2.20 star(s) 13 Votes

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Can we avoid the rape tentacles I don't want to see and certainly don't want to let girls I'm interested in get violated by well anything other the mc

Just a personal preference just trying to figure out if I should keep watching this game or a avoid it because of content I don't like that is forced and can't be avoided?

Thank you for your time
I can second that though I wouldn't mind the option depending on my mood lol

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Because some people (like me) would prefer to know what we are getting into and 0.1 doesn't mean unplayable mess. Besides, 0 reviews is worse than some negative ones, because with 0 it means it isn't even worth to write few sentences and give rating.
Unless you or people like you are planning to change/re-evaluate your preview in the next updates, then you're qualifying and entire game based on the first attemtp that an amateur dev without any previous experience in game design could do.

Yeah, that definitely sounds smart...

ThompsonBalo

Jul 15, 2020
bruh why would someone give a review in a 0.1 game version
The same reason why someone would download this 0.1 version, to actually be able to play it. If a version of a game is so broken that you can`t even play it yet, that version is not ready to be launched and it doesn`t matter if it is 0.1 or not. The game as it is now is a waste of time and there needs to be not just implemented but also changed a lot to actually make it worth it, therefore people who read my review don`t have to download a game, waste their time and then be disappointed with it.

If you have read my review then you should also know that I very much acknowledged the fact that it is a 0.1 version and that I`m going to change the review when the game gets updated. So far the game is unchanged and so is the review. Normally with a game or program you have an alpha and a beta state, where the beta state is still far from finished but the first version that is good enough to be shown publicily. This game is far from being even a beta and I have played dozens of Betas, 0.1 versions of games etc. This is by far one of the worst "yet"

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
itch.io said:
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5.99 USD.

Extended Version includes a cave in which you can find additional gold, as well as the girl Mayu! Increased experience and gold coefficient by 15%

Full Version includes the same as the Extended Version, but Baphomet gives you a gift to choose from, as well as an extra girl named Angelana! Increased experience and gold coefficient by 30%
seriously?
paying extra money for slightly more XP? does this dev think he is games workshop or electronics arts?

the game itself is in pre-alpha stage but already trying to squeeze people for money.
Normally with a game or program you have an alpha and a beta state, where the beta state is still far from finished but the first version that is good enough to be shown publicily.
This is not what those words mean.
pre-alpha = broken mess that is unplayable
early-alpha = very incomplete. but what little there is is playable
alpha = incomplete but playable game
beta = complete game that will now undergo testing, bug fixing, and polish (polishing can involve rewriting portions of the game)
final = completed game

ever since gaming consoles started allowing the installation of patches over the internet big companies started releasing their games as beta or even late alpha. promising to finish the game later and failing to deliver on that promise.

early access games start selling when they are still in early-alpha stage

the typical 0.1 game you see here on F95 are in early alpha to regular alpha stage. and tend to stall in that stage forever either to milk patreons or because they fail to commercialize. Some actually finish and become a complete game.
when a v0.1 is released which is a broken mess though then it makes it a pre-alpha version

Last edited:

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
seriously?
paying extra money for slightly more XP? does this dev think he is games workshop or electronics arts?

the game itself is in pre-alpha stage but already trying to squeeze people for money.
What's your problem? It's up to the dev to choose how will he sell his game. If it is as shitty as you mention then no one will buy it and that's it. His game, his failure and his problem. Just ignore it and play other games.

You're in a pirate forum anyway, so if the full version is good enough it will eventually be leaked here so you and everyone else will get it for free. I don't see why getting so upset.

Reactions: madmax20 and Daiji

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
What's your problem? It's up to the dev to choose how will he sell his game. If it is as shitty as you mention then no one will buy it and that's it. His game, his failure and his problem. Just ignore it and play other games.

You're in a pirate forum anyway, so if the full version is good enough it will eventually be leaked here so you and everyone else will get it for free. I don't see why getting so upset.
In kindergarten you get told "if you have nothing to say shut your mouth". Kindergarten is wrong.
In the real world we have something called bad reviews where if you have bad things to say you say them.

Nobody is forcing me to buy the game...
But nobody is forcing you to read my comment and reply to it.
Why do you not just move on without replying to a comment you dislike?

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
In kindergarten you get told "if you have nothing to say shut your mouth". Kindergarten is wrong.
In the real world we have something called bad reviews where if you have bad things to say you say them.

Nobody is forcing me to buy the game...
But nobody is forcing you to read my comment and reply to it.
Why do you not just move on without replying to a comment you dislike?
To be honest, because I think that comments like yours are extremely hypocritical. People like you, complaining about what other people does just because it involves money, even when they aren't being afected in any way. Not only that, they will get the game from the dev they criticize so much as soon as the game gets leaked here.

Fun fact, I didn't even know what game this is. I literally had to check the comments in the first page to understand why I got notified about this, but I saw your comment and I feel like it was hypocritical enough to answer it.

By the way, there is a big difference in between being respectful and leave a bad review about the game like "it's too early/empty to even be called a game, 1 star." and not being respectful and calling the dev a squeezer/milker for the way the way he choose to sell his game.

Like, dude, stop doing the second thing while shielding under the concept of the first one. You aren't reviewing a game, you're insulting a person.

Reactions: madmax20 and Daiji

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
To be honest, because I think that comments like yours are extremely hypocritical. People like you, complaining about what other people does just because it involves money, even when they aren't being afected in any way. Not only that, they will get the game from the dev they criticize so much as soon as the game gets leaked here.

