Collection of short stories with same mc or different?

Is using the same male model in different stories ok?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Mr Editor

Jul 4, 2021
For game I work on will use several unconnected short stories. I am thinking about using same male model for each of the stories to make it easier for player to identify mc. But these are unconnected in the sense that in more than one story it would be mc's first time having sex.

Would using the same male model for each story break immersion you have in game, or you think it ok for consistency?

I not planning to use same female models, but some may look similar.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I think it's perfectly ok, though I don't think you should constantly reuse the virgin storyline because that would just get boring. I like the idea though of short stories with a consistent MC and watching the adventures they get into. I think you could eventually expand that out to a female character, but for now I don't think it's wrong to reuse the same male character as long as each story is fun.

Reactions: Mr Editor

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
You could always just ignore said MC and do it from a first-person POV. All it would take then making a few headless characters with different skin colors/weights/etc. Easy enough to do provided you have a decent system and gives you more time to focus on the female characters/models and environments/scenes. As a bonus, models of various skin colors would allow different stories with other/unique themes (BBC worship, etc.) that a run-of-the-mill virgin MC couldn't, and thus more diversity.

Mr Editor

Jul 4, 2021
Thank you for responses. The suggestion of multiple virgin story lines was to highlight it wasn’t many unconnected stories of same mc.
I still writing stories to come up with ideas. Depends how coding renpy goes will determine how I present these to player. Other developer said might help with that part. But story and rendering is just me.

Female mc is planned and possible option for some story from other pov when you play again.
I also want to give options of KN if you just want to see story.

If I mix mc - you play two story with two different mc, then third story is first mc model again but not same mc character - would this be more confusing?

I don’t like games with faceless mc and not normally play them, but thank you for that suggestion.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
If you stick with on mc for all your stories then I think that’s fine.

However, once you start changing the mc people will assume a continuation of the mc character when you reuse the model.

If I mix mc - you play two story with two different mc, then third story is first mc model again but not same mc character - would this be more confusing?
In this case I would say to change the mc each time. It avoids player confusion and opens up the possibility of continuing a story at a later date.