1.80 star(s) 96 Votes

Danail

May 7, 2017
I know that its beta but man i played last version and this one and the last one was a lot more stable , yes it did have some bugs but for 10h played i`ve done the main mission reached floor 60 in the dungeon and did overall the content and i found no more than 5 bugs - 2 of them major.THIS version i played for 10 min and found like 10 major bugs : From female prot i became male in the dungeon , the clock froze , my UI disappeared Camellia is white square , the Fix implemented for not regrowing burned/dmg`ed plants , well they did grow .. again and that`s for the first 5/10 min of the game.
(Yes it`s clear installation and new save game)

DERAX12345

May 14, 2017
@Gojii I couldn't have said it better my man. To be completely honest no matter how much this Dev tries to explain to their supporters that actually interesting mechanics (sex scenes) take too long to implement, it doesn't change the fact that you aren't even trying to add sex scenes anymore. If you want to make a game that is combat and aesthetics just go to steam already and get off patreon. Smh... NSFW my ass...
Remember the first version of the game with, by that time, no financial support and a "tiny development team" . Almost all animations were already finished by that time. Some things just don't add up.

BillyMayz

Apr 21, 2018
Does anyone else have the issue that when you go back to clovertown after the first dungeon island thing in the cave it just puts you in a talking screen with no text or way out of? Like I can see my character on the dock but I am stuch in a conversation box that has no text.

kenshuck

Jul 27, 2017
Does anyone else have the issue that when you go back to clovertown after the first dungeon island thing in the cave it just puts you in a talking screen with no text or way out of? Like I can see my character on the dock but I am stuch in a conversation box that has no text.
I'm having the same issue :unsure: :unsure:

boogietown

Jun 9, 2017
Also, @Chuyoh, you bring up 'years'. yes, it's been just over 3 years now since we began. Do you know how long the average game development period is? From preproduction on is? Most games have a year of preproduction before the game is even worked on and we didn't even have that, we had to jump right into it (a factor that has lead to us making changes, sometimes radical ones, as we went along). We've had to do it by the seat of our pants, and we're doing it at the rate we are trying to do our best with.
you say that as if the game you envisioned is on the same scale as a AAA release, the need for preproduction is very different when it comes to the average indie game.
If you as a group of developers never discussed your scope once in those 3 years, an action which brought you to make drastic changes over those 3 years as you said while ignoring request and suggestions from people here - you've just been shooting yourself in the foot with each drastic change.

In indie production the need to cut corners where you can is a must, especially if you try to meet a deadline.
you're living with the comfort that people on the internet are lenient (this is not an accusation, this is just a situation you get to enjoy) however any sort of excuses like that with any real benefactor would shut the project down as it's clear you can not commit to what you say.

if you could provide us with a list of hentai animations and games that you can think of that were done in the span of time you're talking about, then it'd make Diesel's job easier so she can explain exactly how our process differs.
animations are done very quickly in video games, as you might notice some games use 3 frames for an animation and use the classic animation rules to create an illusion of full movement, I'm sure that your animator knows much more about that than I do, but my main point is that cutting corners is a must.

I do apologize if it's sounds hostile or unclear in some way, it might be the language barrier as English is not my main language.

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
Dont know why..but this is the only unity game that sends my hard disk into overdrive when i open it .used to play it before whitout any problems till the last 2 or 3 updates .now i think it just wants to kill my pc lol.

Shadowsinthefridge

Aug 16, 2018
The game appears to freeze after you explore the mine, and when I accidentally went to floor 4 of the dungeon, the game duplicated the "Explore the mine on floor 3" mission

D

Deleted member 569593

Yep that's not a bug how can you anyone say the game's been updated when the same game breaking bug was present on the previous version.

It's not possible to return to town i repeat it's not a bug.

Reactions: silentangel

Judge Heath

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2019
you can use kamasutra sex positions reference and then pick one any of those and this game called Eroico was done in 2 years but game genre is a level platforming game, his first eroico release version was release in 2013 but later a revision game was release on steam version since last year 2018
Just looked at the Eroico game, it's all sprite sex stuff and thus vastly less complicated than ours are. Eroico's stuff doesn't let you pick stuff from the karma sutra, nor does it have full HD sex scenes, it has still CGs and animated sprite sex, and for 15 monster girls, rather than 9 monster girls, 9 monster guys, and 2 intersex options. All of which have 2 fully animated HDs and tons of sprite sex scenes with more than just the protagonist. It also has only 3 stages, all of which are relatively small and preset rather than having to jigger around with a randomization engine, and was made in an engine where all he had to do, from what I can tell, is swap out the art assets to be able to easily build the thing rather than having to scratch build every element of it (as opposed to only scratch building the custom elements), yet, he gets a pass for doing it in 2 years? The way you guys go on about us I'm surprised. After all, it's only a half hour of content that took 2 years to make and had no intentions of building a base from which to build significantly more content.

