JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
My 1st world computer plays this game really well. I'm loving the interior design of the apartment and overall graphics in general. Can barely tell that it's Unity with the quality of the models and shaders. Needs more content of course and definitely going to have to rework anything cum related (I'm guessing it's mostly placeholder?).

.Sirene

Jul 24, 2022
Game is currently 5.5gb. If you have a compression algorithm for 4k textures and high resolution meshes that will reduce their size without losing quality, let me know. I'd gladly implement that.
No need to bite.

Secondly, I mean - there isn't really a need for 4K textures, since - let's be honest, the majority of people here are probably still using BBC Micro's and old Atari's on a daily basis.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Tested v0-2-6a on my setup: 4090, playing on 4K + Ultra settings, everything to the max, getting around 120 FPS with DLSS on and 85 FPS 4K natively (DLSS off).

The settings FPS gain tooltips are a bit weird, for example "HQ Hair enabled" states "FPS Gain when OFF: Huge" but toggling it off only gives like 5-6 FPS more, lol..

I noticed around her eyelashes is constantly some white circular shape, looks like some weird artifact, quite distracting. Also, her pupils will go through her eyelids, I tried capturing it on screen, see image.

As for gameplay, there isn't much there, but I noticed I had to alt+f4 during the peeking minigame because I cannot fill the peek bar nor exit the peeking mode.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
No need to bite.

Secondly, I mean - there isn't really a need for 4K textures, since - let's be honest, the majority of people here are probably still using BBC Micro's and old Atari's on a daily basis.
I usually don't lash out like that. Sorry about that.

To explain my thoughts behind 4k textures:

The reason I'm using 4k textures is not only because I'm going for maximum quality, but also for flexibility.

For lower specs it's pretty easy to use a mipmap levels as a substitute (effectively dividing the texture resolution in half as often as necessary to save on VRAM and memory access. You can see this happening when using lower quality settings in the game). This is an optimization that allows textures for both max quality for machines that can run it, and also maximum performance for machines that can't.

The disadvantage is of course disk space, which, in my opinion, is a tradeoff I will take in this case.

Last edited:

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
Tested v0-2-6a on my setup: 4090, playing on 4K + Ultra settings, everything to the max, getting around 120 FPS with DLSS on and 85 FPS 4K natively (DLSS off).

The settings FPS gain tooltips are a bit weird, for example "HQ Hair enabled" states "FPS Gain when OFF: Huge" but toggling it off only gives like 5-6 FPS more, lol..

I noticed around her eyelashes is constantly some white circular shape, looks like some weird artifact, quite distracting. Also, her pupils will go through her eyelids, I tried capturing it on screen, see image.

As for gameplay, there isn't much there, but I noticed I had to alt+f4 during the peeking minigame because I cannot fill the peek bar nor exit the peeking mode.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for testing.

Usually the performance gain from using simple hair is bigger, but I think it highly depends on the hardware. It might not be a bottleneck for your system in this case.

The white shape might be transparency artifacts. I'll try to eliminate that.
Also, the pupil poking is something I will definitely fix. Since the eyeballs aren't spheres, it can be hard to emulate them going under the eyelids, while at the same time keeping in close enough to prevent a gap.

When you were in peeking mode, did nothing happen when you looked at Theia in the shower in the bathroom?
Either way, I should probably add an option to prematurely exit the game.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Thank you for testing.

Usually the performance gain from using simple hair is bigger, but I think it highly depends on the hardware. It might not be a bottleneck for your system in this case.

The white shape might be transparency artifacts. I'll try to eliminate that.
Also, the pupil poking is something I will definitely fix. Since the eyeballs aren't spheres, it can be hard to emulate them going under the eyelids, while at the same time keeping in close enough to prevent a gap.

When you were in peeking mode, did nothing happen when you looked at Theia in the shower in the bathroom?
Either way, I should probably add an option to prematurely exit the game.
the rest of the system is 64 GB DDR5-6000 & 7950X3D if that helps.

As for the peeking game, I was just looking around the rooms, and when I stood in the shower I saw the prompt to start the peeking game, and the girl spawned into the shower while I stood in the shower. Thus I left, and saw the red cone when she turned around. So I timed it such that she was facing the wall, but peeking bar did not fill. I ALT+F4 and retried but this time from the outside of the shower/sauna, and had the issue again that the peek bar did not fill, had to ALT+F4 again.

hachigames

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2020
the rest of the system is 64 GB DDR5-6000 & 7950X3D if that helps.

As for the peeking game, I was just looking around the rooms, and when I stood in the shower I saw the prompt to start the peeking game, and the girl spawned into the shower while I stood in the shower. Thus I left, and saw the red cone when she turned around. So I timed it such that she was facing the wall, but peeking bar did not fill. I ALT+F4 and retried but this time from the outside of the shower/sauna, and had the issue again that the peek bar did not fill, had to ALT+F4 again.
Tthank you for the explanation.
Hmm, the peeking is essentially testing a ray towards her chest area. If the ray doesn't hit any wall, it should be filling up the meter, so I'm not sure what's going wrong there.

For it to be filled you are kind of forced you to stand clear view, having to weave in and out.
There is however a known issue where the red area gets drawn wrong if you play in fullscreen windowed on a smaller resolution than your monitor at the moment.

