4.60 star(s) 29 Votes

megalol

Engaged Member
Modder
Game Compressor
Apr 3, 2017

Crisis Point: Extinction v0.47 Major Changes and Features:
-The ability to recolor Alicia using unlockable color palettes has been added
-Some H-scenes were given an update/overhaul (like the Warped Soldier H-scenes)
-Alicia's gun's design and color scheme now changes based on your equipped blaster chips
-A new trigger type has been added, the Snipe Trigger (no unique visual yet; our plans for this one are a bit more unique than the others so it'll have to wait until v0.48)
-All cutscenes have been updated with dynamic camera movement and zooms, to make them more cinematic and interesting
-All cutscenes have been added to a Gallery in the main menu, for easy re-viewing
-Zoom during H-scenes has been updated to zoom smoothly instead of instantly

aisareteinai

Nov 3, 2022
It works fine on Steam Deck, but may require a bit of setup (I'm not running through Proton for some reason). I just went through a complete playthrough of 0.46 a few days ago.
To get the game to run on Proton, you need to use Protontricks to install d3dcompiler_43, or else the game will crash shortly into the cutscene where Alicia wakes up.

Aerrae

Apr 26, 2020
Damn guys, him reading some of this stuff isn't going to cure his depression either.
I get it's frustrating, I was a patron on and off as well but this isn't helping him. Even if we never get the game, idk doesn't seem right to talk this way about someone with mental ailments.

I wouldn't want to have clinical depression. I had regular temporary depression for a while and that was AWFUL. Let's try to be kind, even if we don't end up with what we want. I wish the dude the best and if this is all 30 bucks got me, I won't cry blood.
Giving him some praise for the small steps in overcoming literally his own mind fighting against him everyday, I think that might be more effective too. Still might not get you what you want, but at least you won't be making anything worse.

-MK-

Aug 24, 2020
Damn guys, him reading some of this stuff isn't going to cure his depression either.
I get it's frustrating, I was a patron on and off as well but this isn't helping him. Even if we never get the game, idk doesn't seem right to talk this way about someone with mental ailments.

I wouldn't want to have clinical depression. I had regular temporary depression for a while and that was AWFUL. Let's try to be kind, even if we don't end up with what we want. I wish the dude the best and if this is all 30 bucks got me, I won't cry blood.
Giving him some praise for the small steps in overcoming literally his own mind fighting against him everyday, I think that might be more effective too. Still might not get you what you want, but at least you won't be making anything worse.
I just wanted to updoot this more than once.
anon42s game is already worth 40 bucks. $10 gets you a legit copy. $0 gets you the same things a few days/weeks later when the pirates post it here. bitchin that your favorite game isn't getting more content on the free-fifty pirate site that's blatantly, and admittedly stealing his content is NOT the way to go, bro. even if he IS cool about it.

and to anon42: love you bro. keep up the good work as much as you can. you're awesome, and your shit is awesome. thanks for being you. and thanks for being cool.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
I know this thing got updated... But abandon tag when? No, seriously. When?

The fact there are more technical remixes & galleria showcases than concrete overall progression within the span of 2 years demonstrates to me he's run out of inspiration for this project and is ready to move onto the next. This whole project is starting to feel like a retread of Future Fragments: too much writing & dialogue, a project scope that becomes opaque over time, and feels more like a sprite portfolio advertisement than a Metroid platformer.

My advice for him is to either commit to this project on a smaller scale, or drop everything and take his ball to go deal with real life because it looks like he has his own... Crisis Point.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

dodactem

May 4, 2018
I know this thing got updated... But abandon tag when? No, seriously. When?

The fact there are more technical remixes & galleria showcases than concrete overall progression within the span of 2 years demonstrates to me he's run out of inspiration for this project and is ready to move onto the next. This whole project is starting to feel like a retread of Future Fragments: too much writing & dialogue, a project scope that becomes opaque over time, and feels more like a sprite portfolio advertisement than a Metroid platformer.

My advice for him is to either commit to this project on a smaller scale, or drop everything and take his ball to go deal with real life because it looks like he has his own... Crisis Point.
Well, considering that the dev does still regularly post on Patreon in regard to the game, I'd say that defies the definition of abandonment. There are many games that have been abandoned, and this isn't one of them. It's really obnoxious to see games with abandoned tag that still get updates.

Jun 28, 2019
Anyone want to tell me the info to get this skill point above? It's in the western catacombs area, I have all the gadgets except for that bottom right one, I assume thats not movement based though.

I managed to get it by pogoing off of a flying enemy, took forever and a lot of luck.

Last edited:

Zi0_Matrix

Jan 14, 2024
Well, considering that the dev does still regularly post on Patreon in regard to the game, I'd say that defies the definition of abandonment. There are many games that have been abandoned, and this isn't one of them. It's really obnoxious to see games with abandoned tag that still get updates.
Iirc the abandoned tag on F95 is only for games that haven't been updated on the forums in over a year.
You can be as active on Patreon/Substar/Twitter/MySpace all you want, but if something new isn't posted here in a long while, you get the tag.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Iirc the abandoned tag on F95 is only for games that haven't been updated on the forums in over a year.
You can be as active on Patreon/Substar/Twitter/MySpace all you want, but if something new isn't posted here in a long while, you get the tag.
There is no need to speculate about F95's definition of "abandoned"; it can be found in section 4 here. It has nothing to do with whether it's been uploaded to the forums.

Reactions: srg91

ferus

May 22, 2017

1712956374236.png
Get over yourself and stop making excuses for him. If he really was ill he would take his project down and disappear. Its really sad how gullible some people are.

aisareteinai

Nov 3, 2022
View attachment 3534573
Get over yourself and stop making excuses for him. If he really was ill he would take his project down and disappear. Its really sad how gullible some people are.
Contrary to popular belief, money does not cause happiness, nor does it cause mental health issues to go away.
And are you kidding me? "he should take the project down and disappear" There would be even more shit-flinging from people like you who are already complaining that he's "stealing money" and has "nothing to show."

dijitz23

Feb 19, 2021
View attachment 3534573
Get the hell over your ownself. He's right depression is awful and acting like he's not because he didn't take everything down is absolutely moronic. You know people handle issues like that differently right? The fact that they came back and made an update shows they are atleast trying, or maybe to you someone not depressed unless you completely give up on everything and try to commit suicide. It's really sad how ignorant people really are on the fact that everyone handles shit differently.

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Alright. After replaying this for a third time (I keep losing my saves, lol), I managed to pick almost all upgrades available. Still, I got few and some map sections I couldn't get/discover bc underwater movement (no dash while underwater). I want to ask if someone can help me with those (I'm leaving a draft if that helps a bit).
Underwater map.PNG

Reactions: Beats9821
4.60 star(s) 29 Votes