Mod Abandoned Cybernetic Seduction [Ep.4 Part 2] Multi-Mod [AB]

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
My friends,
Here I leave you an Alpha version of the Walkthrough Mod for Cybernetic Seduction Episode 5 Part 1. I have some clarifications:
- This is the first Alpha version of the Mod for those who want to test it and leave me their comments. It is not even a Beta version and should not be considered definitive although it is perfectly playable.
- This Mod is not a continuation of IAmAB's Mod and has no relation to said development. Therefore, old Saves made with IAmAB's Mod will surely not work. My tests of Saves (very old ones without any Mod) worked well with my version of the Mod.
- This is a Walkthrough Mod, not a Multi-Mod, its function is to guide the player through the decisions that give the MC the most satisfaction. At this point in development it does nothing more (nor anything less).
- For purists, this Mod modifies (barely but surely) the original behavior of the game. It does not eliminate any decisions but it ensures that the points necessary to access those decisions are reached. Like the rest of my Mods, the goal is for the player to be able to see all the scenes in a single playthrough. Those who do not agree with this method, please do not download or install the Mod. You will be disappointed. Criticisms in this regard will be ignored.
For those who, like me, do not play these complex games without a Mod, I hope you enjoy it and I await your comments.
Best regards,

Murray.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Happens during the interrogation scene in the club. If you ignore it it happens again, but you can just keep doing it, doesn't seem to be game breaking.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/episodes/episode1.rpy", line 5053, in script
    menu:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 229, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 235, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 236, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 237, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 238, in execute
NameError: Name 'mod1' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/episodes/episode1.rpy", line 5053, in script
    menu:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1060, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(new_items)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1296, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 235, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 236, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 237, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 238, in execute
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1574, in __init__
    self.set_text(text, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/text/text.py", line 1693, in set_text
    i, did_sub = renpy.substitutions.substitute(i, scope, substitute)
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 228, in __getitem__
    raise NameError("Name '{}' is not defined.".format(key))
NameError: Name 'mod1' is not defined.

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Cybernetic Seduction Ep5_1
Wed Aug 14 23:27:33 2024

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Found something annoying. If you choose the MOD option to dream about everyone the second time it appears(i think), the game just loops back to the start of the previous day. From there things can potentially break, the free roams get weird because you technically already did them, for now i would advise picking something other than the MOD option for that particular choice.

Reactions: MurrayMods

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Found something annoying. If you choose the MOD option to dream about everyone the second time it appears(i think), the game just loops back to the start of the previous day. From there things can potentially break, the free roams get weird because you technically already did them, for now i would advise picking something other than the MOD option for that particular choice.
Rodrigo,
Thank you very much for testing the Mod and for your feedback. Could I ask you for an image of this decision? To be able to locate it in the code. Thanks again.
Best regards,

Murray.

Reactions: RLRS and Rodrigoofb

RLRS

Jan 19, 2023
Rodrigo,
Thank you very much for testing the Mod and for your feedback. Could I ask you for an image of this decision? To be able to locate it in the code. Thanks again.
Best regards,

Murray.
which decision exactly?, I'm having the same bug now.

Captura de Tela (91).png

Maybe this image will help?
It's one of the first decisions before the interrogation scene.

Last edited:

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Yes, found it, thank you. There is a dream sequence in Episodes 1, 2 and 3. This image is from Ep.2
When you select 'Dream of Val' then there is another option that allows you to go back (Back Out) and select another dream and in the 'Mod: All' option you could also 'Back Out'. I fixed the Mod so you can't 'Back Out' when you choose 'All'.
If that's all you found, for now, I think we could move on to the beta phase of the Mod.
Rodrigo, thank you very much again for your contribution.
Best regards,

Murray.

Reactions: RLRS and Rodrigoofb

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Yes, found it, thank you. There is a dream sequence in Episodes 1, 2 and 3. This image is from Ep.2
When you select 'Dream of Val' then there is another option that allows you to go back (Back Out) and select another dream and in the 'Mod: All' option you could also 'Back Out'. I fixed the Mod so you can't 'Back Out' when you choose 'All'.
If that's all you found, for now, I think we could move on to the beta phase of the Mod.
Rodrigo, thank you very much again for your contribution.
Best regards,

Murray.
No problem, thanks for the MOD. I just finished playing the game, no other errors.

Reactions: 7T Primal

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
No problem, thanks for the MOD. I just finished playing the game, no other errors.
Excellent news. So I'm going to make it a little neater and put it into Production.
I'm going to generate my own thread in the Mods forum so we can definitively close this post.
Thank you very much, the truth is that I had my doubts how this Mod would turn out due to the sandbox. I'm glad it serves the community.
Best regards,

Murray.

RLRS

Jan 19, 2023
Excellent news. So I'm going to make it a little neater and put it into Production.
I'm going to generate my own thread in the Mods forum so we can definitively close this post.
Thank you very much, the truth is that I had my doubts how this Mod would turn out due to the sandbox. I'm glad it serves the community.
Best regards,

Murray.
Thank you for making the mod, even though it was an alpha version and there were these unforeseen issues that were discussed in previous messages, it worked for me to finish it too.

MurrayMods

Modder
Nov 28, 2022
Thank you for making the mod, even though it was an alpha version and there were these unforeseen issues that were discussed in previous messages, it worked for me to finish it too.
Thank you very much for taking the time to test it.

Reactions: RLRS

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
- This Mod is not a continuation of IAmAB's Mod and has no relation to said development. Therefore, old Saves made with IAmAB's Mod will surely not work. My tests of Saves (very old ones without any Mod) worked well with my version of the Mod.
Worked just fine actually.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Thanks. I think you should remove the abandoned tag for this since you have taken over..
Technically the moderation team COULD give him control of the thread and remove the tag, but the way it's generally done is that the new modder makes their own separate thread and the old one remains marked abandoned. That's what Murray said he would do here, and I'm sure when it's ready he'll post a link here.