• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S>Artist 3D] [S>Writer] [CLOSED] Newbie in AVN world, looking to expand portfolio

Carnal Studio

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Skills:
- I can barely use Daz3d, not well but learning. I have also been a writer all my life, unrelated topics but I think it may carry on.

Preferred method of contact:
- Discord : Pixxxel#3997

Employment Type & Rates:
- Free of charge, or revenue share. I am only looking to gain some portfolio assets for now, and anything that helps me build a network while doing that would be a big help.

Availability:
- 7/24 to chat, about 3 hours a day to work.

Work Samples:
- will attach some files.

Additional comments:
- My aim is to gain friends in this community, while helping you either get a script for a scene in your game, or design some images you would like to see turn from your imagination into 3d.

• Angry
Reactions: acondo

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
I sent a friend request. I'm also in the process of learning Daz3D(seems you're a bit further along than me) but I'm more in need of a writer.

I started making a game using Honey Select 2 but I found it a bit too limited. So decided to switch Daz3D and start over.

Having someone to both write and help split the rendering workload would be a godsend.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
For now, I'd really recommend against jumping into a visual novel. Especially with another beginner.

It seems like you have a solid understanding of posing, expressions, and environments. Posing could use some work, but that'll come with time more than skill. Stuff like the hand posing or head+eye direction should be your focus as they're pretty rough here. Lighting tutorials are where you should put the bulk of your time right now, by the looks of it. It looks like you're fairly heavily dependent on included lighting and(/or) HDRIs. While there's nothing inherently wrong in doing that, especially in scenes with large windows or bay windows, it restricts your flexibility doing creative things with lighting and makes you entirely dependent on the included lighting in night scenes. I'd look into Ghost Lights (SY Invislights by SickleYield if you're on 4.20, find a copy of Iray Ghost Light Kit 3 if you're on anything below 4.20 as they aren't selling it anymore.) and three-point lighting techniques to start, then perhaps look into other lighting techniques after you feel comfortable with three-point. It doesn't have to be Daz-focused lighting tutorials (though it helps.), videography and photography lighting tutorials will also very much apply - at least in concept. Applying them in Daz may take a bit of experimenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: PxGames

Iacobus_666

Jul 16, 2021
There's also a lot that can be done in post to add depth, life and clarity to the renders as well as to fix issues with lighting, clipping, posing and expressions: mutfakseks_xx.jpg

PxGames

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2020
Yes, post works can still handle the lighting well but it's still limited to your render, if you have a good render the result will be different.

kitchen test.png

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
There's also a lot that can be done in post to add depth, life and clarity to the renders as well as to fix issues with lighting, clipping, posing and expressions:
View attachment 2072150
I think you're misunderstanding the idea behind postwork, though. Can it fix issues? Certainly. Can it change the temperature of a color? Certainly. It can fix clipping and laundry list of other things. But none of them are going to fix renders with foundational issues. Hand posing, eye direction, or even bad lighting are all there to stay (not saying this is the case with OPs work, as some denoising and expression work could add a lot to their renders). You can fix an inherently bad or flawed issue in a render. The idea with postwork is that it exists to accent the work already done in a render. You're enhancing colors, contrast, temps, etc. along with a bit of clarity and texture. Having well-made renders from the start will not only make postwork easier/less tedious, but will also make them look that much better. In that way, Photoshop is closer to a spell checker than it is a cure-all fixer. It can fix the spelling mistakes, but it ain't going to make you the next Tolkien.

Here's an untouched render from Daz:
bspn3.png

Here's a postwork'd version (probably went a little overboard on it, but you get the idea.) of the same render:

post.png

Iacobus_666

Jul 16, 2021
I think you're misunderstanding the idea behind postwork, though. Can it fix issues? Certainly. Can it change the temperature of a color? Certainly. It can fix clipping and laundry list of other things. But none of them are going to fix renders with foundational issues. Hand posing, eye direction, or even bad lighting are all there to stay (not saying this is the case with OPs work, as some denoising and expression work could add a lot to their renders). You can fix an inherently bad or flawed issue in a render. The idea with postwork is that it exists to accent the work already done in a render. You're enhancing colors, contrast, temps, etc. along with a bit of clarity and texture. Having well-made renders from the start will not only make postwork easier/less tedious, but will also make them look that much better. In that way, Photoshop is closer to a spell checker than it is a cure-all fixer. It can fix the spelling mistakes, but it ain't going to make you the next Tolkien.

Here's an untouched render from Daz:
View attachment 2072669

Here's a postwork'd version (probably went a little overboard on it, but you get the idea.) of the same render:

View attachment 2072672
I said "There's also a lot that can be done in post to add" precisely in complement to what you had already said, not in oposition to.

You're not fixing it in render, you're doing it all over again. If the render is bad, well, then the render is bad. Once you have a workable render then you can think of enhancing it further or fixing minor issues that can be done in post. That's half of my point there. The other half is regarding the fact that not everyone can or do render a full scene set with lots of fully clothed and HD textured models and heavy lightwork in 4k (that includes 90% of the games posted here). In this case, post editing comes a lot in handy, not only to improve some renders, but to learn a skill that can be applied in several other areas. The Op is rendering in 720p and there's a lot of noise in it, which made me assume he's struggling to get a good render is his PC. That's why I suggested post edit.

bspn3b.png

Reactions: MissFortune

Carnal Studio

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2020
Sorry everyone, I haven't been online for a while, got a new pc and all life went to hell. I am back again, and even though I am not an expert, I would like to gain experience while helping everyone as much as I can, easier to improve when there is a co-worker with me trying to point the mistakes, instead of being alone trying to do stuff. So please contact me via discord if you would like to.

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
Sorry everyone, I haven't been online for a while, got a new pc and all life went to hell. I am back again, and even though I am not an expert, I would like to gain experience while helping everyone as much as I can, easier to improve when there is a co-worker with me trying to point the mistakes, instead of being alone trying to do stuff. So please contact me via discord if you would like to.
I sent you some messages on discord.

at the very least since we're both newbs we can exchange progress