VN - Ren'Py - Cocky Me [Ep.1] [SIGHBUG]

1. 5.00 star(s)

The Analist

First, a warning to those who only play those games to fap. I don't think this is the objective of this game, so stay clear of it. But if you're looking for something original and good laughs, this is the game for you.

Before I delve into the story, lemme just say that for the originality and the effort, it's hats off to the dev. He's clearly putting his heart into it and not just looking for a quick cash grab.

The characters may not be aesthetically pleasing – from the sexual point of view – but it's really nice to see something different from those usually cute but bland, unoriginal, and out-of-the-box Daz characters we often see around here (nothing against Daz and I don't expect devs to sculpt their characters from the ground up, but they could at least customize their characters just a little bit, so you're not left with the impression that you've seen those characters in another game if not many of them); and since I don't this game was made for fapping purposes, the character's looks is not something important. In fact, the fact they're actually real and not virtual sculptures is one of the things that makes it stand out.

About the story, it's really in the beginning, but since it seems to be obviously a parody of Kafka's "Die Verwandlung" ("The Metamorphosis"), it's another point the developer scores – a very clever move he did which will leave many devs (at least, the more cultured ones) thinking: "why didn't I think about doing this before?"

That being said, I hope this game will be a short one (like the original story) because I don't think this is the kinda story that can be extended for years of development – the joke may get old. I hope the dev will be concise in delivering his message and, then, move on to other projects because he's really talented and have creativity on his side.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

AstralJam

I'm not really into... clay stuff, but there was clearly a lot of effort put into this. It really is a fucked up story and the reactions seemed pretty spot on to be honest, the humor in this episode was also pretty good. It's entertaining, that's for sure.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

osanaiko

Review of Episode 1a

I've been following the development thread for this game and am very happy to see that it was just as wild as promised now that we can play it for ourselves.

I found that it was even more surreal than I was expecting. And I loved it.

- the use of actual photography gives it a sense of realistic place that's unachievable with digital means
    - the figures are of course "unnatural", but that doesn't matter at all. the posing and shooting angles are remarkably good at bringing the characters to life.
    - the story is truly weird but so far internally consistent.

It's so good to get some "actual fucking original content" around here.

Good luck to the dev.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Fragmandk

Really different and claymation cant wait to see what progress he makes and how he evolve making those clay figures.
    Can be a little creepy at times but lets see where it leads him.
    At least its not some talent less AI bros that is making it but some dude that wants to make something different and creative