5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
So, I've got news for y'all.

Let's start with the first artwork for this month, an adult (and amazingly good looking) Kim Possible.

Dandon clearly wanted to draw her, so she recently made a poll which, surprise surprise, Kim won by a landslide (and of course I voted her).

Katara from Avatar got the second place and a humanized version of Lola Bunny got third place, so it is likely we'll also see them this month (mind you, it's only my prediction).

Nejire Hado from MHA ranked 4th and Yara Flor (the new wonder woman, apparently) got the last place; Dandon said she would keep them in mind, along with Neliel from Bleach and Olga from Kuroinu, so I don't know if we'll get them this month or later.
Also, the first artwork came kinda late this month, so we might only get one batch for march, but there's still time.

Dr. Syndicate

Sep 15, 2018
So, I've got news for y'all.

Let's start with the first artwork for this month, an adult (and amazingly good looking) Kim Possible.

Dandon clearly wanted to draw her, so she recently made a poll which, surprise surprise, Kim won by a landslide (and of course I voted her).

Katara from Avatar got the second place and a humanized version of Lola Bunny got third place, so it is likely we'll also see them this month (mind you, it's only my prediction).

Nejire Hado from MHA ranked 4th and Yara Flor (the new wonder woman, apparently) got the last place; Dandon said she would keep them in mind, along with Neliel from Bleach and Olga from Kuroinu, so I don't know if we'll get them this month or later.
Also, the first artwork came kinda late this month, so we might only get one batch for march, but there's still time.
I don't know, I usually think she'll end up doing a one set month if she's this late

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Which ladies were in the poll?
For this month's batch, according to Jthebloody (or batches, if we're lucky):
  1. Kim (aged-up) got the gold medal by a landslide
  2. Katara (aged-up, I suppose) got the silver medal
  3. Lola Bunny (the human version) got the bronze medal
  4. Nejire Hado got fourth place
  5. Yara Flor (the new Wonder Woman) got the last place
Notes:
Nejire and Yara, along with Olga and Neliel will be kept in mind. A very small but plausible chance that we got to see them this month (batches sent in April), being the likeliest to be on April's batches (batches sent in May) or even on later batches. So, for these four -- gotta wait a little bit longer. If my memory serves me right, Olga and Neliel was back in the January or February poll.

Please do correct me if I appear to be wrong on the matter.

Reactions: polkiis

polkiis

Feb 14, 2021
Nejire and Yara, along with Olga and Neliel will be kept in mind. A very small but plausible chance that we got to see them this month (batches sent in April), being the likeliest to be on April's batches (batches sent in May) or even on later batches. So, for these four -- gotta wait a little bit longer. If my memory serves me right, Olga and Neliel was back in the January or February poll.
I would love to see Olga performed by her but unfortunately "I'll keep her in mind" is kind of standard answer - "hmmm, sorry no" I know this from my own experience as I wrote about Liara T'Soni and Himeko Murata. Others also got this answer, I feel sorry for Reeves who wanted Kefla and awalys have answer - I'll keep her in mind, but what do we expect, she has so many suggestions from people "that the skull is smoking"

My question nr 2 - any one is interested on her coloring process videos? I was tier 10$ subscriber (not for 4 years but maybe one year)

btw sry for my English

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I would love to see Olga performed by her but unfortunately "I'll keep her in mind" is kind of standard answer - "hmmm, sorry no" I know this from my own experience as I wrote about Liara T'Soni and Himeko Murata. Others also got this answer, I feel sorry for Reeves who wanted Kefla and awalys have answer - I'll keep her in mind, but what do we expect, she has so many suggestions from people "that the skull is smoking"

My question nr 2 - any one is interested on her coloring process videos? I was tier 10$ subscriber (not for 4 years but maybe one year)

btw sry for my English
We can't really predict how an artist's mind works. Dandon might do it now, later, or someday in the next four months or more. Who knows?

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
For this month's batch, according to Jthebloody (or batches, if we're lucky):
  1. Kim (aged-up) got the gold medal by a landslide
  2. Katara (aged-up, I suppose) got the silver medal
  3. Lola Bunny (the human version) got the bronze medal
  4. Nejire Hado got fourth place
  5. Yara Flor (the new Wonder Woman) got the last place
Notes:

Please do correct me if I appear to be wrong on the matter.

Slight correction, Olga & Nelliel were on the november 2020 poll; from that poll only them and Viper from Valorant are yet to be featured, although they both got a lot more votes than Viper (she basically was dead last even before the poll started).
Dandon gets a lot of request, such as the ones from the guy that always asks for Kefla from Dragonball or others (I've tried sometimes to get her attention of the ladies from Heroes of the Storm or the Persona series, especially P5); it's pretty common not to get the character you want, so I'd say we're better off enjoying what she draws every month.

Reactions: Dr. Syndicate

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Slight correction, Olga & Nelliel were on the november 2020 poll; from that poll only them and Viper from Valorant are yet to be featured, although they both got a lot more votes than Viper (she basically was dead last even before the poll started).
Dandon gets a lot of request, such as the ones from the guy that always asks for Kefla from Dragonball or others (I've tried sometimes to get her attention of the ladies from Heroes of the Storm or the Persona series, especially P5); it's pretty common not to get the character you want, so I'd say we're better off enjoying what she draws every month.
Thanks for the correction. I appreciated it.

