Ren'Py - Corrupted Kingdoms [v0.21.3] [ArcGames]

1. 5.00 star(s)

randomshortpoem

Quite fun, in-depth, and hot. I was pleasantly surprised at the writing and art direction of this game, and even the simple good-evil dichotomy makes it feel more fun and engaging. I am really looking forward to more and more from this title! Well done!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

desmosome

Games pretty good. The production value is quite high, from the UI to backgrounds. It uses Koikatu models. Not exactly my favorite style, but it fits the tone of the game. The writing is pretty good. No errors with the English and the dialogue flows naturally. Characters have their own quirks and personality.

You will immediately notice the resemblance to Long Live the Princess. The game mechanics are quite similar. You use mind control and very slowly work up the stairway to heaven (for most girls). At least there are a couple that gets mind broken from the plot and turns into your sex slaves without the grind. You follow leads to progress the plot. You get Belle.. I mean Pixie, the foul mouthed fairy sidekick.

All in all, its a pretty well made game. Currently (v0.2.3), the H content isn't quite there yet. There is a good base for the gameplay and the story progresses a decent amount though.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Bruce_Wayne18

Average story. That's about it.

If you are reading this you want to know if this game is worth your time fapping to. It's not, mainly because it lacks fappable sex scenes (with the characters you'll want).

The latest victim of the 'Oscar Syndrome', this game focuses WAY TOO MUCH on the story while ignoring the main reason people play this: TO FAP!

This my second time playing this and boy did my hand get tired. From clicking too much to read the story. Adult games must strike a balance between storytelling and fappable content thus 'rewarding' your time playing it. This game fails terribly at achieving that balance and it doesn't respect the time you put into it. By the time you are done reading all the dialogue the m/wood is gone.

It tries hard to get you invested in the female characters but doesn't drive the point home. The problem with the story and hence the 1 star rating, is the fact that you have to mind control all the girls in the game so that really makes things easy and draws away from the story and character buildup. They are mindless horny slaves and it doesn't feel right.

I played version 0.2.3: This update focused mainly on Jessica (aunt but only in name, not MC's actual aunt) and the MC's Mom backstory. Who does the MC get to have sex with? The aunt? The pixie? The sexy barmaid? Nope. The guards that you never met before this point.

This game spends SO MUCH time to get you to bond with the characters but of course, the pay off will come 'in another update'. On the plus side, the animations are good, few as they are.

My advice is definitely to skip it, for now. I won't be playing this for another good 5 updates before I re-evaluate my review.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

MgMn

So far it looks fantastic, art and animation are great, the story seems good so far and the girls are interesting.
    I usually find vns with corruption spells to be kind of samey but here it fits really well, magic is something that's established in this world and the protagonist having learned and trained to use those powers makes sense.
    The fact that it's a revenge story also appeals to me ( big waifu academy fan here).
    If the world building and character interactions continue to be this solid this will turn out great, worth supporting.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

xSinnerx

Really great game, one thing that sets me off a little is how the relationship with the girls works but it is not a big deal.
    The game has a great story, and the way that new resources are being implemented is also good, it is like the world expands a little every time you make progress.
    I'm looking forward for the complete release of this game, and the way the dev communicates with game fans is very nice too.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

teddidiah

Solid experience, very promising for the future. Production value is pretty high, with the characters being both unique across the board and quite expressive, something that scene designers often seem to struggle with. The main complaint I have with it is it both seems like it has direction but also not; chapter one consists of meandering around, seemly cleaning up an entire plot thread while having fairly muted interactions with the other characters. Really, there isn't a lot of content going on right now, but it's also fairly early.

