Ren'Py - Commanding a Harem [v1.0.9.1] [Thomoto]

1. 1.00 star(s)

MikesDK

This is just bad, even if i could get into the story and it might become fun which wont be easy with all the spelling issues all the time and then theres just waaaaay to much waste of time, sending slayers on missions and you have to freaking sit and watch the screen for a counter do get to 0 from 120 seconds? what the fuck? couldent even close down that window to go on and do something else..bug or not who knows...

Then theres the questlog that dosent show if a quest is complete and dosent remove them either which is annoying, so not even sure if there where done or not all text was grey and couldent progress with them so fuck if i know.

And when doing quests its constantly tells you "wait 3 days or wait 7 days" so then you have to go to you apprentment and wait x number of days... its pointless and just boring as fuck....

And lets not forget about bugs....plenty of those as well...

Sure girls are kind cute even though its mostly aimed at big tit fetish and it also seems to me that it will be a mindless fuckfest where you just do quests and will be forced to fuck them but cant say for sure since i just dont want to waste more time on this one.

Music is meh as well just a background tune.

Could it become good i dunno maybe? but would need a shitload of work.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

SeanBot

Honestly this game only has the potential to be decent.

If I said the writing is uninspired, it would be generous. The grammar and spelling are wrong about every fifth sentence. Nothing major, and the meaning behind the sentence is clear in spite of that, so it isn't too damning, but it is definitely distracting. Beside that, things are just introduced and explained left and right without real build up. If I had to describe the pacing, it feels like the dev was reading manga and every time he read something and went, "Oh that's cool," he threw it in there. This in spite of not understanding why it's cool.

There. Are. So. Many. Bugs. And they're all stupid bugs. A capital "A" instead of a lowercase one here, or a forgotten equals sign there. Really easy bugs to fix, but the text is encrypted so unless you feel like diving deep to fix this shit every 20 minutes or so, look elsewhere.

The girls are cute. I think. I only met 2 slayers in 3 hours, but that has more to do with me trying to bug fix than the pacing of the game. Maybe someday this game could be something, but what I played was NOT a 1.0.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Tayr89

Review as of version 0.13

I like the premise of the game and the content released so far shows real promise.

Unfortunately I've had to dock a couple of stars for a couple of reasons;
    - The English used doesn't make sense at times and a proof reader could be useful to iron out this issue.
    - I'm not sure if it just hasn't been implemented in this version but the quest log says to go to the Slayers dorm to meet Seika at level 2 however Seika isn't there at any time of day. This makes it impossible to promote her to level 3 and move to the base.

I also found another issue relating to Seika, the side quest to acquire her isn't obvious enough. My first play through I completely missed her until I was supposed to move to the base and needed both Slayers at level 3. I then found the quest and proceeding through until I had to wait for the next day however when the representative is in your office, you can no longer sleep.
    At that point the game cannot be progressed.

As above, there are a few kinks to work out but I think it could be a great game.

Good luck with making the game as good as it can be!