Clear ignore threads list

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
May not be the correct spot...
Anyway....

I've reached the 1000 limit on ignored threads. I figure some may not be valid anymore so would
like to clear my list. Is there a way to clear all of them at once? I only see the option to delete them
one at a time.

Thanks muchly

Cheers
----------------updated-----------
======================
BTW just as a late update....

I did find a small free utility called gs auto clicker

You can tell it to click your mouse button a specific number of times, or forever, or whatever.

You can setup how often it clicks.
--------------------

SO...while looking at my Ignore list under my account settings, I launched the app.
So I set it for like every 2 seconds or something, and to click a couple hundred times.
Then moved my mouse over the delete entry button (or whatever it's called)

Then I went to lunch and when I came back, voila, a bunch of ignore entries were removed!

Anywho....just a lazy way since they don't allow you to do batch deletes....

Cheers
hth

Last edited:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
To those who dosn't knew about the limit and why it's there, here is Sam about the limit (won't help OP though):
The fully hide feature only works for the first 1000 ignored threads.

Hiding more than 1000 threads really goes beyond what the ignore feature is intended for, you shouldn't really be using it to ignore every single thread on the site except a small selection - the bookmark feature will be expanded so you'd be able to use that instead so it's inclusionary rather than exclusionary.

You'll still be able to use the current transparent mode if you really want to ignore thousands of games. It's not some arbitrary limit, it's there to prevent particularly intensive database queries. Perhaps in a future revision 1000+ ignore list support will be added, but as there is only ~20 active users who have ignore lists that large, it isn't worth development time adding support.
What Sam probably means by "what the ignore feature is intended for" is that F95zone operates like a normal forum in which nobody would ignore 1000 threads, compared to a game distribution site where it's fairly normal to ignore games.

Reactions: Forgotted

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
To those who dosn't knew about the limit and why it's there, here is Sam about the limit (won't help OP though):

What Sam probably means by "what the ignore feature is intended for" is that F95zone operates like a normal forum in which nobody would ignore 1000 threads, compared to a game distribution site where it's fairly normal to ignore games.
Just shut up and expand that limit Sam. :giggle::coffee:

• Haha

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'm a little confused here, can you guys just not physically ignore a thread? Is the mere sight of certain threads a problem?
Yes, it is. I like my shit tidy.
And there are other benefits too, like not having to try and remember whether you checked this or that thread before or not.
Ignore thread function is really convenient, it would suck tremendously not having access to it. :whistle::coffee:

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Yes, it is. I like my shit tidy.
And there are other benefits too, like not having to try and remember whether you checked this or that thread before or not.
Ignore thread function is really convenient, it would suck tremendously not having access to it. :whistle::coffee:
Still not understanding the problem. Ignoring a game thread just grays it out, it doesn't get rid of it.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I'm a little confused here, can you guys just not physically ignore a thread? Is the mere sight of certain threads a problem?
Thank you all for your responses.

So, yes I can physically ignore a thread, however, my main use of the Ignore feature is for the Latest Updates page.

I ignore a lot of games that I simply have no interest in playing. Not that there's anything wrong with them.

Games such as
Female protag
Kinetic
RPGM
Ones with flashing/blinking tiles that give me a headache or make me feel seizure....
and a few others

----------------------

These add up after awhile so I hit this 1000 limit. Now everything appears on the latest updates page
and I have to choose to Unignore the thread, then Ignore the tread, but that doesn't do any good anymore.

I could create a shortcut on my desktop that filters out certain tags but then I would have to close out my browser
and use the shortcut every time instead of the LATEST UPDATES button.

I could use the 'search' or filter button on the LU page but then have to do that each time I visit the page.

etc......
-------------------------

So anyway.... A moderator just told me that the 1000 limit is to reduce the impace on the database.

Soooooo
Cheers all. That's just where I'm at.

Have a good one!

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Still not understanding the problem. Ignoring a game thread just grays it out, it doesn't get rid of it.
There is a setting/choice under your preferences.
You can grey out the ignored ones
OR
You can have them not be shown at all.

I chose to hide them as I'm trying to make the LU page more user friendly for me.

