RPGM - Completed - Corruption of Ruby Rose - Red Trailer [v1.00] [8ik9ol]

1. 3.00 star(s)

IMNOVIRGIN

a fairly unique parody of RWBY which I'm genuinely surprised no one else has tried to do considering its fan base and how long the show has been going for.

The Tech demo starts in the best place for the story reasons but doesn't really explain what we can expect from the game. Are we getting a full adventure story game that slowly corrupts ruby? or are we getting a school like a game where we grind to slowly corrupt ruby? will we get other heroines to corrupt or will it just be ruby?

So PROs:

Interesting combat mechanics in the second part of the game. RPG maker's standard combat gameplay can become tedious and if I can kill 100s of weaker enemies in short burst with say less exp, that be great for this game.

multiple endings/ game over endings. just a nice touch up for a short game and would be nice to see in later versions of the game for different enemies.

The CONs

The Gore based art. Gore in Lewd games are rare due to the lack of interest for that fetish and for a RWBY parody, this might push away a large chunk of that fan base. Which is usually a lifeline for these projects.

Suggestions

Start a Patreon if you haven't already and fully explain what you have planned for the game. This demo - while interesting - explains nothing about what type of game you're creating.

place on any and all browser-based game sites like Newgrounds with a direct link to your Patreon to help support and interest.

Change some story plots- for example, the Grimm could be attracted to lust instead of negative emotions. If the game plans to follow the storyline of RWBY, have the opportunity to save or kill characters. That sort of stuff.

Some changes to game over scenes, instead of dying and returning to the title screen, have the character restart at the start of a dungeon/area after a game over scene.

Regular and Frequent updates! This I cannot stress enough, most games I've seen that start out promising, crash and burn because the fans don't get any updates and lose interest.

I do hope that this game gets released and succeeds so to the creator, I wish you luck and will be keeping my eye out on this work!