VN - Ren'Py - Cosy Cafe [v0.9] [Cosy Creator]

1. 5.00 star(s)

NotSoTasty

Cosy Cafe [v0.2] [Cosy Creator]

Hey! This is good shit!
    I wasn't expecting much, but this is helluva nice surprise. Nice looking models, decent and enjoyable story, good and cohesive writing with few orthographic and other little mistakes (nothing much, among of what I spotted), sympathetic characters with distinct "harem" personalities. Everything is good, but as always there is some 'butt' in it. It's only started, so it is quite short for now, only 2 releases. Tho, there's already many good scenes and situations, with entertaining slice of life plot to boot.

You really should check this one out. Oh, and don't forget too follow/support dev, if you liked it. (ofc, if your IRL situation lets you)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

endless1m

gonna be honest here

if you grew up to be somewhat on the dominant side you don't find many enjoyable games here. most don't even try and those who do sound like try-hard kids.
    I love the concept of Harem games, but the MC is usually not enjoyable. the girls just wipe the floor with him, while he is busy collecting 'good boy' points. if he sees some action its usually a mix of always horny girls/strange circumstances/reward for said 'good boy' points.
    now don't get me wrong. I love it if the MC is kind to people, just not this sucking up to girls to get sex.

Enter Cosy Cafe MC: wholesome Gigachad - with extra much spine (ZERO cringe edition)

The MC is just that well written. He is believable, he is dominant, and he is wholesome. Such a pleasure to watch.

+ Story:

MC is focusing on setting up his own restaurant while still being in school. And while he is chasing his dream, the girls around him start to chase him.

+ Girls:

a timid girl with a golden heart who gets bullied, a desperate bitchy 'princess' who agrees to be absolutely obedient to MC for being given a job as waitress, a petit redhead tsundere, a shy japanese female teacher who lets MC willingly grope her in the subway, a milf who is the school headmistress and visibly impressed at how MC is carrying himself, a low-key good looking school committee member and over-the-top hardcore feminist who will likely get dominated into oblivion by MC, a quiet girl whos into pet-play iirc, and another redhead who tends to be a mellow by-stander and is the headmistress younger sister.
    Except teacher and headmistress all girls are same age as MC, and the focus is mostly on submissive girls.
    I find them to be extremely realistically written, and also quite endearing (which happens almost never for me). If you are into more classic feminine submissive girls this game is a healing experience.

+ Sex:

It feels real. What I have seen so far was very erotic. The dev clearly understands how to build erotic tension and the flirting by the MC is so good that it feels natural when things happen. Its so rare that oneself as the player can clearly see why the girls want the MC. He is also the one who initiates things and pushes forward, and its far from the usual dumb circumstances leading to sex.
    Dev is or was obviously a wholesome chad IRL lol

Maledom is very very good. Its not only in sex scenes, but in normal conversations. "Would you prefer it if I call you 'my slut' instead of 'a slut'?" Or making the condition for the bitchy girl to be accepted as a waitress to be absolutely obedient. To just casually add a tongue-in-cheek "now run along, little slave" after a conversation to see how she reacts. It adds an erotic element to normal dialog. "You are good at following orders Victoria." Or just how he confidently keeps looking at the girl undressing herself while she looks at him with blaming gazes.
    Dev is a natural in writing maledom.

+ Visuals:

Very nice lighting. The sunlight is clear, bright and real. Other games look more epic at a first glance, but this is imo much more enjoyable in the long run. The renders are crisp af. The character models look great already, but the skin will be further improved in the next update (dev posted images already in the thread). The body language of the girls looks very natural and the dev is clearly talented in 'posing'.^^ I personally enjoy that the girls wear normal clothes (more exciting to unwrap them) and have realistic hair colors. Honey select 2 models are just hot and cute at the same time, and here they really shine.

+ Writing:

2nd best I've seen (of ~70). Every line of dialog just hits. Its a pleasure. Sometimes I scroll back just to read that mad line another time.
    Example: 3 vicious girls run their mouth about 1 of the 2 girls sitting with MC in the subway. Trying to label her as a whore in school, and to make it stick. Extra loud to humiliate her. At some point she snaps and gets up to confront her former friends. MC is concerned but just keeps watching for now. 2nd girl gets up to help the other one. MC still waits. They really go at each other. Insults to scar their hearts. Now everyone knows you need a bulletproof vest to enter a group of vicious schoolgirls going at each other. All very realistically written so far. Now MC stands up, approaches, and opens with a friendly:
    "Alright cunts, thats enough." lmfao
    Romantic, or personal dialog is just the same. Awesome stuff. People feel real.

