88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
The game will probably never leave the game over route.
I play only Vampire Route. Becouse I love Vampires. I hate Vampires Hunters so much. Too bad. I suspects The deve is pro Vampires Hunters and he in love with Game Over so much.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Submissions for Round 4 of the user submitted contest are now closed. I will be reviewing submissions over the next two days and decide on 3 of them for you to vote for. The poll should be up in just a couple of days.

This week I began writing a full walkthrough of Crimson Veil 2.3! I've noticed a ton of people getting confused about where to go at certain points or how to get certain endings or images in their picture gallery. This guide will cover all of that. Everything from hidden items you may not have found to boss health and strategies, story, etc. I'm about half way through writing it, and I want to fit it with images and stuff to make it even easier to follow. Once it's done, it will be available for everyone to download for free.

I also want to mention that this past Tuesday, I finally hit my goal of reaching 100 Patrons. Thank you all so much for your support and as I promised, I gave a 4 weeks notice to my boss that I would be resigning from my current night job. I gave them more than the usual 2 weeks, since I'm not immediately starting a new job and I am in no hurry. My position isn't the easiest to find a replacement for. My coworkers and boss have been great to me all this time and I want this transition to go smoothly for them.

As of February 8, I am a free man. I want to introduce some positive change into my life before I jump back into the work force and live a little. Diet, exercise, getting to enjoy the sun for a change, that sort of thing. I'm going to be an uncle in about a month and a half and I'm am so excited to be able to be with my family once my nephew is born. There's plenty to look forward to so far this year and I'm feeling really happy. Let's keep this momentum up!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I just finished writing the entire walkthrough and man, what a project! The whole guide ended up being nearly 60 pages long with all of the pictures and text I included. I'm really proud with how the guide came out! It's easily labeled for you to jump to the section you want to read, collectible items are all in bold, locations of Pics for the gallery are highlighted, and overall, I think I did a quality job with this! I hope you like it!

While working on the guide, I did go back and fix some things in the game that were bothering me as well as some bugs that were reported to me after 2.3 was released. 2.3.1 is releasing alongside the walkthrough and the changelog is updated in the game folder if you want to see the specifics of what has changed. The links are up on my Patreon now for everyone to download!

I still haven't gotten the chance to read through all of the submissions sent to me for the contest, but I'm going to take a quick break and read through them all and decide by tonight. The poll should be up soon.

Walkthrough Link:

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
The guide is extremely useful and much appreciated. One thing I am wondering though that you did not seem to say anything about in the guide is the fight with Dorian himself. Is the fight with him unwinnable and once you go into the room with him you are locked to the vampire route? So the only way to not go on the vampire route is to completely ignore the Dealer's side quest? How do you get the Dawn Stone to upgrade your whip if not from the Dealer?

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
mkrudesign
Hi man! thanks for the Vampire Route. If I can speak or make same request on this Routh, ant wht I wish see in the route, but I know you never gonna aswer me on my hopes in Vampire Route. But i prefer shut my mouth and keep to my self. Thanks for neve give me a answer, it's really too sad.

appollac

Sep 24, 2017
So is it possible to defeat Dorian? I've tried many times to beat him, but he seems invincible.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
The guide is extremely useful and much appreciated. One thing I am wondering though that you did not seem to say anything about in the guide is the fight with Dorian himself. Is the fight with him unwinnable and once you go into the room with him you are locked to the vampire route? So the only way to not go on the vampire route is to completely ignore the Dealer's side quest? How do you get the Dawn Stone to upgrade your whip if not from the Dealer?
Currently, he is meant to be unbeatable and the dawn stone, while in the game's files, is not obtainable. Dorian is meant to be like a super boss that you can take down near the end of the game to obtain the Dawn Stone from Dealer. I didn't include battle data on Dorian for that reason, but once I adjust him to make him beatable, I'll obviously update the guide.

On a side note that I think is really funny, one of my testers actually managed to beat him! I was like how the hell??! Lol for the record, if you do beat him, the game just softlocks, so don't do that :)

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
mkrudesign
Hi man! thanks for the Vampire Route. If I can speak or make same request on this Routh, ant wht I wish see in the route, but I know you never gonna aswer me on my hopes in Vampire Route. But i prefer shut my mouth and keep to my self. Thanks for neve give me a answer, it's really too sad.
I've read your posts and I'm not sure what it is you want me to add to the vampire route? This route is still in the early stages which is why it's currently so bare. I realize you aren't a fan of Bad Endings, but that is what I have decided to base my game on, and I don't have any plans to remove them as the focus of the game. The main route will always be the vampire hunter route.

When I started this project, I had a story in mind that I wanted to tell. With the community's help, I've been able to expand the scope of the game to something much greater than I ever intended, but I never planned to abandon my original story. If you would like to make a suggestion or give a critique, that's perfectly fine, but please do not spam this thread complaining that the game isn't catered to your tastes.

Reactions: 88Michele88

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I've read your posts and I'm not sure what it is you want me to add to the vampire route? This route is still in the early stages which is why it's currently so bare. I realize you aren't a fan of Bad Endings, but that is what I have decided to base my game on, and I don't have any plans to remove them as the focus of the game. The main route will always be the vampire hunter route.

When I started this project, I had a story in mind that I wanted to tell. With the community's help, I've been able to expand the scope of the game to something much greater than I ever intended, but I never planned to abandon my original story. If you would like to make a suggestion or give a critique, that's perfectly fine, but please do not spam this thread complaining that the game isn't catered to your tastes.
I aprecid it. End Yes I really hate game Over. i wished Mila will be able remberd who wase before without turn her vitcim in vampire or ghoul. I wishh the will be the chance to spre the like we do it with Bianca. Too bad I gonna play only Vampire Routh, Vampires Hunter isn't for me. And she vampire in Hunter Route, she will more amezing, she ge couth and the hunters give the choise help the or fight fore her life and freedom, without killing tham. But still. I keep my eyse on vampire route, i hope we can find new ally in that mistery shadow whe we see him/her in the HQ in riuns. I hope in ally.

qp39dmzxfg243

Nov 23, 2017
Currently, he is meant to be unbeatable and the dawn stone, while in the game's files, is not obtainable. Dorian is meant to be like a super boss that you can take down near the end of the game to obtain the Dawn Stone from Dealer. I didn't include battle data on Dorian for that reason, but once I adjust him to make him beatable, I'll obviously update the guide.

On a side note that I think is really funny, one of my testers actually managed to beat him! I was like how the hell??! Lol for the record, if you do beat him, the game just softlocks, so don't do that :)
Yeah that's more or less what I figured when I read your guide and didn't mention anything about him like his hp or strategy to face him at all. I attempted him a few times and despite doing a good amount of damage (a lot more than any other boss took that's for sure) I couldn't kill him so I was like okay either I'm missing an ability or something or it's just impossible. Thanks for getting back to me on that.

Reactions: mkrudesign

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Crimson Veil v2.4.0.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you can import save files provided by the dev, when starting a new game and no other save files are present.
the walkthrough(v2.3.1) is accessible from the game menu.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of Crimson Veil v2.3.1.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you can import save files provided by the dev, when starting a new game and no other save files are present.
the walkthrough is accessible from the game menu.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Haha I wish I had an android phone to check this out! Really cool, thanks!

Reactions: the66

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
UPDATE!! 1/19/20 + Contest Winner!

The winner for Round 4 of the user submitted contract contest is...

Serpentine Skincare Session!
Congratulations to the winner and I hope you will look forward to your idea being added to the game!
Back in Mid October, I introduced an idea of offering commissions to people who would like to see me design an enemy of theirs to be added into the game as a stand alone encounter.
By that, I meant that it would be a one time encounter with the enemy, (completely self contained from the rest of the plot or side quests) you would fight it and get a reward, or lose to see the lewd scene. Many of you seemed interested in this idea at the time and it would be a way for me to incorporate more of the community's ideas into the game, without having to spend a lot of time making quest lines.

I have a link to that original post here if you are interested. I go into more detail there:

Alternatively, I have decided to make it so that you can have me design a Vampire Hunter for Mila's vampire route instead. I can design a hunter to your specifications. It can even be an OC of yours that you would like to see vamped by Mila. The catch is that this OC must be a human character so that it doesn't clash with the rest of the world I've set up. The player will of course have the option to choose whether to turn the hunter into a vampire or a ghoul during the game. This is another way for those interested in leaving their own mark can help support me while adding in their personal touch to the world of Crimson Veil.
For the upcoming version 2.4, I have extra time to take on these commissions, so I will be opening 2 slots for anyone that is interested in a commission.

For the character art, bad ending art/biting art, and writing I would charge $65. All of the commissions must be approved by me before they are accepted.

If you are interested, I will ONLY be responding to requests sent to me via direct message on Patreon or to my email maikeruurashima@hotmail.com. I post these updates on many sites at once and I don't want your request to be lost in the shuffle. It's just easier for me to manage the conversation that way.
Have a wonderful week, everyone!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Nearly done with the all of the artwork for the first user quest. I was a bit unsure about the sketches at first, but seeing them in color changed my mind on them. I think they came out quite nicely. Here's a preview of the Bee Worker enemy in color:

There are also a few variations I made for this enemy as well, so it won't look like you're fighting a bunch of clones, like with the vampire hunters.

One issue that does worry me a bit is the sprite art for these enemies and the upcoming Lamia enemies. I've stated before that sprite art isn't my thing and that I have been searching for a sprite artist that would be willing to help me make these characters. I can do minor adjustments to sprites, but when it comes to changing major things, like the Bee Tushies or the Lamia's Tail, I have no idea how I'm going to achieve that yet. If you are a sprite artist or happen to know one who is looking for paid work, please let me know.

Lastly, I've got another poll available right now! Which if these four gals would you like to see have their bad ending updated with bite art?

The choices are:

• Bianca
  • Iris
  • Evelyn
  • Karen
The poll will end on Wednesday, 1/29/20 so be sure to get your vote in by then! Until next week everyone!

Reactions: CLDꝜ and fanboi

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

Bianca!

It was a very close race between her and Iris, but Bianca managed to pull through during this round! I'll be updating her ending and working on some spicy art for her really soon!

Thanks to everyone for voting!

Reactions: fanboi

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Art for the first user contest is complete! Here's a preview of the main boss of this quest, Betty.

She will found in a new area hidden in Humilem Woods, along with her cohorts. This area is well hidden and thus can only be accessed when you receive a map from the quest giver. It will give you the exact directions, there's no need to worry about getting lost.

Betty has a kind demeanor on the surface, but is currently looking for more able bodies to join her collective. Messing with this bee's nest is a bad idea, unless you're looking to get stung...

I've also gotten in touch with a sprite artist who may be able to assist me with some character sprites. Nothing is confirmed and we have just been shooting ideas back and forth. With any luck, I should have additional help with some of the ore complicated character sprites!

I'm going to get started on some new sketches to share with you guys next week! Until next time, have a good one!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
UPDATE FROM MY PATREON!

As I'm writing this, I am on my final shift for my night job. In just a few hours, I'll be free. I've already mentioned it several times, but I want thank my Patrons so much helping to push me to this point!

As an added thanks, I'm throwing in a small bonus for this update: Bianca's ending will be getting an additional illustration AND the runner up for the last round of voting will be having bite art added to her ending! Yup, Iris is getting an updated ending as well! All of Bianca's art is finalized and all of my Patrons can check out the completed illustrations right now! These were really fun to make!

Additionally, since I will no longer be a nocturnal worker, my weekly update time will be changing. I usually post these updates on Sunday morning, 2 AM EST, but since I am trying to fix my sleep schedule, I will begin posting these later in the evening instead. I am aware that I can schedule posts on Patreon (I often do schedule my updates), but I also like to post these weekly updates at the same time on other outlets. These other outlets do not have scheduled posting unfortunately, and for the sake of keeping my updates consistent everywhere, I'm changing the time they go up. I haven't decided the exact time yet, but regardless, you'll still be getting these updates each week as usual.

I'm going to have quite a bit more free time on my hands for a bit. I want to get started on some art for the 3.0 story update. The ideas are fresh in my mind and I have a wave of inspiration flowing through me right now! I want to get a head start on the art for that update because, there's going to be quite a bit to it, if it all comes together how I want it to!

Another reminder, commissions are still open if you would like to add your OC as a hunter for the vampire path or add a vampire/monster girl as a singular encounter to the game. 2 Slots still remain! If you want more commission info, check out my previous post here:

Once again, thank you to all my supporters and especially all of my Patrons! You are all the best! See you again next week!

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes