VN Ren'Py Cultural Replay: A Culture Shock Fanwork [v0.35][Palos69][Current Status: Day 12]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Who's your favorite girl?

• Total voters

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Do you have any specific suggestions on what would make it feel more real to you?
Honestly, there's only one thing I can think of and it's something beyond your capabilities at the moment. You would need to add an entire custom scene or two. If you are going to have the confession take place during that moment, then the MC and Sunny would need to have spent considerably more time together by that point with more options for gaining points with her and thus making requirements to unlock the girlfriend path higher. As it stands, the only socializing they do that is separate from the family at that point is when they are on the beach alone together or a few moments in the house. That's what makes it feel rushed. They have no interaction with each other alone before the confession. The Shower and Gym incidents are now after the confession, which makes the change to the relationship have no substance.

There's no build up to it, no signs of her growing attraction. It's just as sudden and out of character as in normal NTR games where the character who is a prude to you for 6 or 7 versions of the game turns into a complete slut in one choice on the NTR route. It makes no logical sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palos69

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Honestly, there's only one thing I can think of and it's something beyond your capabilities at the moment. You would need to add an entire custom scene or two. If you are going to have the confession take place during that moment, then the MC and Sunny would need to have spent considerably more time together by that point with more options for gaining points with her and thus making requirements to unlock the girlfriend path higher. As it stands, the only socializing they do that is separate from the family at that point is when they are on the beach alone together or a few moments in the house. That's what makes it feel rushed. They have no interaction with each other alone before the confession. The Shower and Gym incidents are now after the confession, which makes the change to the relationship have no substance.

There's no build up to it, no signs of her growing attraction. It's just as sudden and out of character as in normal NTR games where the character who is a prude to you for 6 or 7 versions of the game turns into a complete slut in one choice on the NTR route. It makes no logical sense.
Thank you for the well-explained feedback. It’s given me a few ideas. I’ll look into trying to fill that gap for the next release.

Making some of the sister scenes into a flexible, content pipeline seemed like a good idea at the time, but I may need to revert some of those changes.

Last edited:

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
The main character is also supposed to be reluctant. It's really apparent in some areas, but clearly not in others. I may need to re-look at those lines.
Please don't, it's one of the most annoying things people writing VNs do. They want an MC to seem reluctant but it almost always results in them seeming like a little bit of a bitch since eventually there are always scenes of them ineffectually trying to dissuade some aggressive LI from forcing themselves on the MC.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: 4rn4ld0 and Palos69

Nick198

Apr 24, 2021
Thank you for the well-explained feedback. It’s given me a few ideas. I’ll look into trying to fill that gap for the next release.

Making some of the sister scenes into a flexible, content pipeline seemed like a good idea at the time, but I may need to revert some of those changes.
Why did I play it once and feel like it's no different from the original?

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
Why did I play it once and feel like it's no different from the original?
I'm assuming you played the alpha route? I would say right now it's the most similar route to the original, if you don't do the rape choice on Day 8. I'm not sure what people expect, though. It was never supposed to be an entirely new experience, just a tighter one.

I actually replayed the original game a couple days ago and realized how little happens in the first half. Hell, I made a directory that sorts every scene by character in sequential order, and it made me realize how little happens in the game in general. I feel like Charlie from that "It's Always Sunny" meme.

I've expanded the scope of v0.40, as I'm rearranging things in some of the earlier days to make scene traversal less linear and tie some of the side girls more to the plot, but it's slow going. I'm also going to rewrite the sister again.

I'm settling on a plan to condense the game to about 25-30 playable days, as I've given up on trying to integrate everything. A lot of the content is driven by Patreon polls. I'm still having fun making sense of it all, but I honestly don't know how it will turn out in the end. The overarching plot I've come up with is ridiculous, and I'm sure some people will prefer the original.

Last edited:

Nick198

Apr 24, 2021
I'm assuming you played the alpha route? I would say right now it's the most similar route to the original, if you don't do the rape choice on Day 8. I'm not sure what people expect, though. It was never supposed to be an entirely new experience, just a tighter one.

I actually replayed the original game a couple days ago and realized how little happens in the first half. Hell, I made a directory that sorts every scene by character in sequential order, and it made me realize how little happens in the game in general. I feel like Charlie from that "It's Always Sunny" meme.

There is little to no main story.

There is no payoff or even acknowledgement for about 90% of the plot threads.

I've expanded the scope of v0.40, as I'm rearranging things in some of the earlier days to make scene traversal less linear and tie some of the side girls more to the plot, but it's slow going. I'm also going to rewrite the sister again.