+ Food:

The game makes great effort to show the restaurant theme. You see the groceries, the cooking process, and the delicious looking meals. The desserts. You see the cake as a whole. Then cut in pieces.
    You witness the MC cooking in his apartment to make the shy girl relax and feel comfortable, and you see him practicing his meals in the restaurant kitchen while another girl is assisting him.
    I find food and eating scenes in VNs strangely relaxing and I just love how its done here. <3

+ Wholesome:

Like others have mentioned: to have a game with a dominant wholesome MC is just golden. Didn't think I'd live to see that happen. Even the maledom is wholesome. You can imagine that he has a little sly but warm smile on his lips while teasing the girl. Or make her lift her skirt in the kitchen. The MC never whiteknights for getting pussy. But he shows a lot of kindness if somebody needs it or is behaving respectfully. If he wants pussy he just flirts with the girls. No whiteknighting necessary. He is also making effort to create harmony in his harem, by making sure the girls are treating each other well.

And he does something almost unheard of in AVNs:
    he has a healthy amount of respect for himself - and doesn't take uncalled-for shit from others. Regardless if girl or guy. And then he is friendly again.
    Again written very well and believable.

+ Amount of content:

Very very long for its update number.

-------

This VN reminds me a lot of the anime Clannad. The slightly delinquent dominant MC with a good heart trying to better the lives of those around him, while never losing respect for himself. The girls have similarities as well, I find.

I really like the game description:

" This will take the shape of a harem that eventually becomes a family. "

Of the ~70 AVNs I played this one is my favorite. The big difference for me, as my review surely made obvious, is the MC.
    He carries himself with so much calm confidence, its very relaxing. Also, 'Cosy Cafe' made me realize how much I missed seeing conversations between feminine submissive girls and a masculine guy.

Thank you, Cosy Creator =)

TLDR: yummy food, endearing submissive girls, and a genuine dominant kind MC - please don't wake me up lol <3
  3. 5.00 star(s)

hornydrifter

Amazing renders, adorable girls, and the most insufferable antagonists you can handle. Plus the premise is pretty cool, if not a bit rushed / forced.

Was very disappointed to reach the 'to be continued' screen, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Must add tiny devil to harem.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

HiiroFire

I have to be frankly, i didn't expect too much from this game, only cute girls and hot situations.

But i gladly surprised with this VN.

The story, the music, the characters... all of them are so lovely. I was smilling all the time.

Really thanks for making this game, i love it.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

AggressiveCheeto

Review for [v0.2]

There's not a lot, but plenty to play for a version 0.2 and it's well worth it. The pacing felt really well done for what's available and all situations in the game were handled surprisingly well, only time I was really taken out of the game was when I'd see the main character in his uniform cause he looks like a brick shit house which made me laugh but I found it charming and I hope it doesn't change. Solid foundation for the story and setting with no grammatical or writing issues that I was able to pick up. It's a kinetic novel for anyone warry of that, but I don't care and I definitely enjoy the way things are structured so far so I'd be happy if it stayed that way.

There's hints of some sort of mystery, but it's mostly a slice of life story and I hope it mostly sticks to that fairly warm feeling it evokes, definitely true to the cosy in the name, in between the bits of drama and lewd scenes.

It leans heavily into the maledom aspect with some relatively light bdsm (possibly more to come) so while it's not extreme, I can see it being a bit much if you are looking for straight vanilla. The mc is quite assertive with girls near the beginning, but he never really comes off as an asshole and instead is much more confident and teasing. He'll push buttons sometimes and test limits, but so far has done well with boundaries and shows he cares for the girls when it matters. He definitely feels a bit more like an actual character than a stand-in which I really appreciated since that gives more life to the interactions and it didn't lose my interest when it was just the mc doing his own thing and having his own thoughts.

I don't have much to say as it's really early, but everything was well done and I enjoyed it. Judging from my own opinions and some of the other reactions I've seen, even if its nothing innovative or miraculous, it has that special spark and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it. I hope for the best.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

soadeths

I'm glad I stumbled upon this game by chance, because it deserves to have a better visibility.

For a 0.2 there is a lot of content, because normally I don't play the newly released game unless I have mini 1500 renders, but it already has +2400.

