or cops, who help her career so she has access to their targets.

Not to say that a standard story won't have its fans, especially with good art and clean writing. Maybe the biggest twist of all compared to other games would be to do fast updates and actually finish...
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Prayforme

Good graphics, hopefully there will be a great story, the product looks promising. This is the developer's first game, hope his game will be successful. I wouldn't want the main character to become a lecherous whore right away, we will wait for more updates.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

EPrometheus

The version I had access to was 0.1, it didn't have much content in terms of history, but it served to give a context of what's to come, at first I'm very interested, it all depends on the developer from now on, but it looks extremely promising.