Fun fact, I didn't even know what game this is. I literally had to check the comments in the first page to understand why I got notified about this, but I saw your comment and I feel like it was hypocritical enough to answer it.

By the way, there is a big difference in between being respectful and leave a bad review about the game like "it's too early/empty to even be called a game, 1 star." and not being respectful and calling the dev a squeezer/milker for the way the way he choose to sell his game.

Like, dude, stop doing the second thing while shielding under the concept of the first one. You aren't reviewing a game, you're insulting a person.
complaining about something that does not affect you is not what the word hypocritical means.
edit: hypocrisy is when you proclaim X is bad, then do X yourself.

you are projecting and being hypocritical. you are the one is insulting a person (calling me a hypocrite) and so you assume everyone is like yourself, malicious and looking to insult others, and take it as an excuse to "counter insult" them.

Last edited:

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
complaining about something that does not affect you is not what the word hypocritical means.

you are projecting and being hypocritical. you are the one is insulting a person (calling me a hypocrite) and so you assume everyone is like yourself, malicious and looking to insult others, and take it as an excuse to "counter insult" them.
Lol, no. To be honest, not only I think that you're everything you're saying, I also think that you felt so troubled with that you had to completely change the topic 3 times (The game is shit and so the dev ---> Why are you answering me? ---> You're the hypocrite!) just in order to find "something" to reply.

Don't worry, I won't bother you anymore. I saw your comment and I felt like saying that I found it extremely hypocrital (now I'll also add selfish to that), that's all. This argument will probably be deleted later because it's off-topic, that's fine for me, I just wanted to say what I thought, and even if the comments gets deleted, that will remain in your memory for a long time, you like it or not. Have nice day sir.

• Angry
Reactions: Daiji and mrttao

Daiji

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2017
seriously?

0.16 free version is on newgrounds, gamejolt and fap-nation, on f95 I made a request to update to version 0.16, but ignored and therefore here is still the old version. No one is forcing you to pay for additional content!

I'm not trying to squeeze money out of people!!! And don't accuse me of squeezing money, that sounds offensive!!!

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
0.16 free version is on newgrounds, gamejolt and fap-nation, on f95 I made a request to update to version 0.16, but ignored and therefore here is still the old version. No one is forcing you to pay for additional content!

I'm not trying to squeeze money out of people!!! And don't accuse me of squeezing money, that sounds offensive!!!
Making grind annoying and then selling exp boosters is shitty practice and should be shamed whenever possible.

Really shame, I was interested in this game, but this is big red flag. (ultimately doesn't impact me in any way since cheating in renpy is super easy, but it says a lot about developer and his priorities)

Daiji

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2017
Making grind annoying and then selling exp boosters is shitty practice and should be shamed whenever possible.

Really shame, I was interested in this game, but this is big red flag. (ultimately doesn't impact me in any way since cheating in renpy is super easy, but it says a lot about developer and his priorities)
Oh... maybe you're right... but developers are human too and they want to eat?
In the beginning I tried to do everything for free, but what's the use? only lost a lot of time in development!
The practice of giving people extra benefits in games for what they pay, thereby supporting the developer is normal!

I make games alone, it's very hard work, come up with the story, draw the characters, backgrounds, design, write the game code... And yes I'm not hiding that I want something in return, but all developers work on the basis of this principle!
Show me someone who doesn't work like that?!
By your logic it turns out that the developer should work and give you everything for free? Also, according to your logic, the gardener who grew the apples should give them to you for free? And it doesn't matter that he spent time and effort to grow them!

It would be better to give tips to improve the game and not pick on every little thing!!!
I do not understand what aggression towards the developer because of such a trifle... :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: skiward

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
Oh... maybe you're right... but developers are human too and they want to eat?
In the beginning I tried to do everything for free, but what's the use? only lost a lot of time in development!
The practice of giving people extra benefits in games for what they pay, thereby supporting the developer is normal!

I make games alone, it's very hard work, come up with the story, draw the characters, backgrounds, design, write the game code... And yes I'm not hiding that I want something in return, but all developers work on the basis of this principle!
Show me someone who doesn't work like that?!
By your logic it turns out that the developer should work and give you everything for free? Also, according to your logic, the gardener who grew the apples should give them to you for free? And it doesn't matter that he spent time and effort to grow them!

It would be better to give tips to improve the game and not pick on every little thing!!!
I do not understand what aggression towards the developer because of such a trifle... :cry:
It's more about that it shows that you are willing to compromise gaming experience for some extra cash. Create a problem and then sell solution, that's what exp boosters first bring to my mind. Extra content (or like many people see it, cut content) behind paywall also is something weird.
While I don't think that you shouldn't get any money, I have to say this: If you are in just for money... I don't want to bring bad news to you, but it's extremely hard for it to replace day job. You would need a lot of luck and probably work on something that you don't really want to, but is popular. Most devs treat it as a hobby or something extra on the side.

I don't understand why you felt the need for exp booster and bonus content instead of doing just sticking to things that don't bring as much negativity, like:
1. Early access for supporters.
2. Having supporters vote on what content they want to see to be added to the game. Letting them in that way influence game development. Pools in general are great way to interact with people and you can do a lot with it.

In any case, you do you. If few extra shekels are worth for you to tarnish your image then go for it. Hell some people won't even care either way. But don't expect for everyone to not think of it as cash grab. Especially when game is so early in development and you are already looking for way to squeeze few extra bucks.

2.20 star(s) 13 Votes