complete noob needs tips

Aug 15, 2019
Alert! Newbie at work...
I'm a complete virgin when it comes to games in general. Don't poses the PC-knowledge and -lingo, either. Don't quite know where to ask the following question

im creating some 3d models... in DAZ studio
but i need to make houses car's maps etc... to
how do i make that and where?
and how do i put my 3dmodel in cars/ houses

not sure if daz is the best option for this

any help would be great.. since im stuck now

im using Renpy

Kind regards

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
You could of course try to create a whole town/city in Daz and render it as a map. It'll be painfully slow, but hopefully you'd only ever have to do it once (don't do it).

A better solution might be to create some sort of overview map using a 2D drawing package like Photoshop or GIMP. Create a stylized map to use as a navigation map. You could create a custom map design for that or use something like an aerial picture of a real town/city. Consider why subways use maps that are factually inaccurate - they look pretty and things are "mostly" in the right places... but they don't show you that station-A and station-B are so close together that it'd be quicker to walk between them. What matters is that they are quick and easy to understand... same problem here.

As far as RenPy goes... you probably want to be looking at imagebutton:.

You might want to look at some of these threads, since they all use similar solutions to what you're going to need:

https://f95zone.to/threads/good-tool-for-map-creating.21633
https://f95zone.to/threads/city-map-renpy-crazy.18422/
https://f95zone.to/threads/finding-...w-to-create-a-point-click-game-on-renpy.25325
... to name but a few...

Aug 15, 2019
You could of course try to create a whole town/city in Daz and render it as a map. It'll be painfully slow, but hopefully you'd only ever have to do it once (don't do it).

A better solution might be to create some sort of overview map using a 2D drawing package like Photoshop or GIMP. Create a stylized map to use as a navigation map. You could create a custom map design for that or use something like an aerial picture of a real town/city. Consider why subways use maps that are factually inaccurate - they look pretty and things are "mostly" in the right places... but they don't show you that station-A and station-B are so close together that it'd be quicker to walk between them. What matters is that they are quick and easy to understand... same problem here.

As far as RenPy goes... you probably want to be looking at imagebutton:.

You might want to look at some of these threads, since they all use similar solutions to what you're going to need:

https://f95zone.to/threads/good-tool-for-map-creating.21633
https://f95zone.to/threads/city-map-renpy-crazy.18422/
https://f95zone.to/threads/finding-...w-to-create-a-point-click-game-on-renpy.25325
... to name but a few...
thx man appreciate the afford to help!

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
A few hours sleep and I'm beginning to wonder if I misunderstood the question.

[...] but i need to make houses car's maps etc... to
I read that as needing to make some sort of navigation map using a "open world" style games. The ones where the story doesn't automatically take you to the coffee shop or the school and instead you as a player pick from a list of places to go next using a "map".

If that's the case... then I think I already answered as best I know how. Create picture somehow and then use Photoshop/GIMP to create a second layer for things glow effects around certain buildings or a color overlay to show the player when they are hovering the mouse over a selectable building/location. Using imagebuttons: to create a link between the player clicking on one of your hotspots and what action the game should do when it happens.

If however, I'm reading too much into it... perhaps you just want to know about how to create a full render where a character is stood outside on their yard with a car in the road and another parked on the driveway and a couple of other houses shown in the background... then that's a whole other question and one I don't have the answer to. But if I've misunderstood what you are trying to do... say something... so that someone who a lot more familiar with Daz than I am, can wade in to offer suggestions.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019
A few hours sleep and I'm beginning to wonder if I misunderstood the question.

I read that as needing to make some sort of navigation map using a "open world" style games. The ones where the story doesn't automatically take you to the coffee shop or the school and instead you as a player pick from a list of places to go next using a "map".

If that's the case... then I think I already answered as best I know how. Create picture somehow and then use Photoshop/GIMP to create a second layer for things glow effects around certain buildings or a color overlay to show the player when they are hovering the mouse over a selectable building/location. Using imagebuttons: to create a link between the player clicking on one of your hotspots and what action the game should do when it happens.

If however, I'm reading too much into it... perhaps you just want to know about how to create a full render where a character is stood outside on their yard with a car in the road and another parked on the driveway and a couple of other houses shown in the background... then that's a whole other question and one I don't have the answer to. But if I've misunderstood what you are trying to do... say something... so that someone who a lot more familiar with Daz than I am, can wade in to offer suggestions.
yeah i mean... to make basic stuff.. like a house or car... so i can place my 3d model in there

i hope some dev's can help me with that

thx anyway

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
yeah i mean... to make basic stuff.. like a house or car... so i can place my 3d model in there

i hope some dev's can help me with that

thx anyway
Hey rffff - actual asset creation is incredibly hard... you'll need to get into all sorts of stuff like blender/hexagon to make the models and photoshop to make the textures. It will take you years to make a neighbourhood :LOL:

Just get some assets - e.g. . That will appear in the environments tab (you should already have a bunch of the freebies Daz provides). Remember that rendering images with backgrounds requires a decent graphics card (recommended 1060 minimum, Iray compatible is best for Daz).

PS: There's a massive list of pirated assets on this site under the Assets Releases thread - play round with some, but it's best to buy if you're actually using it in game!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Er... I wonder that your "im using Renpy" mislead many people, since what you ask for isn't at all related to Ren'py.

If I understand you correctly, the answer to your questions are :

im creating some 3d models... in DAZ studio
No, you aren't creating some 3D models in DAZ studio, mostly because it's not a software made for model creation. What you are doing is creating 3D scenes ; it's something totally different.

but i need to make houses car's maps etc... to
You don't make them, you "get them, then use them".

1. You do to and/or any other store/site proposing legal, or not, content for Daz3D.
  2. You select the house/car/whatever you want to use, buy it (if needed), use the DIM to download and install it (if bought from the Daz store), or download it and install it manually else.
  3. You open Daz Studio, then search the house/car/whatever you just installed, either in the "Smart Content" tab (if installed by using the DIM) or the "Content Library" tab (on the left panel).
  4. You double click on it then boom, the house/car/whatever is now part of your scene.

and how do i put my 3dmodel in cars/ houses
  1. You load the house/car/whatever in your scene, as said above.
  2. You search the "figure" you want to use, still either in the "Smart Content" tab or the "Content Library" one.
  3. You double click on it to load it in the scene.

Starting now, there's two possibilities, depending of what you effectively want to achieve :

Either you do this :
  • You select the "figure", by example from the "scene" tab (on the right top panel).
  • You move it to the place you want it from "General" section of the "parameters" tab (on the right bottom panel).
  • You pose it the way you want, from the "Pose controls" section of the "parameters" tab (on the right bottom panel).
  • You select the different bones, by example still from the "scene" tab (on the right top panel), and you tweak them the from the "General" section of the "parameters" tab (on the right bottom panel) to smooth the pose.

Or you do that :
  • You select the "figure", by example from the "scene" tab (on the right top panel).
  • You search in the "Smart Content" tab or the "Content Library" the pose you want to apply, and you double click on it.
  • Depending of the pose, you can, or not, need to then move the "figure" (see above)

not sure if daz is the best option for this
I don't want to be harsh or feel rude, but Daz Studio is the easiest software for this kind of things. Since you struggle with its basics features, I'm sure that any other software is not the best option for you. At least actually, this can change when you'll finally learn how to use Daz Studio.

Reactions: 79flavors
Aug 15, 2019
Hey rffff - actual asset creation is incredibly hard... you'll need to get into all sorts of stuff like blender/hexagon to make the models and photoshop to make the textures. It will take you years to make a neighbourhood :LOL:

Just get some assets - e.g. . That will appear in the environments tab (you should already have a bunch of the freebies Daz provides). Remember that rendering images with backgrounds requires a decent graphics card (recommended 1060 minimum, Iray compatible is best for Daz).

PS: There's a massive list of pirated assets on this site under the Assets Releases thread - play round with some, but it's best to buy if you're actually using it in game!
thank you men.. that really helps!

Reactions: RanliLabz
Aug 15, 2019
Er... I wonder that your "im using Renpy" mislead many people, since what you ask for isn't at all related to Ren'py.

If I understand you correctly, the answer to your questions are :

No, you aren't creating some 3D models in DAZ studio, mostly because it's not a software made for model creation. What you are doing is creating 3D scenes ; it's something totally different.

You don't make them, you "get them, then use them".

1. You do to and/or any other store/site proposing legal, or not, content for Daz3D.
  2. You select the house/car/whatever you want to use, buy it (if needed), use the DIM to download and install it (if bought from the Daz store), or download it and install it manually else.
  3. You open Daz Studio, then search the house/car/whatever you just installed, either in the "Smart Content" tab (if installed by using the DIM) or the "Content Library" tab (on the left panel).
  4. You double click on it then boom, the house/car/whatever is now part of your scene.

1. You load the house/car/whatever in your scene, as said above.
  2. You search the "figure" you want to use, still either in the "Smart Content" tab or the "Content Library" one.
  3. You double click on it to load it in the scene.

Starting now, there's two possibilities, depending of what you effectively want to achieve :

Either you do this :
  • You move it to the place you want it from "General" section of the "parameters" tab (on the right bottom panel).
  • You pose it the way you want, from the "Pose controls" section of the "parameters" tab (on the right bottom panel).
  • You select the different bones, by example still from the "scene" tab (on the right top panel), and you tweak them the from the "General" section of the "parameters" tab (on the right bottom panel) to smooth the pose.

Or you do that :
  • You search in the "Smart Content" tab or the "Content Library" the pose you want to apply, and you double click on it.
  • Depending of the pose, you can, or not, need to then move the "figure" (see above)

I don't want to be harsh or feel rude, but Daz Studio is the easiest software for this kind of things. Since you struggle with its basics features, I'm sure that any other software is not the best option for you. At least actually, this can change when you'll finally learn how to use Daz Studio.
damn thats alot of help thanks men appriciete the time and effort for this post.. helps alot!

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Go download blender. Everyone seems to have misunderstood your question. Daz is NOT good at creating 3d models. It's VERY good at posing and rendering humans et al