A question: I presume you are one of her patrons, I'd like to ask how many girls were put in the backburner other than Nelliel and Olga (at least throughout the later parts of 2020)?

polkiis

Feb 14, 2021
polkiis : Nice avatar :p.
haha thanks, it is from Battlefield 3 account :)

it's pretty common not to get the character you want, so I'd say we're better off enjoying what she draws every month.
Firstly. It's true but on the begining of 2020 if I remember correctly, she made open post for patrons suggestions. Then we have e.g Laura, Triss, Jill, Tifa x2, Mirko, Riven, Cammy. These ladies were already painted, why she doubled (tripled if we look at Tifa) pictures of those ladies when she has a lot more other great options from patrons.

Secondly, when new game coming out (or remaster) with nice babe, she painted her straight away. I know it's not her fault, it's mainstream at the time, but in that case we have less new ladies from patron suggestions.

Thirdly, she is making too much new OC (it's my opinion) when she had already great characters to develop, do you remember wonderful Audelia, Narcilia, Elena? (She made more). Rose and Neema are amazing too. New character miss Salty is so-so to me. I see a burnout of opportunities here.

In my opinion, she has a bit of a badly organized schedule and she is making too much variations (for me e.g. preggo is unnecessary, and when we have lady with big melons, version with magic mushroom is illogical). She even forgot to celebrate her 5th year on patreon :(

I would like to point out that I love her works (her rendering is amazing) and what I wrote is NOT hate or something similar to it. I will definitely come back to her when I see that everything returns to its good track as before 2020.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
In my opinion, she has a bit of a badly organized schedule and she is making too much variations (for me e.g. preggo is unnecessary, and when we have lady with big melons, version with magic mushroom is illogical). She even forgot to celebrate her 5th year on patreon
I believe she did more than a handful of variations, which hinders the progress.

Thirdly, she is making too much new OC (it's my opinion) when she had already great characters to develop, do you remember wonderful Audelia, Narcilia, Elena? (She made more). Rose and Neema are amazing too. New character miss Salty is so-so to me. I see a burnout of opportunities here.
Too many OCs to count since 2017 or so I've remember. I'd suggest that she "revisited" her old works to let the new patrons knew her previously made characters because I feel there's a market for them, albeit not as big as many of the ones at the polls.

Secondly, when new game coming out (or remaster) with nice babe, she painted her straight away. I know it's not her fault, it's mainstream at the time, but in that case we have less new ladies from patron suggestions
Supply and Demand, my guy. If people wanted it, even if it was unplanned -- well, that's the plan. Request the artist to do the newly introduced character until the last member requested it. Bandwagon sucks, but I know why many would want that to be immediately drawn. It gives some sort of traction, in my opinion.

Firstly. It's true but on the begining of 2020 if I remember correctly, she made open post for patrons suggestions. Then we have e.g Laura, Triss, Jill, Tifa x2, Mirko, Riven, Cammy. These ladies were already painted, why she doubled (tripled if we look at Tifa) pictures of those ladies when she has a lot more other great options from patrons.
One of Dandon's weaknesses is that she oftentimes drawing too many similar characters with different poses/positions and therefore homogenizing her roster of ladies. She could draw Tifa once and leave a space for Aerith, Cindy Aurum, or any other character in that regard. She's going a little to the H side was a breath of fresh air.

No negativity against Dandon nor demand was requested as I wrote this. This is purely my observation and personal thoughts.

polkiis

Feb 14, 2021
Too many OCs to count since 2017 or so I've remember. I'd suggest that she "revisited" her old works to let the new patrons knew her previously made characters because I feel there's a market for them, albeit not as big as many of the ones at the polls.
Yes! :) Her old OCs are amazing like this
04.jpg

Supply and Demand, my guy. If people wanted it, even if it was unplanned -- well, that's the plan. Request the artist to do the newly introduced character until the last member requested it. Bandwagon sucks, but I know why many would want that to be immediately drawn. It gives some sort of traction, in my opinion.
I agree with you, but even as it does, the number of patrons has not increased significantly, still under ~2,5k, when e.g Sakimi attracted over 10k. On graphtreon ( I love statistics :p) she was nr 2 now nr 8. She is in badly stagnation. I want to see her develop more.

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Thanks for the correction. I appreciated it.

A question: I presume you are one of her patrons, I'd like to ask how many girls were put in the backburner other than Nelliel and Olga (at least throughout the later parts of 2020)?

Well, let's see.

I'll try to answer both you and Polkiis, and let me tell you that I like that there's a bit of a conversation in this thread, it felt a bit stagnating.

Let's address the "ladies in the backburner" topic first; I'd say there are a lot of them: Olga, Nelliel, Viper, Yara and Nejire just the name the ones that didn't get picked in the latest polls.

