VN - Others - Completed - Cosplay Fetish Academy [Final] [Sekilala]

1. 4.00 star(s)

youmustbejoking

Cosplay Fetish Academy is yet another one of these Windows XP era eroge (or bishoujo games as they were quaintly called back in the day) that I find myself fascinated by. I can't explain it why really. The writing in these titles is mediocre at best, and the plots, tropes, and characters are all so very generic and predictable. And yet I keep coming back to these every once in a while in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, one of them would stand out in a way. Sadly CFA is not one such title.

The premise is one that would fit perfectly in the current day anime ethos: MC gets isekai'd. Hey, back in 2005 this wasn't a common trope yet so cut it some slack! Ryouji is your run-of-the-mill protagonist who is friends with a hot pair of twins: Yuuki and Shana. The former is an uptight girl who works part-time as a shrine maiden (bitch alert!), while the latter is the polar opposite of her sister and works part-time as a model (thot alert!). One day while up at the shrine they get hit by a lightning bolt and quickly realize that they have been transported to another world which is identical to their own except in one crucial detail: the sluttier the women dress, the more "proper" it is perceived. My kind of isekai.

That's p. much the jist of the entire story. It's nothing but an excuse to have the female characters shown is skimpy outfits. There are a couple of times where the story seems to be heading into an interesting direction, but for the vast majority of the time the novel doesn't do anything out of the ordinary with its premise, which is a shame but hey you're not here to read Shakespeare.

But that's ok, because let me tell you this is the first time that I read a VN with a constant boner in my pants. The art is THAT good and erotic. Seriously whoever designed these outfits deserves a medal because hoo-boy it's not every day you get to see something this sexy!

Speaking of which I think I'll talk about the H scenes as well. There are a ton of them for each girl, and there is also a copious amount of group scenes during the harem routes. They are all vanilla though with minimal amounts of fetishes beyond the "cosplaying" aspect. There aren't even any anal scenes either, much to my relief. I know that this might disappoint some people out there but for me this VN was perfect with regards to the H content.

As a side note, despite its title this novel isn't about "cosplaying" per se, that is it's not about dressing up as fictional characters. It's simply about dressing up as sexy in as many different costumes as possible.

There are several girls you can romance, including two harem routes as well as a "bad" ending if you choose to remain incel. This "bad" ending is hilarious so I highly suggest you do it at the end just for the laughs (and you also need it to unlock the last CG).

The girls are mixed bad. Some are good, some are awful. Let's get the bad out of the way first.

As I said before, Yuuki is a stuck up bitch who easily gets into a hysteria whenever things don't go the way she wants. She is also a massive control freak and an emotional black mailer. I don't know if it was the intention of the writer to make her such an insufferable cunt, but if it was then he succeeded in making the most obnoxious character that I have so far met in the medium. On the other hand she is mega hot, with long red hair, green eyes, and massive mammary glands. Still this type of woman would be a nightmare to deal with in real life. If you ever meet one of these: run for the hills! (cue Iron Maiden song). During her route she has to learn how to adapt to this new world where it is expected for women to dress as indecently as possible. Seeing her turning into a nympho by the end was the only saving grace of her route.

Her sister isn't much better. Like I said Shana is the polar opposite of her sister. She is dumb, lazy, and has an obnoxiously screechy voice. She's also the type of girl that would get you into trouble with other guys. Unlike Yuuki though, she has a tiny rack. I at least appreciate the design because it's not often you get non-loli flat-chested characters in anime. Props to the artist I guess. Being a fashion model and a natural thot, Shana has no issues whatsoever adapting to the new world. She's a bit better than Yuuki but not by much.

Kotori is the third classmate that you have and FINALLY a decent waifu. I wouldn't call her great because she is very plain just like the rest of the others, but at least she seems like a nice person to be around with. Her hobby is tailoring and so she is the one who ends up making all the sexy outfits for the girls to wear. She has a meek personality almost to the point of being annoying but compared to the previous two hoes she is a breath of fresh air. I'm not a big fan of her design as I didn't like the design of her eyes and her glasses but that's just nitpicking I guess.

Last but not least we have la piece de resistance, the goddess herself: Maika-sensei. Long, beautiful hair, huge honkers, killer kurves, and above all a great personality, what more can a man want?! Again, don't expect any riveting writing here, but it's a matter of fact that Maika-sensei is the best of the bunch, according to my standards at least. Later during the harem route she is also the one who sets up group gatherings with the rest of the girls which makes here even more of a G.O.A.T.! Best girl, hands down!

Each of these four routes have two different endings which you'll want to complete in order to get the gallery to 100%. The choices that you get are usually simple but for the harem routes you will probably need to consult a walkthrough.

After you finish the first harem route you will unlock the second harem route which will also involve Ryoujii's brother Kazumi and his girlfriend Akari. Look, you can probably guess what this means so I won't elaborate further...

The music is semi-decent actually. There were a couple of nice tunes here and there and the credits song is actually quite cute and catchy. The interface was very good and I was able to set it to the perfect auto-read speed, which is a rare thing for visual novels of that era.

So all in all is CFA worth it? In order to rate this title one has to ask oneself why he is reading it in the first place. What are you looking for in a visual novel such as this? If one were to say the he predominantly wants good story and characters then this novel would be a two or three stars at best if you're feeling extremely generous. On the other hand if you're mainly here for cute waifus and H scenes then CFA is one of the best from the era. Look, if you c00med here to c00m then've c00me to the right place, c00mer. And hey it's uncensored so that makes it even better!

Final rating: 2 stars for the writing, 5 for the H, so that makes it 3,5 which rounds it up to 4 because I am such a nice guy. Verdict: a must-have for c00mers who love their waifus in a nice thick coating of vanilla flavor. Everyone else should probably just go look up the CG gallery on some site somewhere.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Katsurooo

That was one very fine Isekai game. I'm not sure why it's called "Cosplay" tou' since noone had to do much with cosplay during the gameplay( probably something with the blue haired girl, but i didn't paid much attention there). The skimpy outfits are just the regular clothes of the parallel world the MC and 2 of the main heroines find themselves after a lightning striked them.

I rarely read the plot before-hand, but i was taken by the good drawing that's shown on the pre-images. I could say the story turned out to be really interesting and funny, because it took you in from the beginning and trough on. There is also teacher-student stuff.

The heroines are likeable characters. I especially liked Yuuki(brown hair) route, who's is modest girl and really took tough the change at the beginning. Somewhere there is by 2 endings for the same heroine, also there is and harem end. All are good ones. The sex scenes are plenty and hot.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

I liked the premise for this game. A weird alternate reality in which girls forgot why we wear clothes and decide to slut it up in all the best ways? Sign me up. Unfortunately, that's not really what the game ended up being about.

Instead of focusing on how the world would be different, Cosplay Fetish Academy explores how the world is the same. While the heroines are wearing slutty outfits the entire game, they quickly get used to it. Even the most modest of the crew only drops the odd comment about how uncomfortable she is. The story ends up being extremely generic, despite the odd circumstances.

The heroines are reasonably interesting and the art is pretty good, but I just can't help but feel like the game missed the point. It felt almost brutally average in the end.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Cromagnon123

Love this game. It is old, but the dialog and models are solid. I like the premise because it is funny. I like that your choices do matter. I also think the cosplay outfits are rocking. It can get a bit grindy at times, but I do like the skip feature.