Fan Art College Life: Fan-Art

Atherin

May 25, 2017
Good job! Hope to see more!
Just a heads up, if you intend to do close ups, Force hair defaults to shiney as hell. Have to turn down reflectivity on the hair mat to like 0.1 or it starts throwing off little lens flares. :cry:

If you get stumped on Joan or another character, MikeMasters will probably be willing to help if he still checks the forums. He shared a good number of his working .dufs awhile back but we didn't discuss posting them openly.

Atherin

May 25, 2017
I do not see any specs of MC. Details and duf file would be good.
Oh that's a good question. I actually never bothered looking for it, and the .dufs MikeMasters shared were only of the girls. It looked like something ancient to me, like or something.

Xpressive

Nov 30, 2019
Oh that's a good question. I actually never bothered looking for it, and the .dufs MikeMasters shared were only of the girls. It looked like something ancient to me, like or something.
MikeMasters could you please share the details for MC. A duf would be a great help too.

Atherin

May 25, 2017
So I've been playing Battletech and just for funnzies I went ahead and put in some custom Merc Pilots.

I'm not going to mislead anyone on how to properly mod the battle tech code to make custom pilots. I suck at is so far and this isn't really the forum for that anyways. But, can switch these imgs with existing "Backer" pilots by swapping them in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\sprites\Portraits

As always make sure you make a copy of the original files, just in case.

If you feel adventurous, the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BATTLETECH\BattleTech_Data\StreamingAssets\data\pilot
folder has the .json files for each pilot. After swapping out the img, can identify the matching .json and customize the name\voice\etc... just be carefull. Double Quotes and Commas are important in json, don't remove any!

Edit: Started a thread for this and uploaded the img's and json files to switch these out:
BattleTech F95 Custom Pilots

Last edited:
Reactions: CulayTL

Dirk_Diggler

Aug 10, 2017
Atherin
I know this is an old post but any chance you'd be willing to share your Kim .duf file. I can't seem to get her to look like that. Same with Jess.

Atherin

May 25, 2017
Atherin
I know this is an old post but any chance you'd be willing to share your Kim .duf file. I can't seem to get her to look like that. Same with Jess.
Necro I would normally be happy too, she's tricky, but unfortunaly the .duf I have I got directly from MikeMasters . I'm not comfortable sharing that out to the comunity second hand. I would contact him directly, I know he still works on College Life here and there.

Dirk_Diggler

Aug 10, 2017
I totally understand and its appreciated. I would feel the same way if a game dev shared with me. Maybe he'll poke in and share with me. I read he had a problem with black spots in a couple of his scene's. There is a much easier fix than moving everything closer to 0,0,0.

Atherin

May 25, 2017
(Joan) Oh wow! I'm so glad we decided to help Jane with her new job!
(Kara) I know right? This is soooooo easy!!!

CLFA_Lime001.png

(Jane) Yes sir...

CLFA_Lime002.png

(Kara) GASP!
(Joan) What is she doing?!

CLFA_Lime003.png

Last edited: