makeitso

Jul 29, 2018
Sure, I can see more than 10 saves. But by default the game offers 200. Not sure there are *that* many significant decisions.
Also, the cached saves are volatile. Do not trust them to be permanent in case the browser flushes its cache (privacy clear, update, fresh install, any number of reasons) or something does it for the browser (usually a cleaner app or antivirus). Or the cache corrupts for some reason.

Save to a file to keep your data - you can even name it appropriately for the decision or scene! And include it in your standard file backups.

Reactions: AelphysTerra

therealguy30

Jul 12, 2017
It's the event where someone steals your clothes and BFF gives you some to wear I think. Still experimenting but I think it only happens after you do the study/pool/party events with BFF. After those scenes I think you just have to spam the shower option until you get the scene.
I found the part in the html,

passage: "EventClothesStolenBFFHelp",
tags: ["shower", "normal"],
frequency: 100,
"from day": 14,
hours: [6, 8],
unique: true,
weekdays: ["Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", "Friday"],
checkvar: "!setup.people.is_sexpartner('The Best Friend')",
findnpc: {desiredrelationships: ["hatefuck", "rival", "indifferent"], dislikes: true},

The thing that was blocking me from getting it is the "findnpc" part. It was looking for someone who disliked/hated me but I always cheated to make everyone like me so it couldn't find anyone, though I couldn't get it to trigger by cheating to make someone in the room hate me. I had to edit the html to add "friend" into the "desiredrelationships" part. Maybe the desired relationships take time to change for npcs idk.

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
Because it's annoying to have to do. As with Renpy, if you can have an almost infinite number of save slots, why not do it?
those saves are stored in the browsers local storage, which is only 10MB large. I just exported a CoT save, it was 111kb.
If you posess some knowledge of basic math, you will realise that you can fit less than 100 CoT saves into that local storage (which is shared across all Twine games you run on your computer).
This is a limitation that neither the game developer nor the Twine developers can do anything about.

That's why.

xiaofei

May 31, 2017
Is there currently a way to start dating the Admirer, or is it only one repeatable event before classes? Does the event progress beyond "beating" the campaign?
I've only had it trigger once but there should be an option if you keep going to the sessions where you get one of those 'act out' scenes to convince him while dming. I think I had either high dis or exhibition but after my female pc 'flashes' them you'll get something where the admirer will ask you out if I remember correctly. Again it only happened once for me and I was like 60+ days deep.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Hello.
I started playing CoT a week ago. I made my character join the soccer team, but struggles going head-on other players. His bodyshape doesn't go past lean regardless of 24/7 weight lifting. How do I make it gain more mass?

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Following up from the playthrough below:
I'd recommend against doing the "dangerzone" seed. The issue you'll find is that if you play it, especially slutty, is that sex becomes very much same-same throughout. All the characters have the same inclinations, with only minor varying preferences, like body preferences... however the inclinations influence their sexual behavior, so even if there's body part preferences, their sadism may influence their sexual preferences more. This all colors their actions during sex and therefore all of them play pretty much the same.

Otherwise the edit below mostly worked. Very few errors thus far.
This is a late reply to earlier discussions about trying to get a sports team to change to a different gender overall, like football players from male to female, or cheerleaders from female to male, etc.

So, late late reply:
If you open up the game in the editor, you can look at this section to further control the the genders of the various sports teams when a new seed/world is being generated.
In the current build 5.0h, if you start at around line 48801 (I use Notepad++ to look mainly), you'll see the beginning of the functions used to assign roles to your student population regarding sports. Jocks, Cheerleaders, Pro Gamers... and then functions to fill the the various sports teams with those tagged persons (Jocks go into Football and Swimming; the rest go into their respective teams.

These have seperate functions for male and female jocks, or male and female cheerleaders, as well as "potential partners" (I'm assuming that's relative to the pc but not sure). Anyhow, if you go into those functions and change the genders, you can more or less control the genders that a team will pick from the population. It won't be perfect, but it will be very close.

So for instance: the pick male jock function, I can change the genders to female in the first part (so that later calls for male jocks to fill teams will pick female jocks), and then the same in the second part for if the algorithm fails to find any suitable female genders
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thus, this would get me closer to getting a death by snu snu sports team.

You can do the same thing for the cheerleader functions to get the men/transmen/enbies cheeleader team that you wanted (with the appropriate genders edited in). Keep in mind of course that these functions draw from the available population, and that second function (under if !found) is for widening the gender selection if it can't find the gender it's looking for. So if you limit it without having a large enough population of the genders you're looking for... I'm not quite sure what happens?

