Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious: Sister/Incest Mod [Ellaraia]

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
It's true that it does contain way more files than needed, just *.rpy from game/ directory would be enough. I also wonder how Ellaraia (*) creates this, if there's some system that makes it easy, and not too much manual work (like keeping two versions and porting changes between them, or something like that).

(*) I mean the anonymous modder who somehow also steals his account. ;)
It's quicker and more reliable to just have the patch contain everything except the images. If I try and just select the files which are changed I'll probably miss a file which will break something.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
It's quicker and more reliable to just have the patch contain everything except the images. If I try and just select the files which are changed I'll probably miss a file which will break something.
if i remember correctly, you already use variables to hold the role descriptors, if you use the patch format you can just overwrite those variables but i dont know how you integrate that without throwing errors everywhere in dev mode. probably some init 9999 fumbling? ive only seen compiled patches in the last while and cant tell.

Reactions: spooge_nugget

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
f = full / not compressed

I took a while off from hitting my head against a wall searching for bugs because my render backlog hit 0. Once it's back up to a few dozen I'll get the fixes done.
Well, hitting your head against the wall I can imagine be quite the headache. ;) And hopefully my little joke, even with how bad it was at least brought a smile to you.

Reactions: Ellaraia
Jul 18, 2017
f = full / not compressed

I took a while off from hitting my head against a wall searching for bugs because my render backlog hit 0. Once it's back up to a few dozen I'll get the fixes done.
how are you going with the progress for v0.7f IC patch?
Not trying to rush you because i know how difficult bug fixing can be.
I appreciate all the effort you do for this patch to become live for us all. :)

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
A little confused here. Why is this 63mb and full of files that it shouldn't need? I have never seen a incest mod like this. Most of them are just one file or a few script files, not exe and other stuff.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway since this is not updated for the newest version of the game. But, this mod is a bit confusing as to why it has so much to it.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
A little confused here. Why is this 63mb and full of files that it shouldn't need? I have never seen a incest mod like this. Most of them are just one file or a few script files, not exe and other stuff.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway since this is not updated for the newest version of the game. But, this mod is a bit confusing as to why it has so much to it.
It was already explained in this thread. Such mods are different, ranging from setting one simple variable to containing hundreds of megabytes of files with different contents.

Yes, this mod was not updated yet, and the last update of the game was kind of intermediary, AFAIK not the best one, because I think the dev had a kind of a period of re-organizing stuff. I mean it happens that your work went smoothly, but slows down at times. So probably the next update would be juicier and better polished etc., so I might just wait with playing this game; though honestly it's tempting to play it alredy. =)

Reactions: Ellaraia