Since there is currently no downside of getting caught, you can also just walk into the shower with her, which will immediately get you caught :D

Gu7

Jul 11, 2017
Would be nice if the reward for completing the peeking minigame allowed us to leer at the girls without the risk of getting caught

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I could easily see this being a cool game if I had a space ship to run it on, but since my average laptop is in fact not a space ship, I cannot run this game without getting nauseated from the lag. lol
I turned off literally everything available to turn off, too. It DID lower the quality enough to be semi-playable, but still frustratingly slow, and not really worth the time to deal with.

VoidInVoid

Apr 21, 2023
I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so this could have been pointed out somewhere else already; but I but I have noticed a minor thing with the sliders on the character creator. None of them stop at 5%, 15%, 25%, et cetera. It's a very minor thing, and it probably wouldn't be very high priority to fix. The microdetailer in me wanted to mention it, anyway.

Oct 10, 2017
You're not wrong. I overspent on aesthetics tbh and paid 3200 for the rig, monitor not included and indeed some countries are straight screwed out of fair pricing for stuff.

Man. You know what? You know what I'm gonna ask. You get asked it all the time. Can't dm you here though like it says to do. Enlighten me.
3k for a rig, starting from scratch seems a little expensive... 6 years in, including my recent upgrade to a 5950x and 128gb of ram amounts to about that, 3k. and that includes extras i didn't need but liked the aesthetics of like hardtubing watercooling loop plus watercooling plates for the 3070, an overpriced x570 hero vii and so on.

Where do you even spend 3k for a "just decent enough rig" ??

Aerrae

Apr 26, 2020
3k for a rig, starting from scratch seems a little expensive... 6 years in, including my recent upgrade to a 5950x and 128gb of ram amounts to about that, 3k. and that includes extras i didn't need but liked the aesthetics of like hardtubing watercooling loop plus watercooling plates for the 3070, an overpriced x570 hero vii and so on.

Where do you even spend 3k for a "just decent enough rig" ??
Lian Li Evo Case 159.99
Sky Hynix Platinum 2 TB NVME @7000 read 6500 write 129.99
Lian Li SL Infinite Case fans (6) 197.94
Gskill 32 GB @6000 Mhz RGB 119.99
ASUS Tuf 1000W 80+ Gold 149.99
PNY 4080 1199.99
Lian Li GA II Trinity SLINF 189.99
Asrock B650E Steel Legend 209.99
7800x3d 349.99
Two year protection plan from Micro Center 139.99
Anti Sag Bracket 11.99
HDMI Cable for temporary monitor 14.99
Win 11 139.99

Total 3014.82
After tax, 3353.86

Methinks considering you got a 3070 and idk if you got it during pandemic or after that you are not aware of how prices have continued to increase.

Idk how you can call mine decent enough either. 4080 can do everything really, anything it can't do the 4090 can't really do either. Literally no one and no game needs 128 gb of ram. Ever, so if we're gonna compare that or your higher tier mobo it's not really a fair one as no video games need 128 gb or the QoL features on the highest end mobos. Neither will give you a performance boost if we had equal parts otherwise.

My rig is not just decent enough, it's about the best you can get for pure gaming these days. It has exactly the power needed for max 120 fps 4k in 99% of games out right now. The other 1% cripple a 4090 so there's no point in the extra power imo. 70% better doesn't matter if 70% more power still isn't enough. I'd change my mind if the 4090 was the 1000 dollar option, but at 2k plus it's not worth it to still not be able to play maxed out Cyberpunk or AW2 without using DLSS.

Last edited:

evaw

Feb 5, 2021
Lian Li Evo Case 159.99
Sky Hynix Platinum 2 TB NVME @7000 read 6500 write 129.99
Lian Li SL Infinite Case fans (6) 197.94
Gskill 32 GB @6000 Mhz RGB 119.99
ASUS Tuf 1000W 80+ Gold 149.99
PNY 4080 1199.99
Lian Li GA II Trinity SLINF 189.99
Asrock B650E Steel Legend 209.99
7800x3d 349.99
Two year protection plan from Micro Center 139.99
Anti Sag Bracket 11.99
HDMI Cable for temporary monitor 14.99
Win 11 139.99

Total 3014.82
After tax, 3353.86

Methinks considering you got a 3070 and idk if you got it during pandemic or after that you are not aware of how prices have continued to increase.

Idk how you can call mine decent enough either. 4080 can do everything really, anything it can't do the 4090 can't really do either. Literally no one and no game needs 128 gb of ram. Ever, so if we're gonna compare that or your higher tier mobo it's not really a fair one as no video games need 128 gb or the QoL features on the highest end mobos. Neither will give you a performance boost if we had equal parts otherwise.

My rig is not just decent enough, it's about the best you can get for pure gaming these days. It has exactly the power needed for max 120 fps 4k in 99% of games out right now. The other 1% cripple a 4090 so there's no point in the extra power imo. 70% better doesn't matter if 70% more power still isn't enough. I'd change my mind if the 4090 was the 1000 dollar option, but at 2k plus it's not worth it to still not be able to play maxed out Cyberpunk or AW2 without using DLSS.
:ROFLMAO:
Irl you pc cost 1k + 1k gpu + 1k show off

4.30 star(s) 19 Votes