VN - Ren'Py - Coin of Fate [v0.0.1 beta] [BezdarGames]

1. 1.00 star(s)

AntoniH13

The choices also seem to lack significance, as the main character talks about things that never happened. For instance, the option to bother the drunk girl or leave her alone. If you choose to leave her alone, the main character still talks about how they harassed her even though you didn't.

The translation is poor. Some dialogues make no sense, and other lines aren't translated at all (you can just look at the last preview image to see how bad the dialogue is).

Otherwise, it's harsh criticism. In addition to the above, it's a copy of someone else's work, which just isn't cool. Drawing inspiration is fine, but the developer copied scenes and lines scene by scene and line by line.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

DedKizyaka

Not a bad game, pity it's very short, of course it still needs all the tweaks and character reveals. Let's see how quickly the author will post the second part. Hopefully there will be progress in his work otherwise the game is stillborn
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Luke Cage

First, I rarely post/comment on this page but I just had to for this game. As I was expecting for a new game made on HS2 to bring an interesting story, this brings non-of that I'm afraid. I managed to get through the whole game to at least give a fair review for the developer.

- Story/Plot 1.5 out of 5
    - MC/Motivation 1 out of 5
    - Visuals 3 out of 5
    - UI/UX 2 out of 5
    - Choices/Options 1 out 5

*Gallery and some UI problems with stats screen getting in the way of in-game menus.

1. The buildup of plot of the game is pretty nonexistent. Right away within the first 10 seconds into the game, the main character was already thinking of banging the first LI. The next few instances of the game feel rushed. And rushed is an understatement.

2. The MC is a pretty boring as of the beta. This is a pretty early release, but as of right now he is BORING. Not every MC has to follow the interesting/traumatic backstory but AT LEAST give him some reason to make him relatable even a tiny bit. He could be mistaken for a filler character at this point.

3. Visuals are your standard HS2 model, where the lighting in some scenes is at least up to standard, then it gets too bright in some scenes. There is nothing overly flashy about the UI. The choice boxes are different from the standard Ren'Py dialogue boxes and choice boxes but nothing that stands out.

4. The UI offers an interesting approach to give context to the characters in the beginning using image buttons which allow the player to select on a character they want to view. Organization of descriptions and characters need to be improved as the background is pretty distracting.

5. Choices? I almost forgot to comment on this aspect because you could say these don't even matter. I put a question mark because choices are supposed to be impactful to at least some extent. Change character reactions, responses towards the MC. Right now, it is just present to be called a VN. In the game state as it is right now it is BLAND. I don't want to spoil the game for others, but it is like choice 1 "go here" or choice 2 "go here instead."

Hate to say it that this game is below passable and nothing worth looking forward to. The writing is below sub-standard at best and needs to be improved in order to be playable for other players. Still wishing luck on future updates.