[R>Artist 3D] Share Closed

Nov 21, 2018
So, I'm trying to learn to 3d model myself and uh...

someone save me. tks.
You should learn to draw. Forget about free or unexpensive and reliable artists. It's too much work, and if you don't have the money, I think the quickest and must fruitful approach is to make the images yourself, but not in DAZ3D (which needs a good computer, money if you want to make the images the legal way, and too much patience to wait for the images to render), but in a digital drawing software. It can't be too hard, nobody is more invested in your own game than yourself.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
You should learn to draw. Forget about free or unexpensive and reliable artists. It's too much work, and if you don't have the money, I think the quickest and must fruitful approach is to make the images yourself, but not in DAZ3D (which needs a good computer, money if you want to make the images the legal way, and too much patience to wait for the images to render), but in a digital drawing software. It can't be too hard, nobody is more invested in your own game than yourself.

I'll just reply with a very simple... No.

Or less simply, definitely no. I can't draw. It's not a matter of learning, it's a matter of it is a skill I do not, and will never have. There are actual reasons for this which I won't get into, but it is not something I will ever be capable of, and I wouldn't waste time trying. On top of which, trying to "draw" 3d images is a skill unto itself on top of being capable of drawing anything to begin with, and I am not even remotely interested in 2d. So... no.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Updated main post. Main game is on hold while I wait and see if the artist I was working with ever decides to rejoin the original project. (new hardware pending ofc). I may revisit it at some point if I hear he's decided he won't come back to it, but until then I'll just hold out hope he does!

That said, I have a secondary story in the works which I'd like someone to join in on. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Well I'm still trying to learn daz, and its uh... well its going, I guess. I tried putting together an animation. Plus side I learned a bit about proper lighting. Downside, it looks godawful. Like, really bad.

Someone please save me from this. I'm trying. But I'm really not good at it :( And being forced to cpu render doesnt help.

Nov 21, 2018
Well I'm still trying to learn daz, and its uh... well its going, I guess. I tried putting together an animation. Plus side I learned a bit about proper lighting. Downside, it looks godawful. Like, really bad.

Someone please save me from this. I'm trying. But I'm really not good at it :( And being forced to cpu render doesnt help.
Told you, learn how to draw and try again in 2 years

• Haha
Reactions: MoonPillow