Dandon has answered a lot of patreons' suggestions with "I'll keep *insert random character* in mind". Like I said, there's a guy that has been asking for Kefla for... a year? I've been a patron of Dandon since January 2020, and she gets a ton of request whenever she posts something.
It's only natural that there are characters/series she doesn't like and she draws inspiration from what she likes (for example she loves Hades and we got Megaera and Nyx), and that brings me along neatly to point number two: characters drawn multiple times, new OCs and variants.

Let me say first that sometimes she has recently re-drawn characters she painted years ago, and it was quite good since she had a chance to show how much she has improved (Miruko from MHA is the perfect example); at the same time, sometimes she just doesn't seem to know where to stop: her Ocs are quite good (Neema, Rose and Bubble come to mind) but she has drawn them way too much in the last few months, though I get that drawing your own characters and strongly "advertising" them can be good publicity and get more people interested in your works; still, drawing the same character from a game/comic/manga can be a bit annoying (Tifa got drawn twice in less than a year, but I'd bet that Dandon did that because the first artwork felt really rushed and wanted to do it right).
It's obvious that she also has to appeal to a large audience, therefore drawing a character from the most popular game/comic/movie can keep her patreons happy and perhaps get more to subscribe; there's little to gain from drawing obscure characters (I, for one, care very little for characters from DC/Marvel, but I still like them whenever Dandon draws them).
About the variants: yeah, she does a lot of them, and though that shows her commitment and her attention for details, sometimes... it's way too much, and I'm talking about the clothed/unclothed/slightly clothed etc. part.
Magic mushroom/tentacles/explicit/preg variants are more than welcome, I didn't even like preg variants before I've seen her artworks (and it seems to me that quite a lot of the patreons share this sentiment).

Last point of this rant, and I'd say that we all concur on this: Dandon should get better at planning/organizing/keeping track of her schedule; she has already admitted it, but we still forgive her.

kat-klema

Jun 29, 2019
cool! Ask her Lola Bunny to draw only a rabbit! like in space jam! I would be so happy about that!
lola_bunny_space_jam_2_by_linkartoon_deflyqu-fullview.jpg

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Well, let's see.

I'll try to answer both you and Polkiis, and let me tell you that I like that there's a bit of a conversation in this thread, it felt a bit stagnating.

Let's address the "ladies in the backburner" topic first; I'd say there are a lot of them: Olga, Nelliel, Viper, Yara and Nejire just the name the ones that didn't get picked in the latest polls.

Dandon has answered a lot of patreons' suggestions with "I'll keep *insert random character* in mind". Like I said, there's a guy that has been asking for Kefla for... a year? I've been a patron of Dandon since January 2020, and she gets a ton of request whenever she posts something.
It's only natural that there are characters/series she doesn't like and she draws inspiration from what she likes (for example she loves Hades and we got Megaera and Nyx), and that brings me along neatly to point number two: characters drawn multiple times, new OCs and variants.

Let me say first that sometimes she has recently re-drawn characters she painted years ago, and it was quite good since she had a chance to show how much she has improved (Miruko from MHA is the perfect example); at the same time, sometimes she just doesn't seem to know where to stop: her Ocs are quite good (Neema, Rose and Bubble come to mind) but she has drawn them way too much in the last few months, though I get that drawing your own characters and strongly "advertising" them can be good publicity and get more people interested in your works; still, drawing the same character from a game/comic/manga can be a bit annoying (Tifa got drawn twice in less than a year, but I'd bet that Dandon did that because the first artwork felt really rushed and wanted to do it right).
It's obvious that she also has to appeal to a large audience, therefore drawing a character from the most popular game/comic/movie can keep her patreons happy and perhaps get more to subscribe; there's little to gain from drawing obscure characters (I, for one, care very little for characters from DC/Marvel, but I still like them whenever Dandon draws them).
About the variants: yeah, she does a lot of them, and though that shows her commitment and her attention for details, sometimes... it's way too much, and I'm talking about the clothed/unclothed/slightly clothed etc. part.
Magic mushroom/tentacles/explicit/preg variants are more than welcome, I didn't even like preg variants before I've seen her artworks (and it seems to me that quite a lot of the patreons share this sentiment).

Last point of this rant, and I'd say that we all concur on this: Dandon should get better at planning/organizing/keeping track of her schedule; she has already admitted it, but we still forgive her.
Won't argue with it.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Well, let's see.

Won't argue with it.
Yes! :) Her old OCs are amazing like this
View attachment 1102698

I agree with you, but even as it does, the number of patrons has not increased significantly, still under ~2,5k, when e.g Sakimi attracted over 10k. On graphtreon ( I love statistics :p) she was nr 2 now nr 8. She is in badly stagnation. I want to see her develop more.
One of the factors that Sakimichan got so many patrons is that she dodged the Cancellery's bullet shot by the mobs on Twitter some months ago. On the other hand, Sakimichan's drawing consists of a mix between pin-ups, yaoi, yuri, and a little straight action here and there -- so the market is diversified into a wider audience.

As for Dandon... I guess she is still in transition into a fully-fledged H-artist (while most already are such as Badcompzero, Kachima, and many others) and after improving her renders, well, time to improve the "action."

I wish her luck for her future endeavors.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes