Others - Completed - CUSTOM ORDER MAID 3D2 It's a Night Magic [Final +DLC] [KISS]

1. 2.00 star(s)

entomology1233

So unlike these other fools. I am the real sucker. I actually bought this crap. Here are my problems.

-8 fucking fade to black to get into the sex
    -Theres no "Auto" sex or an ability to make a sequence. If your sex is going to be this simple in interactivity, at least embrace it and let us set up a sequence of events so I don't have to have my hand on the KB. It's too simple but not automatic enough to be independent.

Even without the major mods and extra personalitys, its almost a 100 gb. ELDEN RING IS 100 GB. An entire world filled with monsters, biomes and shit takes the same amount of space as a couple of vacant backdrops,good customization and absolute barebones gameplay, and oh boy, the gameplay. So recently, I have been trying to get the Com3d2.5 to work. Yes, I bought it. stfu. My point is, that a clean install of 3.5+DLC is 60 GB. It's still a lot. But I felt I needed to correct this info. Just so I can add a whole other paragraph bitching about updating and installation.

So when a game receives an expansion or an update. How does it typically work? Well, usually it's either standalone or it integrates itself onto the base game.
    NOT THIS GAME!
    The coders of this game can't be amateurs, they have to be insane. If you want to update your game. The installer COPIES all of your original game files, including mods or whatever crap you have in the same folder, and then makes a new 3.5 version. So you need 100 free gb because it literally duplicates your game and then updates it, without also deleting your old.
    But that isnt even the worst part, because in the end, this was actually favorable, because the new updated version gets fucked up from the mods. As in everything is missing textures. I gave up on figuring out how to fix it and opted for a clean install.
    ........cont from previous strikethrough
    It would be more accurate to call this a slightly over tuned visual novel than a game. There is a free game, with deeper, more complex and actual management mechanics than this game.

The gameplay has no stakes, no choices, no consequences in your actions. I really mean it when this "game" boils down to a visual novel. A visual novel that is bloated because of how it handles its own dlcs (plus mods) And if you have a mod that is fkn up something? Oh boy, troubleshooting to find the troublemaker is storming the beach to your ego in metal boxes of buyer's regret.

So for the two stars? Well cause the writing is actually enjoyable. I cant say much for main plot because I hate idols at best and dont care for them at worst. As for the "love" plots, I cannot enjoy them. For my deep seated guilt and fear of becoming attached to a fictional character prevents me from immersing myself too deep into fiction. However, the ntr plots already revealed that to be the case on some level. Because one of the plots triggered my actual response to being cheated on, mild disgust and lose of attraction. As for the actual plots they range from the stupid bitch not communicating properly, as in she just never straight up asks you for the facts or brings her worries out, to grand conspiracies that leaves you asking yourself "Why is this James Bond villain not conquering the planet with this kind of planning and connections?" That's not a rag that's a compliment for not rehashing the first example. They sort of tie into their personalities (exploiting their naivety or over-protectiveness).

A little addendum. So yeah, the writing is enjoyable. But the engine cannot handle, or maybe it can and the devs are just lazy, but during scenes at places like a restaurant or a mall, there are NO other people. Taking a girl out shopping? No one. Going to the fancy 5 star restaurant? Not even a waiter. Your food is served in a mystical fade to black. The game world is basically silent hill. What's worse is that male characters are just colored silhouettes. Very immersive. This failure to construct a believable scene makes visual novels superior. I thought I just didn't like romance until I immersed my self in a visual novel that is literally just text, still images and some ambiance.

You might be thinking "No star for the customization?" and I have to ask in response What's the point?

Yeah, sure it's good. For someone who does not like another unmentioned game models, yes these aesthetics pleaze the eyeballs. But who cares? There's no gameplay, and as I said before sex is too manual and at the same time too simple.

If my first two criticisms were fixed, I would bump this up to 3.5 stars. But I still wouldnt recommend it for the price until they fix the HDD consumption and add actual gameplay.

