RPGM - Completed - Crazy GameMaster: Dolphins [v1.0] [RpgCrazy]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Sunshaded

Update:

Having now finished Dolphins, I had to update my review to say that this game was wonderful!

First of all, the focus on relationships and romance was quite deep, with lots of subtle flirting, missed social signals, insecurities and past traumas, meddling third parties, and other romantic tropes which raised my sense of tension. All of the girls revealed more sides of themselves, especially one girl in particular who was too self-conscious in The 7 Crystals. The male lead Josh definitely received the most character development, and it's clear he's not just some shallow self-insert for players who want feet in their face, he's a real person with his own feelings and predispositions, and someone I was cheering for as I played the game. The resolution felt satisfying, too.

The overall atmosphere in the Crazy GameMaster games is silly, but don't be fooled into thinking there isn't an intricate story here. Let me give you an example of how characters are much deeper than they appear (vague spoilers for character development in the first game). In The 7 Crystals, the premise is that a girl named Kelly, a geeky creative type whose passions often outweigh her sense of self-control, uses her riches to bribe 3 schoolmates she doesn't know well to play a tabletop roleplaying game with her. The games are full of weird and funny plot devices, and she's always trying to use the excuse of "roleplaying" to goad the characters into doing mildly kinky things to each other, almost always involving feet. Sound like a simplistic premise to have an excuse for feet-based flirting? Well, the whole overarching plot of 7 Crystals relates to the mistrust between Kelly and the other 3, including things like secretly spying on them, and her hidden motivations for reaching out to them... And over time, Kelly becomes closer to them as a friend, but at the same time there's always a sense of tension between her and the other 3 who have known each other for longer, and there's even some lighthearted meanness from one of the girls toward Kelly in Dolphins. It's exacerbated by the fact Kelly often does put her creative passions before her consideration for others. And yeah, that's just 1 character; Dolphins actually centers around a different heroine, though it's true that Kelly does help drive events since she's the gamemaster. But really, you have to play it for yourself to see.

Probably what I loved most in Dolphins (as a fan of femdom) is the fact that the heroines actually become more explicitly dominant in this one, for example, outright "accusing" (lightheartedly) Josh of being a foot fetishist while shoving their feet at him to get him to do something that will prove it. Josh even has a dream/nightmare sequence in which one of the girls is cruel and mocking toward him, treating him like someone to be used and discarded. In addition, the humor was top-tier in Dolphins... The scene where Kelly's sister crashes their party just to defiantly prove she's not a "normie" was hilarious.

---

(Old review comment from when I was less than halfway through the game)

This game is a direct sequel to https://f95zone.to/threads/crazy-gamemaster-v1-0-rpgcrazy.76695/ so anyone who hasn't should consider playing that one first.

What I said about the first game is true for the second. Very funny and sexy, with a lot of playful foot fetish scenes, and no directly sexual content yet.

However, this second game is promising, since the characters are being more open about talking about fetishes--Kelly says she's considering writing an erotic story--and the main romantic subplot is taking center stage already. Lots of character development is being foreshadowed. The presentation quality is also slowly improving as the creator gains more experience.