The story is pretty good so far, the male domination is very present in this game, a bit too much but it makes its charm with the characters.

For the moment on the story, except the history of his grandfather and the restaurant there is not much but enough to keep us in suspense.

The characters are really interesting with distinct characters, some would say that it's classic with the shy, the bitch and the tsundere but here it works well.

The quality of the rendering is really good!

In any case I can't wait to know the next part of the story and courage to the developer!
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Uthuriel

I really wish I could like this game...

The premise is nice, the setting too and the girls are cute...
    BUT
    it's way to heavy on the maledom and BDSM. And the MC is an asshole.
    It's also very kinetic.

A shame... nothing cosy about this one.

If you don't like maledom and BDSM stay away.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

Its not often i'll let my emotions drive a review BUT.. I LOVE this VN..
    Its basic yet addictive.. Its characters melt your heart and the writing is some of the best especially for a VN built in the art style that it is..
    Normally HS Built games can be a rapid fire produced amount of Hit or Miss and for me personally this is a Hit..
    ITS NOT PERFECT.. far from it.. Mc looks a little odd when wearing his uniform early on.. some of the 'thoughts' mc drones on about get a bit teeth grinding.. The space filler cast extras really need to be added instead of leaving the holographic shadows..
    The story is well written and characters are likeable.. the mc isnt a weakling or a douche but a nice blend between being tough enough and not a push over while also having a decent side to his personality..
    The project has a good prospect ahead if it goes the distance and i'm looking forward to seeing more from this title.. Nicely Done
  9. 5.00 star(s)

NeoEros

Version reviewed: v0.2

I love the combination between your usual school setting and the coffee business theme. For a newly developed game Cosy Cafe has surprisingly rich amounts of content to enjoy. I love the dynamics between MC and each LI, and even though the game is a wholesome harem journey, the dev doesn't shy away from adding elements like familial abuse and school bullying to make the characters more "lively". There're some elements that need to improved (such as facial expressions) but overall I really love this game. Good job Cosy Creator:D(y)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Lerd0

review of version 0.2

loved it
    cosy, comfy, wholesome.....some really nice maledom content, girls be super cute...especially Victoria, mc a really good boi.
    can't wait to add more to girls to the harem..
    good luck to the dev.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

jaq847

First of all, sorry for my english. I'm italian.
    So. This game is much deeper than an average hentai game. The story is really well written. Sometime a little too cliché, but in a good way. It has funny moments, sad moments, serious moments. I really like it.
    The gameplay is easy but satisfying. The characters are well written. Even if it uses the same models and scenes seen in other games, the story makes them all unique. Really good job.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

sibera

This might truly be one of the best 0.1 versions of a game I've seen here on F95 and I've been here for a decent while. The characters are well developed, with unique personalities that make you care for them.

The writing is excellent with no errors from what I remember. Its length for a first release was impressive.

The visuals were good. I'd give them either a 3.5 or 4 out of 5. They are definitely pretty and good to look at, but it just doesn't hit that level of visual fidelity that other games have shown is possible with HS.

Besides from that this things hits pretty much every genre I love. The author clearly had a vision for what they wanted and have leaned into it. They wanted a slice of life, romantic, harem game and have done excellently at delivering that.

I don't normally like to play first releases but this one just really stood out to me so I gave it a chance and I'm so glad I did. My best wishes to the creator and hope you keep up the excellent work!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Ragnon

I was not sure what to expect when I downloaded this game but for a first release on V0.1 this game sets up a great foundation and intro for what to expect going forward. I would usually abstain from giving a 5 star on any V0.1 but this has been a very solid start with nothing that really stands out as negative as of yet. Some events are progressing faster with some characters but I have not yet felt anything is too unbelievable or Mary sue like. Thus I can't wait to see were the creator takes this, as sandbox could work but so far I have enjoyed the linear story style.

Some final points on why you should give this game a try.
    *Cohesive story with good writing.
    *Good character models and background choices
    *Little more interesting spin on the school setting
  14. 5.00 star(s)

snow123789456

Very promising game for the first gamer. Longer than I expected for the initial release. The story good. The developer should had animation to the game. Looking forward for more updates in the future.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Elasstommer

This is a sweet, romantic harem story with cute models, endearing characters, and good story development. The story is pretty linear at this point, devoted to developing the story, but it progresses well and ends with good foreshadowing of interesting things to come. I'll be following this VN and rooting for the dev to continue creating an engaging story about the interesting characters we've started to get to know.