I guess if you liked making chars and taking pics, you could like this. But the default backgrounds are so bland. Maybe the modded ones are better.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

greenlittleman

COM3D2 can as well be the best game in terms of customizable sexual content. Especially if you are into NTR, as there a lot of NTR-conent as well, though there's an NTR-blocker for those who aren't into it. Basically, you can create your own maids and make love to them in all sorts of poses, there's also some plot and romance, you can choose a personality to your maid and it will affect plot and her events. This version of the game is far from being ultimate, if you have 200 gb of free space on your drive and your internet is fast enough then you can search for a Japanese version with mods (some of which allow to port translation from this version in addition to a decent edited MTL of the rest of content, in fact the official translation is hardly better lol) and DLCs which are only available in Japan. But even this version probably has a hundred hours of content. The actual gameplay can be a bit tedious, though, so if you don't want to wait for new h-scenes and read the story, you can always use Maid Fiddler and cheat.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

starmaster29

Edit: Accidentally reviewed the Japanese version of the game here.

This is the English release of Custom Order Maid 3D2. I've played both this and the Japanese version but I highly recommend the Japanese version over this. There are more mods, more content, more DLC. You can download an installer that ports all of the English UI from this game to the Japanese version.

That being said, this release is still a fun way to experience the game if you don't want to deal with the difficult 250+ GB install. There's still a lot to do and a lot to love here, from creating maids, going through different events and experiencing the fully voice-acted maid personalities, and unlocking dozens of different sex positions.

There's really nothing like this out there and I highly recommend it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

karimsama

This game is EXCELENT.
    It is, in the end a trainer game and a very well fledge brothel simulator with some rhythm game throw in for good measure.
    Even the base character configuration is great. I grew to love every single maid I hired. <3
  5. 5.00 star(s)

joethebeast

As an adult oriented game, this one deserves a 5 star. The gameplay may be lacking, the translations not perfect, but these are NOT the selling points of this game.

MEGA Pros: No other patreon indie games can even compete in these categories
    - Animations
    - Characters looks
    - Customization
    - Voice acting
    - Quantity of content (clothes, animations, voices, hairs, etc)

Normal Pros:
    - Free camera control (interactions are fully 3D)
    - VR support
    - Bug free
    - VR support (yes, i doubled it because it's one for each eye)

Cons:
    - The difficulty level poses no challenge. Way too easy
    - No real mechanics in the game. Just grind towards unlocking new rooms, sex positions and events.
    - No male body, just a ghost (at least you have a penis with the uncensor)
    - Too similar to CM3D2
  6. 4.00 star(s)

matsc

The translation (the major selling point for this over the Japanese version) is.... shaky. Its a bit better than machine translation... usually.... but its hardly great.

Hell, the game's subtitle "It's a Night Magic" is part of that. Its a song lyric in game that the heroines are trying to translate into English. Its supposed to be "A Magic Night" or "A Magical Night" but... engrished.

So yeah that's the level of skill to expect.

Past that, its a fairly slim management game, with poor explanations of most mechanics, held together by a girl creator and grinding (no pun intended) to unlock new sex scenes.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

TheBlindSteve

COM3D2 is to nobodies surprise a Japanese game, and is a sequel to CM3D2 which you have no need to play to enjoy this game. But I'm sure you don't care about that, you're wondering what is this weird game and why am I so erect? I can't answer the last one but I'll try my best to answer the first one.

Custom Order Maid 3D 2, or more simply COM3D2, is a management game which means that you'll be making a character and managing their stats, but don't expect it to be anything too complicated it's pretty simple. When you first start a game your uncle drops a mountain of debt on you and you're given 3 semi-customizable maids to play with. Before you do anything else let me give you some help I wish I would've had before starting.

These maids are your "story" maids basically they're the main characters in the main story and most of the game will be focused on them so. But they also have some really weird translation names So let me help you out a bit here. Muku(voiced by Sakura Momoka), is basically a "pure" character, basically shes upbeat and energetic and the one I like the least. Majime(Voiced by Himari), is your typical serious character, it's funny whenever you confront her with sexual topics. Rindere(Voiced by Misono Mei), is your older sister type, and my favorite of the 3. At the start of each day for your first 3 you'll be forced to make one of these characters until you've made them all, then the story will actually start.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here, customization is an important part so how good is it? Well the first thing you'll notice when you make a character is there are a lot of buttons, the panel to the right is used to instantly go to the relevant tab, so click on hair and you'll start editing hair. You can of course edit the character normally using the left panel or use touch jump at the bottom to start editing whatever part of the character you click on, but touch jump doesn't work too well for me. Sliders are simple and easy to use and the game gives you 3 sizes measurement for people who use that for their preferred bodytype. You can edit everything about your first 3 maids EXPECT their personality as thats important for the story, but later on you can make your own 100% customizable maid. I usually just use other people's creations for these sort of things but since this game has a story mode I actually bothered to make my own and I find it simple enough to use.

Now back to the story, it's not that great to be honest it's a simple affair that basically boils down to "you're poor so turn your maids into idols." I didn't care too much and I don't think you will too due to how poorly done the translation is. Sometimes it's okay other times it makes me question how native this english speaker was, just never read the description of your maids, ever. But more interesting are character events, as you level up a maids favor by having Yotogi(Sexual acts) or by watching over them directly you can get character events, some of which had me laughing frequently. If you get a maids favor high enough you get a special event that changes what they think of you, which mainly affects how they react to you during Yotogi.

As you progress through the story(or just finish your first day) you'll notice a dance function, basically thats this game's rhythm game and outside of story it's only there for fun. You can just watch your maids dance without during the rhythm game though and you'll unlock more songs as you progress through the story.

As you play a bit you'll notice a couple other tabs like "Shop" and "Facility Setting" both of these are quite important for each other, so lets start with shopping. As you can imagine you don't start out with a lot of clothes, and the money by having your maid work CR is used to purchase many things. But most of these are pretty obvious and easy to understand expect for facility fortify gear. Basically you buy these stuff once and you'll always have them, there is some merit to buying all of them if you wish to invest in upgrading your facilities. When you hit the Facility Setting button, you'll notice that it kinda looks like a mobile game, but don't expect to be waiting 3 hours to build these things, as the tutorial says they finish building after the day ends. They're mainly used to get new jobs and scenes for Yotogi, but you can upgrade them which you'll notice if you hit reinforcement data. It took me awhile to figure it out but to upgrade a facility you have to schedule a maid to strengthen facilities, the main benefit to doing this is to increase a maids increase in stats when they work there or how much money they make working.

Schedule, it's pretty simple this is a management game after all, but this is where it gets a bit confusing. Maids can do 2 separate actions every day and these usually happen offscreen unless you hit the COMMU button which basically lets you see a short event about what they're doing and they gain favor and more stats, but that can only been done twice, one during the day once during the night. Theres a lot of stats to juggle but to be honest they don't really matter, just have them do whatever sounds cool to you, having one of your maids do both vocal and dance training is useful for story events though. But then there is Yotogi/Pure Love(maybe a couple other tabs if you have NTR on) which is all about the real reason we're here, to fuck. The sex system is simple, you select actions to queue up and then click buttons to watch animations play. But during this you'll be watching a girl's mental state which if it falls to zero ends that scene and gives you halved mental state for the next scene. But you'll notice a lot of greyed out scenes you can't use, basically yotogi them until you can it's pretty simple.

I have more to say but this review is already off topic becomingly partially a tutorial, but this is mainly here for people that have never played a game like this so they know what to expect. I'm giving it a 4, it'd be higher if the translation was good, but unless you're used to reading machine it may spin you for a loop. TLDR It's basically an adult idol raising sim but with maids.