Tbc, I love this thing, it's a cute game, well made and polished. As a solo project, Kyrieru absolutely fucking knocked it out of the park and I'd pay good money to have them work on any team I manage, but it's jjust not the same amount of work as Cloud Meadow is either in art nor in programming. Super high quality, still easier to make.

Anyway, this is Dieselbrain's response on the animation work time
Dieselbrain said:
-our animations are in a style (HD pixel) which is uncommon to have experience in compared to normal animation. Therefore, all our animators, both previous and current, have had to learn on the job, regardless of their skill coming in

-team nimbus had to change and bring on new animators multiple times during development. First fuzz, then me, then we had seth til they left, and then we has Rose Valentine until she has to bow out for personal reasons, and then finally, Carbo and Lucid who are still with me. This means that over half of CM's development life was spent with only 1, 1, animator on the job, period, and until this past year, even bringing on help was chaotic at best.

-additionally, all of our animations (combat, overworld, HDs etc) are hand animated, frame by frame. every frame has to be drawn or at LEAST edited using existing assets by hand, which is a very slow process, and labor put into one character does not translate to literally any other animations.

-our HDs are also animated with a level of detail that, like i mentioned before, is more akin to illustrations than animation. there are way more details, both in terms of objects and in term of purple's rendering style, than you would see even professional films deal with

-there are programs that are good for animation, and there are programs that are good for pixels, but there isnt one (to OUR knowledge) that is amazing at both. Aseprite gets the job done but it is very archaic in some ways (i can't even rotate the canvas freely!) and while we've gotten good with it, the program does hold us back to a degree

-if we were to compare our game to another notable 2D game like say, lab zero's indivisible, we dont have a handful of internal animators along with a small army of animation contractors we can outsource the busywork to (thats how LZ gets it done btw! i was one of the busywork animators!). its just us 3, (and sometimes, as mentioned before, it was just me!). and im still the only FULL TIME animator. I work (over) double the hours the other two work.

-And lastly, there are also other jobs that need doing on the project. combat, overworld animations, walk cycles, jumping animations, farming animations, tiny little animations that youll never notice but need to be there so you FEEL them. 80% of the game's dev time has been spent on HDs until the past half a year, mostly due to necessity. HDs have slowed down, but thats because the work on all the other animations thats because the work on all the other animations NEEDS doing in order to make a complete game
So there you have it. The breakdown from our official animator on why it takes so long to make HDs.

Remember the first version of the game with, by that time, no financial support and a "tiny development team" . Almost all animations were already finished by that time. Some things just don't add up.
Almost all the animations were finished? We had two. Eve x Female Cat and Eve x Female Holstaur. Two. 2. II. Seriously, where do you guys get this shit? If you don't believe me you're welcome to just go to our earliest posts under the game builds tag on our patreon and dig up the very first public build. I promise you won't find more than 2 HD animations.

Last edited:

Redanon

Jan 7, 2018
Just looked at the Eroico game, it's all sprite sex stuff and thus vastly less complicated than ours are. Eroico's stuff doesn't let you pick stuff from the karma sutra, nor does it have full HD sex scenes, it has still CGs and animated sprite sex, and for 15 monster girls, rather than 9 monster girls, 9 monster guys, and 2 intersex options. All of which have 2 fully animated HDs and tons of sprite sex scenes with more than just the protagonist. It also has only 3 stages, all of which are relatively small and preset rather than having to jigger around with a randomization engine, and was made in an engine where all he had to do, from what I can tell, is swap out the art assets to be able to easily build the thing rather than having to scratch build every element of it (as opposed to only scratch building the custom elements), yet, he gets a pass for doing it in 2 years? The way you guys go on about us I'm surprised. After all, it's only a half hour of content that took 2 years to make and had no intentions of building a base from which to build significantly more content.

Tbc, I love this thing, it's a cute game, well made and polished. As a solo project, Kyrieru absolutely fucking knocked it out of the park and I'd pay good money to have them work on any team I manage, but it's jjust not the same amount of work as Cloud Meadow is either in art nor in programming. Super high quality, still easier to make.

Anyway, this is Dieselbrain's response on the animation work time

So there you have it. The breakdown from our official animator on why it takes so long to make HDs.

Almost all the animations were finished? We had two. Eve x Female Cat and Eve x Female Holstaur. Two. 2. II. Seriously, where do you guys get this shit? If you don't believe me you're welcome to just go to our earliest posts under the game builds tag on our patreon and dig up the very first public build. I promise you won't find more than 2 HD animations.

Hold on heath I specifically mentioned to you to save time on animations by cutting non necessary npcs for example enemies, you made multiple unique to every faction WHY you could just clone them and re color them to fit the factions accordingly then when you have time at the end of development you can try to make unique ones, same goes for the clovertown npcs.

Also why do you need walk cycles for your team? You can just absorb them into your body and spawn them in battle (like indivisible). You guys keep putting the cart before the horse, you need to set up a plan with an achievable goal because you delaying the game because your team cant make deadlines shows serious mismanagement on either your part or S purples part.

1.80 star(s) 96 Votes