• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Creating new body morph for character with Headlights and New Gens

NightCat99

Jul 27, 2023
Hi,

I know how to make a morph for a character by exporting the body as obj, editing it in Blender, and then using morph loader to add the morph in Daz.

But for a character that already has gens on, this doesn't work because the gens create a 'hole' or 'missing mesh' in the nipple or crotch area. And for some reason that causes the "geometry doesn't match" error when trying to add the new morph, even though I exported the character with mesh holes and worked with that.

Is there a way to temporarily remove that hole without deleting the gens?

I wanna avoid having to remove the gens and then hacing to add them after the morh because I did quite some tweaks to the gens.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
No thats not possible.

Morphs work by changing a base mesh into a new form. The amount of vertices of the morph need to be exactly the same as the base mesh. For characters this means the morph needs to follow the vertices of the base gen figures.

Base gen figures don't come with genitalia, so morphs for the Base figure cannot come with genitalia either.

NightCat99

Jul 27, 2023
I just figured it out :) !

Must delete the gens without saving of course. Hide hair, brows, etc. And then export the genless character to edit in Blender.

Then the resulting obj exported from Blender, can be loaded as a morph by going to Daz and selecting the character only, even if it has the gens on while loading the morph.

Cheers

Reactions: osanaiko