I'm settling on a plan to condense the game to about 25-30 playable days, as I've given up on trying to integrate everything. A lot of the content is driven by Patreon polls. I'm still having fun making sense of it all, but I honestly don't know how it will turn out in the end. The overarching plot I've come up with is ridiculous, and I'm sure some people will prefer the original.
I just like the NTR route, I hate harem games, they are not exciting. But I hope you can create a different NTR plot. 1717301399936.jpeg

oohhh

Mar 29, 2022
The game is behind the main acts of marcus and sunny ...
but i dont see any diff in the original and this game ....

exsomon

May 11, 2020
one thing bugs me,
i hate NTR on, and still mc fucks Tracy
was not that suppose to happen in Alpha mod
what the fuck?

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
The game is behind the main acts of marcus and sunny ...
but i dont see any diff in the original and this game ....
The largest changes you'll see involve the rape choice on Day 8. The early half of the original game is very linear, but I've heard the same feedback enough, that I'm going to take a scalpel to it in the next version.

Thanks for giving it a try, though.

one thing bugs me,
i hate NTR on, and still mc fucks Tracy
was not that suppose to happen in Alpha mod
what the fuck?
I have no idea what you're saying here. The MC can force himself on the mother regardless of path. Not sure what that has to do with NTR.

Reactions: oohhh

oohhh

Mar 29, 2022
The largest changes you'll see involve the rape choice on Day 8. The early half of the original game is very linear, but I've heard the same feedback enough, that I'm going to take a scalpel to it in the next version.

I have no idea what you're saying here. The MC can force himself on the mother regardless of path. Not sure what that has to do with NTR.
rape choice on day 8 ?
need to play it again ... :D

panto

Nov 15, 2017

I am still a bit conscious of what the goal is here. If you are just taking a game and doing the same thing and no change to the story it is just pointless. It would be beneficial recreating different routes with characters rather than just pushing certain scenes sooner or later. Most of the dialogue and scene paths are the same from what i played. This is a perfect opportunity for you to expand the modelling route for Tracy and flesh out some of the character stories rather than just changing some days from the OG game. Tracy alpha fuck seemed way too rushed in my opinion and could have been more chemistry or bj before jumping straight to sex. This is a great NTR game and you could definitely expand more and with great dialogues! Wishing you the best mate.

Palos69

Game Developer
Feb 8, 2021
I am still a bit conscious of what the goal is here. If you are just taking a game and doing the same thing and no change to the story it is just pointless. It would be beneficial recreating different routes with characters rather than just pushing certain scenes sooner or later. Most of the dialogue and scene paths are the same from what i played. This is a perfect opportunity for you to expand the modelling route for Tracy and flesh out some of the character stories rather than just changing some days from the OG game. Tracy alpha fuck seemed way too rushed in my opinion and could have been more chemistry or bj before jumping straight to sex. This is a great NTR game and you could definitely expand more and with great dialogues! Wishing you the best mate.
Thank you for the feedback and the kind words.

The alpha mom fuck is only one path, there will be other entry points for the mother with different results if you don’t make that choice down the line. That scene is rape. The same renders will be used for a different scene for the mother when different choices are made.

I don’t plan on the game being linear. But I understand your point and I agree. Some storylines, modeling included, will get added retroactively as I get the frame of the story more in place. The episodic structure of my releases has made scene placement for all storylines difficult.

But I do think the changes for the beta path are more apparent, a lot of routes were opened for them. It’s like I said in the beginning, it’s easier to recontextualize alpha renders into beta, but not vice versa.

Now that I have a better grasp of the whole picture, I’m making some big changes to early days. One of my biggest gripes with the original game is how little some of the main girls interact with each other. Here’s an example of a custom scene I’m integrating into one of the early days for the next release.

IMG_0324.jpeg

Last edited:

panto

Nov 15, 2017
Thank you for the feedback and the kind words.

The alpha mom fuck is only one path, there will be other entry points for the mother with different results if you don’t make that choice down the line. I don’t plan on the game being linear. But I understand your point and I agree. Some storylines, modeling included, will get added retroactively as I get the frame of the story more in place. The episodic structure of my releases has made scene placement for all storylines difficult.

But I do think the changes for the beta path are more apparent, a lot of routes were opened for them. It’s like I said in the beginning, it’s easier to recontextualize alpha renders into beta, but not vice versa.

Now that I have a better grasp of the whole picture, I’m making some big changes to early days. One of my biggest gripes with the original game is how little some of the main girls interact with each other. Here’s an example of a custom scene I’m integrating into one of the early days for the next release.

View attachment 3708250
That is really good! Definitely some good opportunity here to flesh out some characters, dialogue & routes. Great ideas with the custom scenes too.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes