Content not allowed on Patreon

Zamel_

Silent Member
Donor
Jul 7, 2017
Hello, I am thinking of starting a new project that will revolve around peculiar fetishes and I just wonder what is not allowed on Patreon. Are things like bestiality or incest allowed ?

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Hello, I am thinking of starting a new project that will revolve around peculiar fetishes and I just wonder what is not allowed on Patreon. Are things like bestiality or incest allowed ?
No, both things are banned on Patreon. Maybe you should try Subscribestar, pretty much eveything is ok there.

HalGLC

May 12, 2017
I'm fairly certain mind control is also not allowed on patreon, as any use of a spell/pill/potion/mind control to get a woman to sleep with you that otherwise wouldn't is, in a roundabout way, non consensual

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
You would be better off going to the individual sites and reading their Terms of Service instead of asking random people on a pirate/sharing forum...

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Most mainstream Donation Hosting companies have strict rules with regards to what types of Adult themed content is allowed in products being hosted through their websites... Especially the more extreme Fetishes such as the ones you mentioned... Some developers try to work around those rules by offering up custom character titles within the VN/Games structure or offering up a MOD/Patch on a 3rd party site to add back in the forbidden elements... But Patreon, and it's like, are not dumb and when they do catch stuff like that they tend to put an end to it...

There are some less restrictive sites, but they are being heavily scrutinized, especially when the host site is a US based company owned by a foreign entity... An example is SubscribeStar which is based in the US, and owned by someone in Russia... Even main stream companies don't want to be associated with some of those less restrictive sites, such as Paypal and others breaking all ties with SubscribeStar... So just be aware of whom you wish your product to be associated with...

You can always just make your own website, host it there, and find some online payment companies to receive your donations through...

Zip

Reactions: Zamel_

GHSS

Jul 10, 2020
You can always just make your own website
But can I promote a link to this site with a fetish game through a clean patreon without any extreme fetishes or they will ban the account? Or will I promote my discord, where in one of the rooms will be the archive with the patch? I mean, how deep is the Patreon moderation in search of unwanted content?

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
But can I promote a link to this site with a fetish game through a clean patreon without any extreme fetishes or they will ban the account? Or will I promote my discord, where in one of the rooms will be the archive with the patch? I mean, how deep is the Patreon moderation in search of unwanted content?
It depends on how deep the guy from the Safety & Trust (or however it's called) team wants to go. Sometimes they will just check your patreon page and that's it. Sometimes they might get here and see what comments say or which are the tag for a game. There are BIG games with incest in Patreon that don't even bother doing a patch. It's a lottery.

Reactions: zombie goast

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I wouldn't do either of those things. As a content creator, you shouldn't be promoting a site where people can play the game for free to your paying patrons. The point of Patreon is to sell your content to fund its continued development, not tell people where they can get it for free.

You also should not not link to, promote, or indicate in any way that there is a patch to make your game have incest. Even if you do it on a Discord that is linked to your Patreon, you would still be in breach of Patreon's rules if you announce that you are the creator of the patch because then you're basically just broadcasting that you're skirting their rules and you'll get done for it should you be found out.

zombie goast

Jun 13, 2020
You would be better off going to the individual sites and reading their Terms of Service instead of asking random people on a pirate/sharing forum...
ToS are very rarely a good indication of the actual practicalities of doing business. Usually it's just legal boilerplate, and you'd get a more honest indication from random people who just go on the internet to tell lies.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
I am still confused.
Most of the content here on F95 would be banned by the standards of ToS.

If I want to make a Mind Control/Corruption game which are already a few notable examples on this site, can I do it?
Some threads here say they don't care if you keep it reasonably hidden.
Some say they are now zelous puritans.
So which is it effectively?
What are the "implied secret guidelines"?
Anything Incest and Loli seems probably out completely.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
The point is that someone has to tell them you are posting forbidden content. They can't check out every single account on their sites but if they get a heads up they'll act. So better safe than sorry, I guess.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
The point is that someone has to tell them you are posting forbidden content. They can't check out every single account on their sites but if they get a heads up they'll act. So better safe than sorry, I guess.
Don't new projects/accounts have to go through a reviewing process? How do I not make problems there?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Don't new projects/accounts have to go through a reviewing process? How do I not make problems there?
Who is going to review the (probably) thousands of new accounts that are created every day? It's impossible. You post your stuff, then people join in and report you if you're abusing them (i.e. not giving patrons the promised perks) or violating site's rules. Best way to not raise suspicions is not making anything against those rules. Whichs is absolutely possible, despite the large amount of games that depict those controversial themes. Does your game really need to have incest, rape, loli, bestiality or any other forbidden content? If so, you'd better look for other platforms or work on some roundabouts (like lewd patchs released here, most of them are actually developed by games Dev's but posted by fake/secondary accounts which apparently don't have any link with them).

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
What's the problem, just make a vanilla game like everyone else...
Of course some weirdo might do a patch with incest/bestiality/whatever content added, of course you won't know what kind of degenerated person would do such an awfull thing and of course you don't know how they got that content from you :illuminati:

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
No, to start your page on Patreon you just have to click "submit" or something like that so they will watch what your page and project are about. In my case it took less than a minute (no kidding, I went to the bathroom and when I come back I had Patreon's good to go) so they just watched that nothing on my public page was too lewd, maybe they Ctrl+F for words like incest and rape, idk.

Then I think it will be safe to do your life until someone reports your content. Once you got reported, someone from the Trust & Safety team will dig on it. That's the lottery you have to play. If the guy feels like working he could play your game, dig here, your discord, google your dev name and see what he finds on other sites, etc. If the guy feels lazy, he might just say "it looks good to me" and you're free.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Does your game really need to have incest, rape, loli, bestiality or any other forbidden content?
Define "forbidden".
Based on ToS most games on this site are on the chopping block.
It appears to me that some things are more forbidden than others which is what I want to know.

What's the problem, just make a vanilla game like everyone else...
Of course some weirdo might do a patch with incest/bestiality/whatever content added, of course you won't know what kind of degenerated person would do such an awfull thing and of course you don't know how they got that content from you :illuminati:
For games with Mind Control and Corruption the Mechanics are more imbedded than others.
Especially since what you see as "Sandbox Games" are laughable in their design.