Creating a VN

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Your rendering skills are good and you know shading/texturing (the hair looks better than most). Kudos for an original character too, or at least one I haven't seen 20 times.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Thank you guys! I look forward to releasing the beginning, hopefully within the next month. You can find me on Patreon here . Until my first release all my posts will be public, so bookmark me and I'll keep you guys updated.

@carnalcardinal I can't say they are completely original. I have a ton of characters, so I will use the body from one with the head of another, then morph them into my own. Then I use the textures from another, replace the eyes, brows, and makeup with better packages that I downloaded. Basicly I try to make them look different than anything out there. I do have a couple of downloaded ones that I will probably use with almost no changes just because I liked them so much, but they're side characters.

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
@Chatterbox I mean, that's literally more effort than a lot of devs. Some Daz Published Artists have good morphs, while others have good eyes, and others have good skin textures. Looking forward to see what you put out

Reactions: Palanto
D

Dr PinkCake

Great looking render! I wish you good luck! The start of the journey you're about to embark upon is really scary. The first time clicking that upload button will make your stomach turn. But don't worry, it gets much easier the second time and it's really fun seeing people comment on your game.
Advice I can give you are: polish your patreon site to represent you and your work well (study other successful devs), make sure that you have a good amount of quality content for your first release and polish the game as much as possible (check grammar, fix bugs, perform external beta testing).
I'm looking forward to try it! Cheers

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
@Chatterbox I am willing to be "that guy" for you. First, good render, I like the model, perfectly acceptable.

Question, what age are you going for here? The clothes to me say 18, but the face looks older. I think it's something about the eyes and the lines around her nose. So if you were shooting for someone at least in their 20s, it's probably fine. If she is supposed to be close to 18, I can't help but feel like she could be more youthful.

Second thing is the shiny areas most notably on the neck and midriff. It looks a bit odd, can't really tell what's going on.

Any chance you could render the model up close, say from the top of her shirt up? I think it would give me a better look.

Also, good luck with the VN.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Chatterbox I am willing to be "that guy" for you. First, good render, I like the model, perfectly acceptable.

Question, what age are you going for here? The clothes to me say 18, but the face looks older. I think it's something about the eyes and the lines around her nose. So if you were shooting for someone at least in their 20s, it's probably fine. If she is supposed to be close to 18, I can't help but feel like she could be more youthful.

Second thing is the shiny areas most notably on the neck and midriff. It looks a bit odd, can't really tell what's going on.

Any chance you could render the model up close, say from the top of her shirt up? I think it would give me a better look.

Also, good luck with the VN.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@GuyFreely Thanks for pointing that out. The lines were just because she had somewhat of a smile on her face. The light spots were because I forgot to turn off the camera light that was shining on her in addition to the three point spot lights on her. Your comments made me take a much closer look at her and I found a problem. I had a different skin on her face than her body. I'm not sure how I did that, but it's fixed now. Here is that closeup with the correct skin textures. Ignore the weird dark lines on her forehead. They are caused by the hair, but I haven't been able to figure out why that is happening yet.

Lexi 3.1.jpg

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
@GuyFreely Thanks for pointing that out. The lines were just because she had somewhat of a smile on her face. The light spots were because I forgot to turn off the camera light that was shining on her in addition to the three point spot lights on her. Your comments made me take a much closer look at her and I found a problem. I had a different skin on her face than her body. I'm not sure how I did that, but it's fixed now. Here is that closeup with the correct skin textures. Ignore the weird dark lines on her forehead. They are caused by the hair, but I haven't been able to figure out why that is happening yet.

View attachment 108701
Gotcha. Looks like you cleared some things up. Is that Sophia hair? I haven't seen this issue. I assume it goes away if the hair is invisible? I notice you have a different color pattern on there, might be related? Just spitballin'

Jai Ho

May 31, 2017
@GuyFreely Thanks for pointing that out. . Ignore the weird dark lines on her forehead. They are caused by the hair, but I haven't been able to figure out why that is happening yet.

View attachment 108701
I had the exact same thing happen before (on different hair). I have deleted the hair and put it back and it was fixt. This weekend I just ended up increasing the scale on the bangs to resolve it.

Modzso

Nephle on board!
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
Looks great! But allow me a question: Does she has big breast too, or medium? Or even small? I can not figure out which one. :confounded:
By the way good luck for your game, and I'm waiting to test it! :)

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I'm not good at guessing cup size. I'd say big, but not cartoon big. Probably large C cup, maybe small D cup.

La_Pucelle

Pending Deletion
Jun 6, 2018
Is the bedroom her bedroom? It seems a little 'mature' and sooo clean. When I was in late teens early 20's I still had posters on the walls and clothes on the floor, haha

D

Dr PinkCake

View attachment 108701
Hey I can help you with that issue. I've had them myself. What the issue is: The hairline is clipping the skin. What you need to do: Increase the forehead size of the hair shape by a few percent (3-7% usually does it). Use the Auxilliary viewport when doing this to quickly find the sweet spot.

Chatterbox

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I really haven't assigned bedrooms to the characters yet. I have quite a few available, and will definitely keep that in mind. The posters I can get. The mess....not sure how to create that yet.