Unreal Engine DamselRace [v0.17.8] [DamselRace]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

jaler

Apr 21, 2019
Wow! Thank you for your thoughts! I have been working most recently with Virt-a-mate for the animation framework and models. I have started making Custom Unity Assets for VAM animations, which has been more complicated than I expected. I should probably learn C+...
Anyways, do you think Unity is a good engine to work with?

Also, I intend to support you through Patron... it's great that you are so approachable! Best of luck moving forward!
I can't say :( , I've got a generic opinion of unity since the whole debaucle they last had, but Unity is, as far as I know, very ligth weight, very supported, and easily distributable. I don't work with it so its really up to you. Its good to know your pipelines! Marking out like you are right now, seeing things you need done as you mentioned, from knowing how your gonna animate, what your gonna animate, where your models will come from and can they be imported to the engine you want to use are big steps.

I went with UE5 since its getting big traction with its engine updates, easy to program with C++, and compatible with my pipelines of Blender, Vroids, and other tools.

Overall I think any engine is good to work with, its just a question if you feel what your executing better works on the engine, each one has its pros and cons which can easily be reviewed or has been discussed in many a youtube video!

virtigo

Feb 2, 2020
So many interesting mechanics I could see potential for. I assume in a sneak/stealth situation puzzle game you could use the other women to distract the sentry orbs to get by them while they are busy restraining. Perhaps the other NPCs wander around or need to be tricked into getting restrained before you can pick them up or struggle free on their own. Perhaps detection range is based on amount of clothing or lust. Could possibly steal others clothing. Could make for a fun puzzle game.

jaler

Apr 21, 2019
So many interesting mechanics I could see potential for. I assume in a sneak/stealth situation puzzle game you could use the other women to distract the sentry orbs to get by them while they are busy restraining. Perhaps the other NPCs wander around or need to be tricked into getting restrained before you can pick them up or struggle free on their own. Perhaps detection range is based on amount of clothing or lust. Could possibly steal others clothing. Could make for a fun puzzle game.
Exactly! Thats the hope! For this game mode (name yet to be made), you need to run around the map with NPC damsels that look very much like you, if not, one for one in look and color scheme. Not all of them look like you, others are essentially cosmetic clones of other players. You can maybe use these damsels with skills, charms to distract the nabber, or place those damsels into dangers so that they trigger them instead of you.

Last edited:

jaler

Apr 21, 2019
It doesn't start for me, Engine starts and then it crashes, no crash report or something alike, anyone got any info on that?
My suggestion is to go on the itch and try other versions. Anything before 17.7, such as 17.6 for patrons and 16 for the free version do not have a save fix I implemented (the game has an issue of not creating saves on the first execution so it autoquits on first execution to create the save.

If your game still crashes for versions before 17.7, then that seems to be a very unique issue on your end, since I've heard of no crashes such as that.

If your game does not crash for versions before 17.7, it may be that your computer is not allowing a save to be created. The game needs a save to allow certain mechanics to work, and if it doesn't detect a save it will autoquit.

I am planning to change this, but I got a few reports of save issues, which were all fixed by this patch. But does point out the general flaw of a PC that isn't allowing a save to be created, I assume maybe some anti-virus or something. I've yet to have anyone with this specific save issue, but I assume in the future when I remove it,I'll probably get a tiny uptick of individuals that cannot use save reliant features, such as damsel customization or even graphic customization.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote