Ren'Py CuckTales [v0.0.3] [Late Night Studios]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Wilwock

Sep 26, 2021
What is a good game with a good story in your opinion? Like an example of a game you played that had a good story.
Well as far as the NTR genre goes, Holdcraft Chronicles: Aki is really good, Kibo: Slowfall is also pretty good, and A Couple's Duet of Love & Lust is good too. I haven't played much of the latest releases but the King of Summer was good from what I played.

It's not so much that you need some big interesting story, it's more about how the characters interact and if it feels believable or not. The same principles apply to all genres (except comedy I guess).

Reactions: Sean Poon

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
so, what to say?
- gay stuff should be optional if u want more people to play it.
- sandbox right now is quite boring. I think u could skip some of it. so, if we click on a npc and the next thing should be to go home, just take us there immediately. that will make the experience better.
- narrative. right now we are letting a "doll" getting fucked by an angry dude.
theres no build-up, theres no logic, theres to emotions. u pair two dolls and they start fucking.
not that hot if u ask me.

chipsiup

Aug 12, 2016
I quite like the concept, I like the openly slutty girlfriend and the closeted bi subby bf. But... the writing feels a very off right now.

Is English not your first language? Grammatically things are more or less correct but there's a lot of little things that are just strange.

For example:
- Girlfriend starts the game off saying she wants to meet the neighbours, I thought this meant going to the apartment but she meant visit the mall? I rolled-back the text and the mall was never mentioned before.
- MC says "I don't have pockets in my khaki shorts" even though the art clearly shows him having pockets, and the GF reaching into them, but she's somehow reaching directly to touch his dick? It would make sense if he had a hole in the pockets and wasn't wearing underwear, but that was never said.
- Girlfriend finds the phone and says "I never knew it was in your phone pocket." What the heck is a phone pocket? Did you mean his jacket pocket?
- Girlfriend first said "Fast food? Fuck no, I'm not a cheapsake" earlier but then later said "Fast food's fineeeee, we have the money." These two things contradict and don't make sense.

This might sound like just nitpicking, but the main thing I'm getting at is that everything feels a little bit OFF. Like this is just half-step away from how real people talk and interact, I could believe it if you said an AI wrote the script.

So far it's more or less something I can ignore, but then the story gets REALLY weird when the Bull Phone shows up. And now I have no idea what to think. Is this a magical phone? Is the MC hallucinating? Why does he not act more freaked out? The fact that the characters were already a little weird to begin with makes the un-reality of the Bull Phone really really confusing. It's not well established, and just pulls me out of the story entirely.

It doesn't help that this is the start of the free-roam section of the game. The MC said he had classes early, but you can't actually go to school, the only object the game has is to visit the butcher again. We're given very little direction on what the players are supposed to do, and absolutely no understandable motivation for why characters behave the way they do.

Which is a shame, like I said I like the concept, but it's hard to get invested in the story as it is written right now.

redhatter

May 24, 2017
Get over yourself. I am extremely annoyed that this is even marked as gay when 99% of content is straight. You don't see us gays crying and whining because we have to see a fuck ton of vagina in the games here marked as "gay". Oh wow you had to see some drawn dicks once in the beginning of the game before any gameplay...
Lol calm down, I didn't say remove it just make sure it is clear in the tags. Which at the time it wasn't.

dontcarewhateverno

Jan 25, 2021
Disappointing with the name that this isn't a Disney-themed lewd NTR game & MC's name isn't Scrooge McCuck, with three nieces LewdMe, DoMe and ScrewMe. Figured he might be diving through a creampie bin that is his wife's stretched-out vagina. :unsure:

dontcarewhateverno

Jan 25, 2021
Lol calm down, I didn't say remove it just make sure it is clear in the tags. Which at the time it wasn't.
Oh Dear me!! You are going to upset the whining anti Hetero Wokists!!!! The Dev giving us option to turn it off will also upset those same tantrum throwing whingers.
This is really just a case of F95Zone's tag options being often useless & uninformative. Lesbian, for instance, can mean one chick licks a clit for a second in the whole game while being banged in all holes by dudes through the majority of it.

They've had this year+ long project to rework all tags but I don't expect it implemented any time soon & once it is, I'm not sure how much of an improvement it'll be.

dontcarewhateverno

Jan 25, 2021
I do think there's a lot of potential here though if you sit down and carefully plan the story out from the beginning. Good luck (y)
Knowing the track record of most games on F95Zone, what you see writing-wise at the start is often what you're gonna get throughout, with very few exceptions.

dontcarewhateverno

Jan 25, 2021
I liked the jokes on the name. Unfortunately, this game kind of blows & I'm not just talking about MC and his girlfriend. "Hey sir. Let me find your pork chop so you can bang my girlfriend." WTF? :LOL:

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote