VN - Ren'Py - Dancing Colors [Ep.3] [Nilx_games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Luke Cage

I tried to get through to the awful pacing and weird dialogue but couldn't as it felt the story overall wasn't written by the developer. I felt like I was reading one's fanfic created through ChatGpt. At least come up with original dialogue or revise it a bit from the one generated from ChatGpt. It just felt copy and pasted. I could give one instance. At the beginning, when the MC is introduced to his best friends and the scene at the library. That whole dialogue in both sequences felt robotic. I don't want to shame someone using ChatGpt, but I felt like I should do this to get the dev's attention so they can improve and create original dialogue.

Overall: 2
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

Vanilla goodness.

Story:

Not for all members of the smut crew but if you're into romance and wanting something that gives you the feels then I recommend this. It's sweet, the MC is likable, his friends are actually his friends and care about him. The dialogue is naturally and the story so far is well written. I'm sure there's going to be other additions to this story in the future but this was a nice read.

Renders:
    Solid

Characters:

Well done. Natural looking models is always a plus in my book.

Dialogue:

This Dev gets it, so far there's no over the top tropes. The conversations all felt authentic.

Overall:

I'm sold and can't wait for more.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I had a really hard time rating this one. The graphics are good, the characters are unique looking and the dialogue seems natural. The story progresses well and there are a number of hot women in the story. It sounds like the start of a good AVN,

I guess, for me, it's all a bit too sweet. Yes, I know I have always said I want a good story, but I also like some kinks, and I can't see anything other than some sweet, loving, vanilla h scenes in the future. Nothing wrong with this, but I get that at home. Looking for something a little spicier at least and I can't see that happening here.

I will definitely keep my eye on this and will update the review if things change, but for right now, it is worth it to check it out for yourselves.

Good luck to the developer.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

flaviopaganini

The first two episodes of this engaging romance simulator feature a captivating narrative, centered around a protagonist whose uncommon hobby among young people draws curious looks and sometimes labels of 'Weird,' especially from girls. The arrival of new neighbors in the neighborhood catches the protagonist's attention towards a young woman notable for her kindness, sparking a promising friendship. However, there appear to be secrets in her and her family's life that could jeopardize the future of this relationship.

Regarding technical aspects, it's hard to find faults. Both the user interface and modeling deserve praise, and the game showcases well-executed animations. As for audio, a melancholic soundtrack skillfully complements the scenes, adding an extra layer of atmosphere.

I consider this game a true gem, brimming with enormous potential. The only downside is its brevity, but the promise of regular deliveries of new content helps offset this issue. I strongly recommend that all romance simulator enthusiasts give this game a try and, if possible, support the developer through Patreon.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

korochan48

I really like this one it has soothing, calming and very sweet effect. Simple but very good. Very short for now only 2 episodes. Hope dev will continue this simplistic and calming story telling. Please dont jump the remaster/remake train.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

theshidder

7.8/10

Honestly, pretty good. As everyone else has said, it is VERY short, probably about 10 - 15 minutes long. That doesn't take away from the substance, though, and for a game in a genre chock-full of bland & uninspired characters/stories, this one has a fair chance at standing out.

I think the main differentiating factor is the sequence of rendering. I could count the amount of still renders on one hand; almost every single piece of dialogue changes a render in some way. Whether that's a shift in the camera angles, or a character being borderline stop-motion animated. It's very nice, and it does a good job at keeping the readers attention.

The other of two downsides (the current length), is the lack of choices. As of right now, this is a novel and nothing more, which is fine. I just prefer having choices, and if this story continues, I'd love to see it in some sense.

Other than that, I think maybe the dialogue could be a little less obvious, but I don't understand the dev's vision for this story yet, so that's why I'm not really giving this as a true critique. I only mean this in the sense that sometimes things don't need to be said, they can rather be inferred.

Overall, I see potential, the dev just needs to keep at it! Hopefully we'll get another, longer episode. I'm interested in what this game has to offer.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

veibvux

Way too buggy and there is no animation. When you get to the end and finally unlock the gallery, the game crashes. It has potential and hopefully the dev gets it fixed for the next update. I will adjust my rating as the game becomes more stable and more playable.
    Update. The fix has not resolved the gallery crash. I am hoping the dev adds more animation to the story line down the road.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Jaango

Dancing colors Ep 1

A good first release yeah it's shorter and kinetic but loved it. Fresh breath around here with MC who loves to stargaze. We can clearly see dev really put lot of work to craft his work. Got nice bgm, sound effects and ambience. I was totally immersive into it. Don't know whether this will kinetical in the future too. This episode on shorter side but on each click renders changes and renders are not repeating often either. Got fluent animations too. Felt like watching a movie. Loved the pace of the game. After completing the first episode there is a bonus content too

If you love reading a good story with nice visuals surrounded by good atmosphere give this one a try. You will love it. Keep up the good work dev eagerly looking forward to next updates. Hope this one stays here

Good

+ Renders
    + Story focused
    + Mainly focusing on one girl
    + Slow burn
    + Music & sound effects
    + Personality of MC and Luna

Bad

- shorter
    - Luna's model felt basic mainly due to her hair
  9. 5.00 star(s)

m0us3r

Nice atmosphere.
    Music, sound effects, UI are very well done.
    Good renders, both in terms of composition and quality.
    Cute models.
    The story is interesting. MC is relatable.
    Writing is decent. Just a couple of places where it could be more polished.
    The only problem is that Ep.1 is a bit short, and the other episodes are expected to be short too.
    The game is good though.