VN Ren'Py Convert multi-photo animations to the last photo

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Hello, many games have animations that consist of two to five pictures
If instead of these animations, the last picture is put, or instead of being automatic, we can use the enter button to change the animation picture, it would be great (It makes the games much more beautiful)
Does anyone know a method or trick to achieve this goal? thank you

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hello, many games have animations that consist of two to five pictures
If instead of these animations, the last picture is put, or instead of being automatic, we can use the enter button to change the animation picture, it would be great (It makes the games much more beautiful)
How a still image, or a manual advance through the frames, can be "much more beautiful" than an automatic animation, whatever how basic it can be ?

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
How a still image, or a manual advance through the frames, can be "much more beautiful" than an automatic animation, whatever how basic it can be ?
For me, when an animation consists of a small number of pictures (3 to 10 pictures), it induces a sense of being artificial, and it makes me get out of the state of "immersion in the game", In my opinion, this affects the game experience, imagine there is a great game with great renderings, then an animation like this appears! It gets very bad
This is not just my opinion and feeling, just look at the opinions of different people in games that have such animations, they always say that it would be much better if there were still pictures instead of these animations.
I don't mean smooth animations, I mean animations that consist of 3 to 10 pictures and are not smooth at all
I wish it was possible to convert these animations into one photo (the last photo of the animation loop) or two photos
That is, a global renpy language setting that applies this change

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] imagine there is a great game with great renderings, then an animation like this appears! It gets very bad
Fortunately it never happen, none of the games with great renderings are doing this. If you've the knowledge, patience, and attention to details, needed to do great, or even near to great, renders, you also know that no animation is better than a X frames loop.

I don't mean smooth animations, I mean animations that consist of 3 to 10 pictures and are not smooth at all
I wish it was possible to convert these animations into one photo (the last photo of the animation loop) or two photos
And I still say that it would be a radical change in the information provided by the game, and a loss of context. Therefore it can't be a better experience for the player.