• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Cutting Room Floor [Development Thread]

Mr Editor

Jul 4, 2021
top_image.png

My visual novel is called 'Cutting Room Floor' and will be collection of short stories.

When writing down ideas for a visual novel I had many intimate scenes. At first I tried to join these together into a story, but it felt forced. I decided to turn these many scenes into their own stories.

I hope to expand on the stories/characters who prove popular.

This game is not just a collection of intimate scenes. There is build up and choices to be made with respect to characters. But the setting of these stories will be smaller than other games.

The stories will generally focus on a small cast of characters in a few locations. Once you finish a story you can move onto the next one with a fresh character.

Plan is for game to allow players to import packages from other developers who have created their own renders but don't want to create a full game.

I am 'Mr Editor' which is why I use the film role in preview pictures :) I will be writer and artist, but coding is done by other person. I know how to do basics in Renpy, menu, display images etc, but not how to create system to allow many short stories like I want this game to be.

Still early days. I am writing out the stories I intended to start with and creating the renders. Posting previews when I'm happy with results. I have given ideas to programmer who will create the framework I can use going forward.

I know this is very start, but I created page as I don't have website.

Reactions: Reifon