Cheers

Reactions: F4C430

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Thank you all for your responses.

So, yes I can physically ignore a thread, however, my main use of the Ignore feature is for the Latest Updates page.

I ignore a lot of games that I simply have no interest in playing. Not that there's anything wrong with them.

Games such as
Female protag
Kinetic
RPGM
Ones with flashing/blinking tiles that give me a headache or make me feel seizure(y)....
and a few others

----------------------

These add up after awhile so I hit this 1000 limit. Now everything appears on the latest updates page
and I have to choose to Unignore the thread, then Ignore the tread, but that doesn't do any good anymore.

I could create a shortcut on my desktop that filters out certain tags but then I would have to close out my browser
and use the shortcut every time instead of the LATEST UPDATES button.

I could use the 'search' or filter button on the LU page but then have to do that each time I visit the page.

etc......
-------------------------

So anyway.... A moderator just told me that the 1000 limit is to reduce the impace on the database.

Soooooo
Cheers all. That's just where I'm at.

Have a good one!
OR you could just set your ignore list and bookmark it. Like so

• Angry
Reactions: F4C430

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
There is a setting/choice under your preferences.
You can grey out the ignored ones
OR
You can have them not be shown at all.

I chose to hide them as I'm trying to make the LU page more user friendly for me.

Cheers
Huh, didn't know that. I only have one game on my ignore list, so it never even occurred to me.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
OR you could just set your ignore list and bookmark it. Like so
Is that using the Bookmarks tab next to the LewdPatcher and Mark forums read?

I tried using that but to no avail so far. Prob because I'm an idiot... lol

If you mean to create my own bookmark for my browser or a shortcut:
I don't use bookmarks, but I could... and the shortcut, as I mentioned, is a hassle to use.
With those I wouldn't be able to use the LU button anymore
ALSO
Some of the suggested options I've come across will temporarily hide the things I don't want but
if I use the regular Latest Updates button, it's all chaotic again since they weren't 'hidden'

Not trying to be rude and I also might be stuffing up my explanations.... Sorry if that's the case....
'Still morning here.....'

Cheers

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Is that using the Bookmarks tab next to the LewdPatcher and Mark forums read?

If you mean to create my own bookmark for my browser or a shortcut:
I don't use bookmarks, but I could... and the shortcut, as I mentioned, is a hassle to use.
With those I wouldn't be able to use the LU button anymore
ALSO
Some of the suggested options I've come across will temporarily hide the things I don't want but
if I use the regular Latest Updates button, it's all chaotic again since they weren't 'hidden'

Not trying to be rude and I also might be stuffing up my explanations.... Sorry if that's the case....
'Still morning here.....'

Cheers
I mean creating your own bookmark in your browser. Doing so will take you to the latest updates page, just with the exclude list already applied. Using a bookmark will not stop you from seeing the most recently updated games, you just have make sure to use the bookmark instead of the LU button.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It's actually convenient too, see that tiny flag near messages?:
sdfsdfsdf.png
This is how you bookmark here, by clicking on that.
You can bookmark op messages in newly posted threads. :whistle::coffee:

And then if you do this:
344534534534.png
You can access your local bookmark list easily. :giggle::coffee:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
It's actually convenient too, see that tiny flag near messages?:
View attachment 3102867
This is how you bookmark here, by clicking on that.
You can bookmark op messages in newly posted threads. :whistle::coffee:

And then if you do this:
View attachment 3102891
You can access your local bookmark list easily. :giggle::coffee:

Ohhhhh.
See, told you I was an idiot... lol

Thanks so much.

I might try that going forward. Hopefully it will also work w the filtered Latest Updates page.
Will mess w that later.

Thanks again
You're the best

Cheers

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I mean creating your own bookmark in your browser. Doing so will take you to the latest updates page, just with the exclude list already applied. Using a bookmark will not stop you from seeing the most recently updated games, you just have make sure to use the bookmark instead of the LU button.

I'm going to go ahead and use a browser fav like you suggested.
Also will tinker w another option or two... But your idea seems to
be really good.

Thanks so very much
Cheers

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games