Another issue I have with it is the enforced mind control, namely the PC will, in a story beat, unintentionally brainwash two NPCs in two radially different ways and the fact they're completely different people now is, uh, never actually called out. Kinda weird.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Torpower0

Definitely a game working its way to being a masterpiece. Between the art style, story, characters, and game mechanics soon to be implemented, this game is super sexy yet fun. Hope this game continues with its progress, I am looking forward already to future updates.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

ChuckyF16

This is quickly becoming one of my favorites! Really, this gem of a game is satisfying on almost every single point. It is sexy, in an admittedly slow burn sort of way, but not painfully slow. The story is excellent: complex but not confusing, not totally linear, and not easy to predict. I do not recall seeing typos, incorrectly spelled words, or poor grammar. The characters are fun and interesting. The art style is not what I normally prefer, but I very much like all of it thus far and it very much fits the genre of the story and the game. The animations are excellent, and I find all of the artwork sexy and exceptionally well done.
    This is not a straight up VN (at least not what I consider a pure VN), and there is some game play involved. Again, I find it extremely well done. There is player flexibility to roam and explore, and the user interface is very well balanced, providing hints and tips to help out without guiding the player in a step by step fashion. All in all, fun and satisfying to me. I personally am not looking for hard puzzles or challenges to solve in a game...enough of that in real life for me.
    Last, but certainly not least, ArcGames has been doing an incredible job putting out regular updates, and each update has been an outstanding addition to the game, both in terms of quality AND quantity. Which is fantastic, because I find myself eagerly looking forward to each update.
    Very much worth a download and try!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

wrarar

draws and animations (cg): amazingly done.

story: really well done.

scenes (erotic ones): really hot.

gameplay: is good.

characters: a lot and well done.

music: not anoying and well done.

conclussion: the great quality and effort on this game, can be feeled from minute one. it got all what you want in a game ( except a cooperative online, it loose some points for that) but the rest is all really well done.

this game TOTTALLY deserve your time and money.

psdt: when i see this kind of games, i really want to point something to improve or a plot hole, but is clear that the dev got something solid in mind. really check this game.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

libertypics

I'm not quite sure if it warrants 4 yet, on the border with 3, but this dev is definitely active on his/her game.
    This isn't a style of art/render that I prefer but for it's type it's pretty good.
    I like the attempt at diverse body types with the art style as well, most games that use this type don't go for this many body stylings on the women.
    I liked the attempt at an in game hint system with the pixie's advice although I've found it insufficient as the game has progressed.
    Here is hoping it continues to improve.
    [... but it needs more Annie the cow girl and where I hope that leads... ]
  11. 4.00 star(s)

PrimusVox

(Played 0.1.2a) While very content lite at the moment, I will absolutely be revisiting this game. The art is distinct and well done, the story has the potential to be very interesting with lots of background, the characters are fun and the whole thing actually works well as a game. Looking forward to more.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Graveraven

Downloaded and tried for all it's worth. From my perception:

It's really nice and seems like a solid story start off. Looking forward future releases.

What I think that might be missing? :

Maybe some form of mini-games linked power-related skills. Just an example: having some sort of mini-game that breaks down mental barriers for 'control' skill. The further you go, the harder it gets. It would feel like the MC is 'actually' doing something with his skills aside from the route choices.

Though this is just my personal opinion.

I did see a stats section that you have made for the MC so that might be something related for you guys in future release.

Don't mind my hub-bubs as it is only but rants.

Still all in all: Great work! I'd give 4/5 myself for the starting line ^_^
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Feraksu

Amazing renders, and super cute girls. The best looking Koikatu game I've seen. I also really like the detective angle., also the writing is really decent.
    Not ton of content as of 0.1, but a real good start.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Eleum Loyce

Not a lot is here right now but if updates happen at a regular rate, this should shape up to be a good game. It kind of reminds me of Long Live the Princess -- considering the corruption theme and the nympho pixie "sidekick". Story seems interesting but isn't very fleshed out yet. Artwork is well done and each character seems unique. No grammatical errors, no bugs. Definitely looking forward to seeing more content.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Menace13

Not very much content yet but I'll give my opinion of the initial release:

The story is quite direct and simple: the MC returns to his old hometown after his family was chased away years ago, it is implied your mother took her own life because of it. Or atleast that's what I thought.

The MC seems vindictive altough you can choose to be a bit more bitter or more heroic it seems, I chose the 'revenge' side. You settle in to your flat and you get attacked by some monster and killed. After that you learn about the monstergirls and the mind-control powers.

After that you basically start the tutorial and get to the (little) content. What can I say? Story is good enough, art looks pretty darn good and who doesn't want sex up a possibly evil tree-girl. Or loli-succubus, or a girl literally made out of flames. Or every other woman you come across in this game.

I had fun so far, looking forward to the rest.