And of course this only applies before world generation.

Edit: Also, you'd leave "Traditional sports team genders" checked when using this method.

Aug 6, 2017
So like I said before, I use saveeditonline, so with that in mind, this is how you edit genitals and genders of anyone in the game. Fair warning, it could break your game, but I haven't had that happen yet, and I've changed *a lot* of people.

1. Ctrl-F the name of the person you want to edit, I'm going to use "Cora Cooke" for my example. Make sure you're not editing their roommate.

1719232918023.png

1719233754295.png
1719233770160.png

2. Simply edit their gender, either they'll be a Male, Female, Transgender Female, Transgender Male, Nonbinary AMAB (Assigned Male at Birth, or Nonbinary AFAB (Assigned Female at Birth). Make sure to keep the gender in-between the quotes.

Something to note as well, there isn't a need for a comma (,) at the end of the line because it's the end of that section.

If I wanted to change "Cora Cooke" to a female, this is what it would look like;

1719233183676.png

This next part, I found, only works for the PC for when you want multiple. I haven't been able to get it to work for NPCs to give them multiple. Simply changing an NPCs gender would change it anyway.

3. Now, if you want to edit genitals, you continue searching for your selected character. Eventually you're going to find the section that decides what they look like. It'll look like this;
1719233311704.png
If you scroll down a little bit from there, you'll see "body parts". It'll be right under all their skills like Voyeurism, Dominance, Submission, etc (which you can also change).
1719233409209.png
4. Simply replace the genital with the one you want. Want female genitals? Replace penis and balls with "vagina" and "clitoris". Want male genitals? Replace vagina and clitoris with "penis" and "balls". Just make sure to add a comma (,) to the end after the quotes "", but the last line doesn't have a comma (,). So since I changed "Cora Cooke's" gender to female, she'll have only a vagina once I save

1719233657352.png
Note that I placed a comma (,) at the end of vagina because it isn't the end of the bracket.

1719233804470.png
1719234486676.png

And that is all it takes. You're free to edit their skill values as you please, I've found it actually pretty hard to break the game, and if there is something wrong with the code, saveeditonline will let you know when you try to download the file again.

Do note, I haven't been able to make an NPC have multiple genitals, but you can easily make your own PC have multiple if you just add them to the body parts list.

1719234631670.png

Cap Amazing

Sep 11, 2017
Is there a console command to see all possible events, or something I can search to see them in the html itself? I'm trying to figure out how to trigger the bffs alternate route. Someone said it was a shower event but save scumming hasn't popped anything new.
You can open it in a Twine Editor and see all the passages

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Guys, after I finished the Party quest and made the Best Friend my girlfriend (soulmate now), are there more contents afterwards?

Unrelated, but it annoys the hell outta me when Best Friend's normal dorm interactions still consider MC as just friends (sex friends at most) instead acting like a girlfriend.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Guys, after I finished the Party quest and made the Best Friend my girlfriend (soulmate now), are there more contents afterwards?

Unrelated, but it annoys the hell outta me when Best Friend's normal dorm interactions still consider MC as just friends (sex friends at most) instead acting like a girlfriend.
"Ohmygosh i'm seeing my BFFs genitals" when you've already had sex ten times that week?

dinuguan42

Nov 18, 2021
"Ohmygosh i'm seeing my BFFs genitals" when you've already had sex ten times that week?
This is not really an answer, but I went thru and edited all those types of events to be unique, meaning they only happen once in my game. I probably should submit that as feedback to the devs, but I'm lazy.

Also, for all the talk about saved games, I save to file for every end of my game session. Not really helpful for those not on PC, but it does work pretty well.

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
I don't like the default skin colors, so I changed them. Here's my new ones:
setup.skin_colors = ["ivory","light","fair","olive","tan","bronze","brown","dark","ebony"];
Yes, I fixed up the phenotypes to match my new skins, and removed that one last mention of beige.
I thought about doing black instead of ebony, and white instead of ivory... but I like ebony and ivory.

Spamwise

Mar 29, 2020
I don't like the default skin colors, so I changed them. Here's my new ones:
setup.skin_colors = ["ivory","light","fair","olive","tan","bronze","brown","dark","ebony"];
Yes, I fixed up the phenotypes to match my new skins, and removed that one last mention of beige.
I thought about doing black instead of ebony, and white instead of ivory... but I like ebony and ivory.
I think that's better across the board. I have never described someone as having gold-beige skin.

Reactions: sparrow_rose
4.30 star(s) 76 Votes