• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Cultural Replay: A Culture Shock Fanwork [v0.32] [Palos69]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
What do you mean its a rewrite? all of the renders are just ripped from the original game, your literally just trying to make money off the original authors work. When other devs make fan games they change up the renders but use the same models, this is just plagiarism and i hope the dev of the original game and/or the mods remove this trash from the site.
It'll never be paywalled. And it will continue to be released for free while we wait for more content from the original game.

I talked to the mods already, and this thread was the result of that decision. If they want to take it back retroactively or move it to somewhere else, they are free to do so. And if the original dev wants to use any of my refactored code or script changes, they can have it. I already sent them documentation on the bug fixes and how to replicate some of the feature adds.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
What do you mean its a rewrite? all of the renders are just ripped from the original game, your literally just trying to make money off the original authors work. When other devs make fan games they change up the renders but use the same models, this is just plagiarism and i hope the dev of the original game and/or the mods remove this trash from the site.
The dev already gave them permission. Also, they are adding in fan art, and also rewriting the dialogue, adding in new code, bugfixes (which the dev hasn't done for years at this point) and again this is all with original dev's permission.

and what has changed from the original and this fan game that I did not see?
Also, they are adding in fan art, and also rewriting the dialogue, adding in new code, bugfixes (which the dev hasn't done for years at this point).

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
Chefy2003 hey, i'm also a fan of Power Vaccum, but i don't remember that gif being in the game. it could be that my memory is shit, and i don't remember that it is in the game.

anyway, Culture Shock is an amazing game, and i welcome more of it
It's one of the bonus videos he started making after he stopped doing the What Ifs

Reactions: Kitiuuu

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
and what has changed from the original and this fan game that I did not see?
I try to post all the major changes in the changelog on the first post. It may not seem like it, but according to my GitHub repo, 60-80% of all the dialogue has been touched for the released days. I think a lot of fans look at the later updates as when the writing quality dropped, but some of the earlier game is really rough. An example I've brought up before is the initial Karla scene on the beach. The original scene is nonsensical. Fixing the grammar was also a major goal of the project, which probably isn't as noticeable.

I think the biggest change so far is with the sister. Try getting her relationship score up to 6 (this may be tuned later) before Day 5. A lot of the "new" content right now is limited to the BETA path, because that's what the fanart renders are for the most part. And I'm decoupling a lot of content from being hardcoded at certain parts of the story, so if the game seems exactly the same now, it shouldn't in the future.

Last edited:

gilgamesh9

Sep 10, 2019
Replay is pretty accurate. Felt like i was playing the original game im not attentive enough to notice the little things as they aren't as important imo.

Reactions: Palos69

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
Replaced the download links with a bugfix version in the OP.
Palos69 Also report game updates, so that uploaders or modders know when to update and promote your thread.
It is recommended to provide a changelog with changes for each update. Bugfixes or a lack of content in the update can't be promoted.

Last edited:

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Replaced the download links with a bugfix version in the OP.
Palos69 Also report game updates, so that uploaders or modders know when to update and promote your thread.
It is recommended to provide a changelog with changes for each update. Bugfixes or a lack of content in the update can't be promoted.
That's why I was unsure of what to do, since it was just a bugfix. So I can still report it, but it just won't be promoted then?

Do I still need to report it now? Or was it handled already in this case?

Supreme_Evil

⸸ БѢСЪ ⸸
Uploader
Oct 16, 2020
So I can still report it, but it just won't be promoted then?
Yes, you can report just bugfixes and your thread still will be updated, just not promoted. Also threads can be promoted once per 2 weeks, that's one of the rules for promotion, besides bugfixes and a lack of content.

Do I still need to report it now? Or was it handled already in this case?
No, it's already fixed. So don't worry about it.

Reactions: Palos69

Mendo00

Jul 1, 2020
Palos69 Am I miss remembering or did you get in a scene in the old game on the Beta path when the Aunt and Mom are discussing her date with the guy from the beach? A flashback description. In this version the MC gets told to stop eavesdropping regardless of points.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Palos69 Am I miss remembering or did you get in a scene in the old game on the Beta path when the Aunt and Mom are discussing her date with the guy from the beach? A flashback description. In this version the MC gets told to stop eavesdropping regardless of points.
Yes, that scene is getting repurposed for later. I just didn't think it made sense where it was. I thought it was too cartoonish that the Mom and Aunt were having such a nonchalant but incredibly graphic conversation. When we get to that point, I'm going to either let the Aunt use it as a taunt while she jerks the MC off or into an actual sex scene where the MC is spying on her and Lucas.

Last edited:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Alright so good banner choice, as Sophie is the best girl (and criminally underutilised) and Emma's beta scenes are probably the best ones in the game. I find myself largely uninterested in the mother and sister in the game.

If we're talking requested features then the 2 most obvious would be having a gallery (and none of that typing in a code nonsense). And have a togglable option to give the kinda stuff walkthrough mods add (show points changes and important decisions).
This is solely the reason I kept any interest in the original- Emma. If you've played this, does she have more or less stuff here?

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
My friends,
I developed a simple WT Mod for Cultural Replay. I really liked Culture Shock and I think it's great that Palos69 has developed a fan remake. This Mod, as is my custom, is based on the Alpha route. All game decisions remain but the Mod emphasizes the non-NTR content. In case it helps anyone, I hope you enjoy it.

2024-03-11: My friends, Dev says that the game now has its own WT, I'm going to review it, but mine may no longer be needed. Please remember that my Mod is based on the Alpha route and there may be little content in this version. Please DM me if you want me to continue my WT of the Alpha route, but, as always, allowing you to see all the scenes with a simple decision.
Almost 2024-03-12: My friends, Dev did an excellent job with the WT Mod but, as my dad used to say, there is always room for improvement. Dev also made a lot of changes in the code, especially in the names of the variables. So, unfortunately, the old saves are not going to work. The saves from version 0.2 can be deleted. You have to start over and what's better than restarting the game using my Mod. As I mentioned previously, the Mod is oriented to the alpha path but you can see all the scenes. This is not a spoiler, Dev already mentioned it in another post: including the scenes between Tracy and the MC from version 0.25. All of them. Speaking of scenes, I left you a gift, a bonus. I found some footage of Tracy and MC that wasn't being used so I included it in the final scene. Later, please tell me if you like my present.
Almost 2024-04-16: Mod for Cultural Replay v0.3 updated! Palos69 Dev has made several modifications to the code since the beginning of the game, therefore old saves will not work. As always, the Mod is oriented towards the Alpha route but it has all the decisions and even within the Alpha route you can see the Beta scenes. Taking advantage of the fact that I had to review all the code of the Mod anyway, I added some Beta scenes that were not in Mod v0.25. I hope you enjoy the Mod and please support Palos69 Dev so he can buy the software he needs.

Best regards,

Murray.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote